The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to wonder if the average park guest knows what those things. They aren't as ubiquitous as, say, Mario Kart
I think it’s akin to How To Train Your Dragon in that many recognize the IP in general, but less specifics are widely recognized than Mario or Potter.

I don’t think that would hurt the appeal in the long run, though. Zelda slots into the medieval fantasy genre pretty easily, and there’s plenty to work with design-wise to make it distinct and enticing to the layman.

I think it’s akin to How To Train Your Dragon in that many recognize the IP in general, but less specifics are widely recognized than Mario or Potter.

I don’t think that would hurt the appeal in the long run, though. Zelda slots into the medieval fantasy genre pretty easily, and there’s plenty to work with design-wise to make it distinct and enticing to the layman.
We do know that they have interest in it as it was in the original pitch to Nintendo

Even if I wasn't already vouching for protecting Lost Continent with an original ride, I just don't think Zelda's the best use for the space. I think Zelda needs verticality and wide-open spaces, something that would be difficult even with, say, the huge acreage afforded by Epic Universe. It would be impossible to achieve that space or level of immersion with Lost Continent, unless they break deep into backstage or isolate the land from the Islands lake.

Unfortunately, I don't think Zelda as a property would initially get allocated as much space as Star Wars Land. Perhaps they could package Zelda with other medieval fantasy properties like Lord of the Rings to justify a wider space, but I don't think any of the respective property holders would approve that.

Build the Hyrule Castle and land surrounding course from Mario Kart Deluxe 8 and you’re good imo. Odd example but was playing the other day and thought “THIS IS PERFECT”

Which is why I suggested a shrine instead. The land itself is Hyrule, but the entrance to a paraglider E-ticket - where on your adventure you also explore the castle - is the shrine.
Shrine would make sense, especially if they made if they successfully hid the show building behind the shrine to make it feel like you're actually descending into the shrine.

Would be a great replacement for Poseidon.
It's a moderately size building, so I think it would need to be expanded significantly. Zelda should have a Potter or Mario Kart sized building.

I'd also hope the attraction had somewhat of a darker edge, maybe with a similar mysterious tone as Indiana Jones, but less hectic.

It's a moderately size building, so I think it would need to be expanded significantly. Zelda should have a Potter or Mario Kart sized building.

I'd also hope the attraction had somewhat of a darker edge, maybe with a similar mysterious tone as Indiana Jones, but less hectic.

Demo Sinbad and extend the show building.

For those concerned about plopping Hyrule Castle next to Hogwarts, Universal just plopped 2 Nintendo castles (Peach's and Bowser's Castles) next to Hogwarts in Japan.

dp2hhr6emugbchorfr5v.png

For those concerned about plopping Hyrule Castle next to Hogwarts, Universal just plopped 2 Nintendo castles (Peach's and Bowser's Castles) next to Hogwarts in Japan.

dp2hhr6emugbchorfr5v.png
Just needs to be distinctly different enough to work really, and here it does.

Zelda I feel is more difficult than Mario and friends since I feel there isn’t a distinctive singular ride that immediately comes to mind. There’s millions of ideas, not a literal dual racing video game which screams theme park ride. Zelda screams theme park but it will take more creativity most likely to some degree. Wasn’t there some rumored coaster system like Gringotts that makes you tilt side to side and drop on your side as well? Let’s make that work here somehow.

Just needs to be distinctly different enough to work really, and here it does.

Zelda I feel is more difficult than Mario and friends since I feel there isn’t a distinctive singular ride that immediately comes to mind. There’s millions of ideas, not a literal dual racing video game which screams theme park ride. Zelda screams theme park but it will take more creativity most likely to some degree. Wasn’t there some rumored coaster system like Gringotts that makes you tilt side to side and drop on your side as well? Let’s make that work here somehow.

There is a coaster designed to do side-drops. That coaster is the SFX coaster from Dynamic, and it has two parks where it's supposed to be installed in (even if it's looking like that system is a freaking nightmare)

There is a coaster designed to do side-drops. That coaster is the SFX coaster from Dynamic, and it has two parks where it's supposed to be installed in (even if it's looking like that system is a freaking nightmare)
Ah, I see. Mind mentioning which parks? The ride system seems revolutionary to me

In all reality, we're spit balling here

In actual reality, I think they're waiting to see how SNW 1.0 goes first to see if they want to expand it

Which would mean LC will be here till after EU opens and is deemed successful
I think that's the reality anyway. VC and MAYBE FFL replacement are it before EU.

Reactions: shiekra38