Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will resume operations on December 1st and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn & Suites will officially open on December 15th.

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will resume operations on December 1st and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn & Suites will officially open on December 15th.

The fact Dockside is open makes me exceedingly happy.

It'll be interesting to see over time if a preference develops between Surfside and Dockside - I can see positives for both. Seems like it might be easier to walk to things south on I Drive from Surfside (if you walk through the garage); I'm guessing they made it very difficult to get to that 7-Eleven by Red Lobster from Dockside.

It'll be interesting to see over time if a preference develops between Surfside and Dockside - I can see positives for both. Seems like it might be easier to walk to things south on I Drive from Surfside (if you walk through the garage); I'm guessing they made it very difficult to get to that 7-Eleven by Red Lobster from Dockside.
I-Drive Access is ridiculously limited at both properties. There is a room key only access gate near the intersection at both properties, but the last time I was at Surfside, the gate was dead bolted (even a key wouldn't open it). The garage has an emergency exit staircase that drops onto I-Drive (that is hard to find), but it doesn't grant entry. The only reliably open spot is the Gate that is pretty far down Universal Blvd.

Personally, I prefer the look of Dockside, but the location/layout of Surfside.