Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Games Are You Playing?

I've been working through another playthrough of Bloodborne, and playing runs of Hades during downtime. Also messing about with Fall Guys with my less gamer-y friends... along with my usual weekly FFXIV stuff.

Playing The Outer Worlds as it was cheap. It's an alright game with a dated concept but it helps me over to next gen I guess.
I loved that game....its a smaller Fallout game and I'm very fine with that. Did all quests and side quests and had a blast....did it on Xbox and PS4 and even got it on Switch for cheap and will beat it again when I travel next year.

Ghost of Tsushima Free Update/DLC is out and its a blast also kinda creepy so fits the Halloween time vibes as well. It has features others AA online games don't have like allowing you to invite someone mid story if someone drops out, no microtransactions and a good deal of content to play and unlock.
If you rush through it all maybe 3 hours but if you level up all the characters should be 12+ new hours for FREE. Very much hope they add more missions to this and I know raids are coming but hope we get some stories as well.
Ghosts could end up being my game of the year, if Cyper punk somehow doesn't deliver.

Grinding through Borderlands 3's DLC. I maintain that if you have a sense of humor like mine, there's no finer writing in video games right now. Great balance between ridiculous humor and emotional weight.

I'm enjoying the new No Man's Sky update, Been about 3 since I last played it. Always fun to go back to... Waiting for Cyberpunk, and I might indulge in Destiny 2: Beyond Light... But it's been a year since I've really been able to get a lot of enjoyment out of D2, It's just got so stale.

I haven't been playing that many games this year, though I have been playing ScourgeBringer intermittently throughout the entire year.

Other than that I've really enjoyed Sayonara Wild Hearts, Lithium City, and Panzer Dragoon on an emulator. Tried to get into The Messenger, Tell Me Why, Yakuza Kiwami 2, and Katana Zero, but didn't really connect with them.

Favorite game this year was definitely A Short Hike. Everyone needs to play A Short Hike.

As for anticipated games, I'm hoping to try out Spider-Man 1: Remastered and Miles Morales if I can swing a PS5, maybe try to get into Demons' Souls even though I fell off Bloodborne pretty hard in 2016. Not really interested in Cyberpunk unless it's less than 20 hours long (just where I'm at in life right now), looking to get GhostRunner instead. Will definitely make PS5 a mandatory purchase once Ratchet gets released.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk == Best Game Trailer 2020

Played a lot of fighting games, and I still suck at them, but damn are they fun and enjoyable with friends.

I’ve been playing:

- Ultra Street Fighter IV
- Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
-Tekken 7
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Tekken 3
- King Of Fighters 13
- King Of Fighters 98
- Garou Mark Of Wolves
- Mortal Kombat 9
- Capcom Vs SNK
- Marvel vs Capcom

Out of all the fighting games I’ve played, I really enjoyed Tekken 7 the most. Doing combos feels fluid and connects well, although it’s sucks that there’s no arcade endings for every character, but other than that, the gameplay was amazing.

Just played through Little Hope a few times. I really enjoy these cinematic, decision-based, horror games, and as far as the Dark Pictures Anthology goes, I overall enjoyed the story of this one more than last year's Man of Medan. A lot of bits felt really reminiscent of Until Dawn, but having that comparison highlighted the fact Supermassive hasn't been able to quite match that experience again.

Started Spider-Man: Miles Morales last night. If anyone else is playing this (i'm on PS4) are you having freezing issues? I was in one of the holo-trainings and no matter what I did to try and circumvent it and try and reset, every time I got back to that moment it froze. So of course, I now have to start an entirely new game. Thankfully, I wasn't far into the game at all.

So I basically finished Spider-Man: Miles Morales and while it was great story wise and graphically... it was incredibly short (which I had heard in advance, so wasn't too terribly disappointed when I played and found out just how short it was), but as I stated above, it's glitchy as all get out. Like, there's just parts of this game I can't complete because it glitches when I get to it (thankfully side-missions, but still).

The story was top notch, but this is case and point for why story focused games like this generally aren't rushed out so quickly. I do wonder if me playing on PS4 has anything to do with it. I remember they said the game wasn't originally going to be for PS4, so I wonder if they retroactively turned a PS5 game into a PS4 game, which is causing all types of issues.

Finally picked up Spiritfarer as something to tied me over until Christmas. It’s adorable and so peaceful.

Over the last month with finally getting the PS5 this is the full list of games I have played and completed.
- Spiderman: Miles Morales (7/10)
- The Last of Us Remastered (Replayed it, 8/10)
- The Last of Us Part 2 (10/10)
- Doom Eternal (8.5/10)
- Uncharted (7/10)
- Uncharted 2 (8/10)
- Uncharted 3 (4/10)
- Uncharted 4 (9/10)

Right now just moved over to playing Ghost of Tsushima and it's really really good.

Over the last month with finally getting the PS5 this is the full list of games I have played and completed.
- Spiderman: Miles Morales (7/10)
- The Last of Us Remastered (Replayed it, 8/10)
- The Last of Us Part 2 (10/10)
- Doom Eternal (8.5/10)
- Uncharted (7/10)
- Uncharted 2 (8/10)
- Uncharted 3 (4/10)
- Uncharted 4 (9/10)

Right now just moved over to playing Ghost of Tsushima and it's really really good.
I’m not mad or anything, but I’m just curious, what made you give Uncharted 3 a 4/10?

I’m not mad or anything, but I’m just curious, what made you give Uncharted 3 a 4/10?
Narrative felt super unfocused and not nearly as interesting. The set pieces don't feel as good or cool as the first 2 or 4. The stealth feels really bad (The 4th game does it much better). Just not good.

Got a lot of games I'm currently in the middle of/on deck. Just finished the Battlefront 2 campaign. I used to play BF2 online a lot (when it was populated), but for some reason I thought I heard the campaign was bad so I skipped it. I really enjoyed it so I'm glad I played it.

I'm now moving on to Marvel's Avengers to do the campaign on there. I know the game hasn't been received the best, but I figured why not since I got it for over half off. Then I have Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077. Really excited for Ghosts and I'm saving Cyberpunk for last as with it being open world, the game could be one I play for a long time, but also... I want to make sure they sort out all of the bugs before I dive in.

Quick comparison to BF2 to Avengers - I loved how in BF2, the characters all had the likeness of the actor and at the very least, a sound-a-like. Not that I didn't know this ahead of time, but why couldn't they get the proper MCU faces and sound-a-like voices for this game? And Tony... where is his playboy swagger in this game? It just all feels wrong. Oh yeah, and unless I'm missing something big, the multiplayer sucks BIG TIME.

Been working my way through Cyberpunk, been very fortunate to only encounter a few silly bugs so far and have pretty solid performance. Still regularly return to Hades for some runs every few days, and Age of Calamity is serving nicely for when I want to veg out a bit.
Have Yakuza 0 and Haven from Game Pass in the wings once I knock out at least one of the above.

Got a lot of games I'm currently in the middle of/on deck. Just finished the Battlefront 2 campaign. I used to play BF2 online a lot (when it was populated), but for some reason I thought I heard the campaign was bad so I skipped it. I really enjoyed it so I'm glad I played it.

I'm now moving on to Marvel's Avengers to do the campaign on there. I know the game hasn't been received the best, but I figured why not since I got it for over half off. Then I have Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077. Really excited for Ghosts and I'm saving Cyberpunk for last as with it being open world, the game could be one I play for a long time, but also... I want to make sure they sort out all of the bugs before I dive in.

Quick comparison to BF2 to Avengers - I loved how in BF2, the characters all hid the likeness of the actor and at the very least, a sound-a-like. Not that I didn't know this ahead of time, but why couldn't they get the proper MCU faces and sound-a-like voices for this game? And Tony... where is his playboy swagger in this game? It just all feels wrong. Oh yeah, and unless I'm missing something big, the multiplayer sucks BIG TIME.
Just Beat BF2 on my Xbox Series X and it looks like basically a next gen game. I think its a solid 7/10 I think it would be nice to have some more showing the main characters on down time to connect to the more...but hey they can also do that in the shows since the actors look just like the characters sure they would love to come back.
I will say on thing in the timeline that doesn't make sense is Kylo goes into Del's mind..and in the book Del is pretending to be a rebel during the battle of scarif time....so no clue why he makes it seem like Del wanted to become stronger from that battle/planet when he had been in the Empire for years at the point and on a squad. Must have been an oversight by the writers

Also beat Gears 5 and its new DLC Hive Busters Solid 8/10 fun action games. Then Beat Titainfall 2 Story and while I love those games and the story is basic.....level design wise that game story is 9/10 every level is different and most are very creative and fun to play. If you never played it its only 7ish hours and free on gamepass or EA access...or like 5 bucks at gamestop.