Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Games Are You Playing?

There's less multiple endings and more "one true ending and multiple bad endings". Remember: keep asking questions and investigating.
I’m going through a blind playthrough so it’s unlikely I’ll be getting the “true” ending, but I’ll ask this. Am I able to load a previous save to discover more endings or will I have to do multiple NG+?

I’m going through a blind playthrough so it’s unlikely I’ll be getting the “true” ending, but I’ll ask this. Am I able to load a previous save to discover more endings or will I have to do multiple NG+?

DO NOT DO MULTIPLE NG+!!!!

Just use multiple save files, the divergent paths are clearly laid out and you know when they pop up. There's some no spoiler hint guides out there to reach the true ending in Golden, make sure to max out Marie ;)

DO NOT DO MULTIPLE NG+!!!!

Just use multiple save files, the divergent paths are clearly laid out and you know when they pop up. There's some no spoiler hint guides out there to reach the true ending in Golden, make sure to max out Marie ;)
This might be hard to answer without spoiling but at what point should I save so that I can go back and redo choices?

Well I did it, I’ve beaten Persona 4. Here are my final thoughts.
God, where do I even start, this is probably of the most beautiful games I have ever played. I’m seriously considering putting this game at my No.1 spot of my top 5 games. Most sad moments don’t hit me that hard. Usually a death would shock me and I move on, but Persona 4, oh man I almost shed a tear and my heart wanted to explode when I saw the final end. This is the most I’ve ever enjoyed from a video game. The story, characters, soundtrack, gameplay were amazing. I haven’t played P3 & P5 yet, but honestly I don’t think there’s anything to top the P4 cast, I loved it so much, it felt like I was with them.

Though there were some problems that kinda ticked me off. The anime cutscenes are very stuttery and laggy. There were times it crashed my PC, and got so frustrated that so had to restart. Lastly, while fighting enemies can be fun, dungeons can be really repetitive and annoying. I hated going back to previous floors when I found I was missing a key item to progress through, which I found VERY annoying and tedious.

Well that’s all I can say. And thank you @Joe for your tips of this game. The Golden Ending just made my experience WAY more enjoyable than it should have.

Went out with Rise. Kinda regretted it when I met Naoto. Almost went out with Yukiko until I met Rise. Also got the good ending, with the cast reuniting for May.

Last edited:
Well I did it, I’ve beaten Persona 4. Here are my final thoughts.
God, where do I even start, this is probably of the most beautiful games I have ever played. I’m seriously considering putting this game at my No.1 spot of my top 5 games. Most sad moments don’t hit me that hard. Usually a death would shock me and I move on, but Persona 4, oh man I almost shed a tear and my heart wanted to explode when I saw the final end. This is the most I’ve ever enjoyed from a video game. The story, characters, soundtrack, gameplay were amazing. I haven’t played P3 & P5 yet, but honestly I don’t if there’s anything to top the P4 cast, I loved it so mich, it felt like I was with them.

Though there were some problems that kinda ticked me off. The anime cutscenes are very stuttery and laggy. There were times it crashed my PC, and got so frustrated that so had to restart. Lastly, while fighting enemies can be fun, dungeons can be really repetitive and annoying. I hated going back to previous floors when I found I was missing a key item to progress through, which I found VERY annoying and tedious.

Well that’s all I can say. And thank you @Joe for your tips of this game. The Golden Ending just made my experience WAY more enjoyable than it should have.

Went out with Rise. Kinda regretted it when I met Naoto. Almost went out with Yukiko until I met Rise. Also got the good ending, with the cast reuniting for May.

The stuttering of the cut scenes is a PC problem, it's a known issue. But yes, P5 takes care of the gameplay complaints you had.

Glad you had a blast! P4G is an incredibly special and memorable experience.

I've had a busted Xbox controller for two years that didn't allow headphones to work. So last week I bit the bullet and got a new one and I started playing Doom: Eternal. That game's soundtrack is really really really really good. If you have GamePass and haven't tried it yet I definitely recommend it.

UNDERTALE IS ON GAMEPASS!

OCTOPATH TRAVELER HITS GAMEPASS NEXT WEEK!

OUTRIDERS HITS GAMEPASS ON 1 APRIL!

I don’t have time for all these games...

Started playing Persona 3 FES on an emulator, since I’m craving for more Persona. All I can say is, the way they reveal their persona is mind-blowing.

Ehh? Anyone? Anyways loving the setting and the music in this one so far. The gameplay is similar to P4 but that’s unfair judgement since I started with 4, so can’t say much about it.

Finally got Doom Eternal for Switch and love it, except I am stuck near the end of Excultia on one of those weird jump things. Also still playing Dark Souls, currently doing to DLC (just finished killing Artorias), then all that is left is the final boss.

Started playing Persona 3 FES on an emulator, since I’m craving for more Persona. All I can say is, the way they reveal their persona is mind-blowing.

Ehh? Anyone? Anyways loving the setting and the music in this one so far. The gameplay is similar to P4 but that’s unfair judgement since I started with 4, so can’t say much about it.

Enjoy Mitsuru casting Marin Karin.

I now played twice a part of the Resident Evil Village demo and it looks amazing on my PS5, can't wait for the full game. Also playing Ratchet and Clank again as prelude for the new one.

Earlier this week I finally managed to finish Dark Souls (Nintendo Switch), after initially having some trouble with Gwyn, he went down very fast. Had seen this video of someone beating him super fast using great combustion, now I did not have that one but do have regular combustion, so I thought, ok, let's try that, and he was down in less than a minute. Also helped that I was wearing Havel's Armor, and a Silver Knight Shield+5. Immediately started New game +, kind of amazing how so far I have breezed through it (did the Bell Demons already, and yesterday did the Catacombs, so that I can have the Rite of Kindling), then also helps a great deal that yo know where most stuff is now.

Started Resident Evil 8.....its pretty dam good

I liked 7 a lot and think this one if it keeps being fun and spooky will be one of the best. Its got the wacky Villains like in Resident Evil 4 but its not an action game much more survival and general tone is more adult and i Love it

Finally got Doom Eternal for Switch and love it, except I am stuck near the end of Excultia on one of those weird jump things. Also still playing Dark Souls, currently doing to DLC (just finished killing Artorias), then all that is left is the final boss.

Coming back to this--and I hope you get the chance to try Persona 3 Portable, even on an emulator. I was able to get much more into that than even Persona 3 FES for whatever the frigging reason (and it isn't even the gender options--it just jives really well with the way they handled that).

Going into the Yakuza series, albeit slowly. Probably gonna doubletap that and more of FFXIV (especially as they are about to end the patch content for Shadowbringers by the end of the month). I have played the Stadia demo of Village (works marvelously and it looks dead gorgeous, even on streaming tech); along with Miitopia, which I might actually try to get because it got me hooked.

Coming back to this--and I hope you get the chance to try Persona 3 Portable, even on an emulator. I was able to get much more into that than even Persona 3 FES for whatever the frigging reason (and it isn't even the gender options--it just jives really well with the way they handled that).

Going into the Yakuza series, albeit slowly. Probably gonna doubletap that and more of FFXIV (especially as they are about to end the patch content for Shadowbringers by the end of the month). I have played the Stadia demo of Village (works marvelously and it looks dead gorgeous, even on streaming tech); along with Miitopia, which I might actually try to get because it got me hooked.
Which Yakuza game did you start? If you haven’t, I recommend start with 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2. Great games with awesome charaters and fun combat. Yakuza 3 though, ehhhh.

As for P3, I’ll try to get to play the portable version of I have time. After Persona 3, I plan playing 5 Royal and maybe I’ll try to pick P4 Arena and Ultimax since I’m a huge sucker for fighting games. How different is the story when picking the female MC than the male MC?

Which Yakuza game did you start? If you haven’t, I recommend start with 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2. Great games with awesome charaters and fun combat. Yakuza 3 though, ehhhh.

As for P3, I’ll try to get to play the portable version of I have time. After Persona 3, I plan playing 5 Royal and maybe I’ll try to pick P4 Arena and Ultimax since I’m a huge sucker for fighting games. How different is the story when picking the female MC than the male MC?
Gameplay wise, it doesn't change, but narratively; there's some really fun shifts in subtle and minute ways. Additionally, you can date the guys in Persona 3 Portable.

I'm starting with Yakuza 0. I also fully played Tetris Effect, and god that was such a good one to play.