Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Qiddiya

Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I doubt that I'll ever get to this park but Falcons Flight looks intense, insane, or stupid. Check out The Coaster Kings (not my site by any means). It's nuts.

I have one word that sums up how I feel about this:

WHY?

Why, of all countries, would they think of putting this in Saudi Arabi? Why are they going through with this? Why not Dubai as that would be a FAR more logical place for this park/coaster? Unless I'm missing something I don't see a huge tourist market for this. I don't see anybody turning to their wife and kids and tell them, "Pack your bags and load up the van! We're going to SAUDI ARABIA!!!!!!"

I don't care how awesome this ride is. I'm not going. This ride looks ridiculous in that it looks like a pipe-dream design made on RCT3 by some kid hyped up on Monster and a Snickers bar who wanted to make "teh world's tallest fastest and SCARIEST and most Loop-de-loopiest ride EVAR!" It looks fun, but frankly ridiculous in that sense.

Again, I would like to ride this, but Saudi Arabia!? Yeah, I'm not going to take chances getting arrested for sitting on the handrails in the queue. I can't believe they're actually going through with this. If this gets built before epic universe I will eat my hat.

Saudi Arabia is paying for it. Their government wants to show they can compete with Dubai. They have tons of money and are looking to spend it to show they are part of the modern/western world in their own way. Six Flags is just licensing the name and sharing their expertise on running a park.

^Exactly. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Saudi Arabia try their hand at something like Dubai Parks and Resorts in the future.

I don't see anybody turning to their wife and kids and tell them, "Pack your bags and load up the van! We're going to SAUDI ARABIA!!!!!!"
This is the exact perception they are trying to change with creating tourism destinations

Dubai and Saudi Arabia are beautiful countries and extremely safe (I can only speak personally for Dubai, but I've had friends that enjoyed Saudi)