Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I'm not trying to be the IOA stan of IU but Confisco's also got a new menu and *chef's kiss*
Didn’t get to try it last trip, cause was intended to on my spring 2020 trip but I’m happy to hear it’s good. 2 good sit downs in my favorite park is succchhh a treat.

But, to make this relevant to the thread, Kirby!!!

Didn’t get to try it last trip, cause was intended to on my spring 2020 trip but I’m happy to hear it’s good. 2 good sit downs in my favorite park is succchhh a treat.

But, to make this relevant to the thread, Kirby!!!

To just bring the pink universe-devouring puffball that Joe wants to hit--part of me extremely wonders if UC has seriously looked at Kirby since the plans.

Out of anyone, he and his colorful characters would admittedly make for a fun mini-land, one that could have a small family dark ride on a level akin to Pets.

To just bring the pink universe-devouring puffball that Joe wants to hit--part of me extremely wonders if UC has seriously looked at Kirby since the plans.

Out of anyone, he and his colorful characters would admittedly make for a fun mini-land, one that could have a small family dark ride on a level akin to Pets.
A Kirby mini land would be a great transition from Marvel to TL IMO

Could not agree more, I don’t see how Kirby doesn’t get a prescence. At the very least, a store and meet n greet a la Hello Kitty. Probably is best option for Nintendo IOA presence as well.

Give it that carousel dark ride hybrid that Poppins was supposed to get, a bunch of mini games, a food booth, meet n greet and a store. We’d all be so happy.

A SLOP level dark ride for Kirby is the dream, and would be refreshing for IOA, but not sure we get that.

Could not agree more, I don’t see how Kirby doesn’t get a prescence. At the very least, a store and meet n greet a la Hello Kitty. Probably is best option for Nintendo IOA presence as well.

Give it that carousel dark ride hybrid that Poppins was supposed to get, a bunch of mini games, a food booth, meet n greet and a store. We’d all be so happy.

A SLOP level dark ride for Kirby is the dream, and would be refreshing for IOA, but not sure we get that.
I was thinking Mack family spinning coaster with show scenes

But yes, an omni-mover is probably more fitting lol

I'm not trying to be the IOA stan of IU but Confisco's also got a new menu and *chef's kiss*
We're all IOA stans here, so no sweat. Haven't been to Confisco's or Mythos, I will hopefully return to IOA this summer. Mythos is also probably the only thing keeping Lost Continent, with its lovely music and lovely indoor walkthrough, from being utterly demolished.

That Spongebob land someone threw out still makes the most sense to me. The theater and shopping district of Toon Lagoon are wasted space regardless. I personally think Toon Lagoon would be better served by multiple cartoon franchises from different eras. Popeyes stays, because its Popeyes. Dudley Do-Right gets a nice retheme into a different franchise that doesn't warrant a land (perhaps Madagascar to create a beach to tropical transition into Kong and JP). Then the theater and the shopping district become the Spongebob boat ride. You're then left with a land that both maintains elements of its previous style and presents three of the best versions of every water ride type (slow-moving boat ride, shoot the chute, rapids).

Last edited:
Mythos again won the Theme Park Innsider best Theme Park worldwide Restaurant in today's awards. That's many multiple wins. Great ambiance and the food is very good at a reasonable price, thus good value.
Fantastic! I'll make it a top priority to eat there next time I visit. My AP is gathering dust at this point, I look forward to it! ::cheers: Guess I need to try out Confisco's as well.
But, back to topic... For any Kirby ride/shop/etc., I just want Meta Knight in there somewhere.

Personally Breath of the Wild's artstyle perfectly represents both the serious sword-and-shield Zelda and Toon whimsical Zelda. It's already a mix of Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, and a dash of Twilight Princess. You can have serious looking Ganondorf while also have fun looking Gorons or Cucoo's. I can't see them going with any other artstyle for the parks. A boat ride would fit Wind Waker perfectly though.

It'll never happen in a million years, but the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks would fit so incredibly perfectly with Volcano Bay. Aquatic Ambience under the water, Hot Head Bop going up the volcano, Voices of the Temple walking through the ruins areas, Sloppy Sands at the park entrance. I so wish there was a Nintendo water park.

Donkey Kong Country soundtracks would fit so incredibly perfectly with Volcano Bay. Aquatic Ambience under the water, Hot Head Bop going up the volcano, Voices of the Temple walking through the ruins areas, Sloppy Sands at the park entrance. I so wish there was a Nintendo water park.

Speaking of which, it would be cool to have Super Mario Sunshine mix in with various other Nintendo games for Volcano Bay. Almost everything in the park including the volcano takes me back to SMS.

Speaking of which, it would be cool to have Super Mario Sunshine mix in with various other Nintendo games for Volcano Bay. Almost everything in the park including the volcano takes me back to SMS.
I am a HUGE Sunshine fan so that would be incredible to me. That game has always gotten tablescraps compared to 64 and Galaxy though, so I've learned to savor what little acknowledgement that game gets lol. Bowser Jr. holding the paint brush on the SNW official art was wild to me, that thing hasn't been seen in, what, 15 years? :lol:

worth checking out themeparx tonight
Looks like our rumor-meisters were on the money about the boat for Zelda and coaster for Pokemon.

Edit: Obviously I can't post this here, but I tried lining up the Treetop obstacle course blueprint with Google Earth. It looks like the obstacle course will (or would have been) built behind the bathrooms to the right of the Mystic Fountain. Though the bathrooms and the image and the blueprint line up, the Sinbad building appears to have been expanded or replaced. The pathways leading into the Sinbad building do line up however, leading me to think that the building is either not-to-scale or expanded.

EDIT 2: Also, glad Universal took my suggestion to make a ropes course ;) .

Last edited:
Pokemon would naturally lend itself to the sort of dark ride that USF could desperately use.

So of course that concept is for a coaster.

giphy.gif

Now that I look at it, it seems like the Doc's Kebab house and Poseidon's Fury show building have been retained. Doc Kebab's is easy enough to find. For Poseidon's, look at the blue section of the blueprint and notice how the protrusion of the building matches the protrusion on the left side of Poseidon's Fury.

Pokemon would naturally lend itself to the sort of dark ride that USF could desperately use.

So of course that concept is for a coaster.

giphy.gif
Bro, who cares. Look at that Zelda boat ride. The King of Red Lions leads you on a lilting glide through a tranquil spring, surrounded by nature and BOTW Guardians, which leads you into the Temple of Time, flooded, yet nonetheless staggering in its scale...

In other words, it's hella rad.

Last edited:
Eh, how much could happen in 2.5 years...

EDIT: At the very least, there might be external pressure to build this from Nintendo. Gotta justify that contract.
It really depends on the pandemic effects. I think they were trying to base it on SNW Osaka attendance, but it's not that simple anymore.

Also holy cow these ads on mobile are really bad. They're taking up most of the remaining screen when I type until I click out, then they pop up again 30 seconds later. Ugh.