Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blue Man Group

If BMG folded in Orlando they could use the soundstage for Grinchmas and any future HHN shows without too much modification

Last edited:
If BMG folded in Orlando they could use the soundstage for Grinchmas and any future HHN shows without too much modification
The theme park would have to make it known that it’s something they want before USF Production Group goes in and tears it all down and the place just becomes an empty soundstage again.

At this point I don't doubt that Cirque plans on bringing back the BMG Orlando show.
I don't doubt that a lot of companies want to do a lot of things. But we are living in a weird, weird time, man. Literally nothing will surprise me anymore. We're getting a $200M movie going directly to PVOD, something that not only would have been a laughable thought back in early March, but probably pretty laughable just a few months ago as we thought theaters would be reopening in mid-July for a bit.

Companies want to do a lot of things, but if they actually can do them in this environment is the question.

Worst than the 'worst case scenario', if that's possible, basically played out in the entertainment & theme park world. I'm sure there were very very few executives that predicted it would have been this bad at this point in time.

Sing on Tour in BMG and SLoP to Shrek gives them a quick and somewhat cheap update to USF in addition to a new Illumination Plaza. Probably won’t happen but this opens the door to an easy upgrade (assuming it’s even true).
It would be a great (partially, possibly temporary) solution for when they going to close Kidszone (we know that will happen...some day...right.

BMG has been on the brink for a few years, COVID just ripped the bandaid off.

That said, I was under the assumption that production wanted the SS back, not for the park.

But if it was for the park, it seems like a decent slot to slide Beijing’s Dragon show into (pure spec on that part).

That said, I was under the assumption that production wanted the SS back, not for the park.

But if it was for the park, it seems like a decent slot to slide Beijing’s Dragon show into (pure spec on that part).
If they put the dragon show in there it’ll be pretty telling about the state of EU imo

Stage space is way too small for Dragons. There’s not a lot of backstage or fly space, which that needs. That said, I can see Production wanting it, especially for the attached offices.

Big things to remember:

- The theme parks don’t “own” anything between the two parks. Even the space that’s used for offices is basically a free lease from Production to the parks. The closest thing to “park-owned” is SS33, which is managed by events.

- Accessing the Sharp Aquos from the park requires going through a narrow path under Rip Ride Rocket. Because of its proximity to the loading station, it’s the most difficult soundstage to get to from the park.Basically, using that area for a large park attraction would basically necessitate the removal of the coaster.

That said, here’s my potentially brilliant idea.

BMG is gone, and Events takes over the space. They get the offices, a box-office/sales window, and immediate access to both CityWalk and the Studios. They also get a flex space with a pre-installed stage and lighting rig. It’s a drastic improvement from SS33 on every level.

That means SS33 opens up, which is a far better expansion slot for the park. It’s more easily accessible and actually provides a weenie to New York. It’s also a better production space for Production if it’s not used by the park, because it’s the closest soundstage to the back gate and it’s right by the parking lot.

Stage space is way too small for Dragons. There’s not a lot of backstage or fly space, which that needs. That said, I can see Production wanting it, especially for the attached offices.

Big things to remember:

- The theme parks don’t “own” anything between the two parks. Even the space that’s used for offices is basically a free lease from Production to the parks. The closest thing to “park-owned” is SS33, which is managed by events.

- Accessing the Sharp Aquos from the park requires going through a narrow path under Rip Ride Rocket. Because of its proximity to the loading station, it’s the most difficult soundstage to get to from the park.Basically, using that area for a large park attraction would basically necessitate the removal of the coaster.

That said, here’s my potentially brilliant idea.

BMG is gone, and Events takes over the space. They get the offices, a box-office/sales window, and immediate access to both CityWalk and the Studios. They also get a flex space with a pre-installed stage and lighting rig. It’s a drastic improvement from SS33 on every level.

That means SS33 opens up, which is a far better expansion slot for the park. It’s more easily accessible and actually provides a weenie to New York. It’s also a better production space for Production if it’s not used by the park, because it’s the closest soundstage to the back gate and it’s right by the parking lot.
That's what I was referring to in regards to "expansion space"

Re-arrange and free up space towards the back of the park

That's what I was referring to in regards to "expansion space"

Re-arrange and free up space towards the back of the park

I won't pretend to know any info here but I'll offer this bit: why would Universal Orlando close an upcharge and replace it with something that would cost money and take years to deploy? And who at UC would do it? "BMG leave Orlando and nothing replaces it" makes more sense than "Universal wants to take over the space for theme parks".

I won't pretend to know any info here but I'll offer this bit: why would Universal Orlando close an upcharge and replace it with something that would cost money and take years to deploy? And who at UC would do it? "BMG leave Orlando and nothing replaces it" makes more sense than "Universal wants to take over the space for theme parks".
Because they keep on building hotel rooms and they know people want to enjoy attractions and they want to put buts in seats?
In that logic they wouldn't have build Kong and Velocicoaster, both empty lots that no one complained about...

If they added this area back to USF, wouldn't that open things up to allow for them to keep HRRR open in City Walk after park hours. I'm not sure why they would do that, I just understand it was once part of the plan.

Another thing, I guess having more square footage in the park raises allowable attendance numbers -- but this too seems silly to me as I do not think the parks reach capacity that often (save these days of reduced capacity).

As the article points out BMG is a very inexpensive production to run, but I assume UNI could see it as not drawing anyone to City Walk so therefore not worth it.

There's also already a theater in the park that needs redevelopment.

Because they keep on building hotel rooms and they know people want to enjoy attractions and they want to put buts in seats?
In that logic they wouldn't have build Kong and Velocicoaster, both empty lots that no one complained about...

Except this isn’t an empty lot? Lol