Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blue Man Group Replacement Rumors

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
MOD EDIT

Official thread for the replacement for Blue Man Group rumors

MOD EDIT

If BMG is gone, I really wonder if Drawn To Life will ever actually open at DS. It's a new, marquee show, so i'm assuming yes, but then again, Cirque isn't doing
well at all through this pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of a thought, I wonder what this means for the plaza and the surrounding area next to BMG and Despicable Me. If they expand the park, perhaps a true, flex-use theater for films might actually be a good idea? It could also be cheap, and something that can be interchangable.

I never really saw the appeal myself.

Fair, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I really enjoyed the show over the years and will miss it.

Despite the rumor of this happening because the parks “wanted the space,” I really think it was strictly a Cirque-sided business decision because of the pandemic. I can’t imagine Universal has “plans” for the spot at the moment.

Id like to know the backstage story on this.

Despite the rumor of this happening because the parks “wanted the space,” I really think it was strictly a Cirque-sided business decision because of the pandemic. I can’t imagine Universal has “plans” for the spot at the moment.
Yea. realistically, if EU really is going to get going in the next year or so, nothing large scale is going to happen at USF, especially nothing like expanding the footprint of the park.

It's a nice theater. Universal should take over and put in a new show.
In the short term I definitely think this is what they will do. Cheap investment and allows them to say they have something new for 2022\2023.

Put Sing on Tour in there
I think that could happen - it would fit with Despicable me for an illumination mini-land. I certainly wouldn’t mind if it did.