Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

I have often wondered why any of the Orlando parks haven’t built indoor lands like you see at other parks around the world.

Those mid summer rain storms are no joke.

Edit: Thinking about it. Hurricanes could maybe be the reason why.
I'm not stepping into a plane to fly for 10 hours to be in a building. If they make sure there is enough shade it's going to be amazing if this would be outside. It also saves a ton in construction costs so that can be used to improve it in a huge way.

I'm not stepping into a plane to fly for 10 hours to be in a building. If they make sure there is enough shade it's going to be amazing if this would be outside. It also saves a ton in construction costs so that can be used to improve it in a huge way.

I think 99.5% of the people attending from March to Sept would disagree whole heartedly with that opinion. People go and do stuff like Shrek "just to get out of the sun and in some A/C." And shade is a relative term in Florida with no breeze and ridiculous humidity. Also, it rains every day in the park...give parents with young kids somewhere fun to go during the daily storms.

I think 99.5% of the people attending from March to Sept would disagree whole heartedly with that opinion. People go and do stuff like Shrek "just to get out of the sun and in some A/C." And shade is a relative term in Florida with no breeze and ridiculous humidity. Also, it rains every day in the park...give parents with young kids somewhere fun to go during the daily storms.
I don't know "people" but I know that a huge amount of rides and queues are indoors at Universal Studios Orlando and that a rainstorm usually is over in 30 minutes. To have some outdoor fun is something this park is missing imho.

What a strange opinion. Buildings have cool stuff in them. Big buildings have lots of cool stuff in them and are warm.

I get the point that @tielo is making and this might just be a European thing. I've only been to The Netherlands in summer and the weather was nice but when we go to 'The Sunshine State' we want to experience the sunshine.
I don't know "people" but I know that a huge amount of rides and queues are indoors at Universal Studios Orlando and that a rainstorm usually is over in 30 minutes. To have some outdoor fun is something this park is missing imho.

This has always been a huge criticism of USF and was one of the main points when IOA was being built, to have more outdoor lands. IOA becomes very limited when it's raining.

I am blanking HARD on what CP stands for. What is the yellow area meant to be?

Also - looks like we can do all this while keeping Springfield. CASE CLOSED
CP = Central Park

I’ve always wanted something in Central Park. So, why not add a small carousel which exists in the ACTUAL Central Park and has featured both physically and narratively in several movies?

And the yellow is the guests path.

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted something in Central Park. So, why not add a small carousel which exists in the ACTUAL Central Park and has featured both physically and narratively in several movies?
It would look really good during Horror Nights too. Though given crowds, I think two carousels would be better. The path you've outlined would fork to the left and right.

EDIT: Also, I'd personally prefer something in the style of the Bryant Park carousel, but much larger.

It would look really good during Horror Nights too. Though given crowds, I think two carousels would be better. The path you've outlined would fork to the left and right.

EDIT: Also, I'd personally prefer something in the style of the Bryant Park carousel, but much larger.
It has the entrance and exit, and the rough size of Carou-Seuss-el. I think the biggest thing is just extending the trees a little further down the way.

But, really, I’m just having fun with Chaos Creative right now.EFC222E0-3CC5-4842-83F9-AA510938B424.jpeg

Last edited:
Studios has a very well themed New York, Hollywood, San Francisco and London studio lots. I wish Universal would use that to expand it in new area's. Tokyo Drift could have an amazing Tokyo recreation as a façade and area.

CP = Central Park

And the yellow is the guests path.
Wow, I'm a moron.

But yes - that would be really cool! And would bring some kinetic energy to that area.

Also, I'm sad to confirm that Waterworld would NOT fit in the Fear Factor plot. :(

Though given crowds, I think two carousels would be better. The path you've outlined would fork to the left and right.

It has the entrance and exit, and the rough size of Carou-Seuss-el. I think the biggest thing is just extending the trees a little further down the way.
What about a double decker carousel?

What about a double decker carousel?
Oh, yeah, do that too, if it works with sight lines and you can still get good tree cover over the ride.

But, really, I’m just having fun with Chaos Creative right now.View attachment 14095
I like the implication that the cars are drifting on water. Very on brand for the Fast franchise.

What I would do for each park's first project post EU (I doubt either park gets a new ride before then):
-Iron Man themed Vekoma Launched flying coaster
-Similar to the post above, SLOP in Shrek and a Show in BMG

All three projects would be relatively cost effective and bring big benefits