Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I wonder if we'll see the old store become the tribute store moving forward until they come up with a permanent solution for the spot. I also wonder if they had a plan for the space that either fell through or got postponed because of the pandemic.

I would doubt it. The Tribute store gets people into the park.

I wonder if we'll see the old store become the tribute store moving forward until they come up with a permanent solution for the spot. I also wonder if they had a plan for the space that either fell through or got postponed because of the pandemic.
The current store will become a Universal owned dining concept. Possibly a Taphouse/Beer Garden.

Something like The Polite Pig would be welcomed.
Completely agree. Correct me if I am wrong, I think Universal noticeably lacks a good BBQ or any BBQ restaurant resort wide.

I think a quick service burger restaurant (along the lines of 5 Guys) would do particularly well near the entrance/exit of CityWalk. Yes. I know there is a Burger King haha.

Completely agree. Correct me if I am wrong, I think Universal noticeably lacks a good BBQ or any BBQ restaurant resort wide.

I think a quick service burger restaurant (along the lines of 5 Guys) would do particularly well near the entrance/exit of CityWalk. Yes. I know there is a Burger King haha.
I would prefer they lean away from things I can get on I Drive, to be honest.

Hot Dog Hall of Fame was always an odd choice/location. Would have been better located inside of one of the parks since no one goes out of their way to get a hot dog.

I really hope they get rid of the industrial look the building has.

Seeing the artifacts/historic photos added to the current Universal Store, I almost wonder if the plan may be to keep it open with merchandise and a preview center for EU?

Basically make it past, present, and future of Universal with EU merchandise as part of the preview.

IMO, its a shame that Hot Dog Hall of Fame never caught on more; it was a solid spot that just had a rough location and was a little higher on prices than ideal.

That said, I feel like whatever replaces this space really should not be a Table Service restaurant; CityWalk is a little bloated with TS options, and all of its QS options are in very unideal locations. A high quality quick serve where the current USS is would do gangbusters.