Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

I've said it a few times in my twitter, and I'll say it again: A Vekoma Mad House would be a perfect modern day tribute to the Haunted Shack. It's also very family friendly, so it'd go great with Knott's audience, and modernize a nostalgic classic.

As for the tombstone.... it's really tough to see what they're hinting at. Maybe they'll update with some tunnels/scenes for the Railroad? While the train itself is awesome, it's not a particulary senic ride. Isn't that partially why they have the "robbers"? To distract you for the nondescript view?
Vekoma madhouse PLEASE! Hex at Alton Towers is such a cool ride that messes with you head. Even though it has the presentation of that ride still felt a little stuck in the late 90’s, there were some really cool and disorienting sensations on that ride that made me want to go on it several more times.

They’re all over Europe, but it’s weird how that ride system never caught on in the Western Hemisphere. (I think there’s only one and that’s at Six Flags Great Adventure!) It would be unique enough to where it would be completely new and fresh for the SoCal market. It’s extremely unique for the market, there’s hardly any ride like it anywhere in the US, and it hardly takes up much space! I think this would be a great addition for Knott’s.

I would love to see some outdoor scenes for the railroad like Cedar Point has. That would be a fantastic enhancement for Ghost Town. I find it odd they would even think of removing the train as that’s not really how I see Knott’s moving forward for their vision for the park. I think Raffi has set the standard and has made the pro so successful by adding new stuff to appease the GP and families and the people who care about the park’s history.

Back in the early 00's I would have been fearful of the train being removed, but the way Cedar Fair has been treating Knott's lately I don't see it happening. Sidenote on that new headstone, is that the same location as they interactive one they had for the Taste of Fall-o-Ween?

There is one other Vekoma Madhouse in the US... and strangely, they are relatively close to each other. The other one is at SF New England. But IMO, the one at SFGrAdv is the superior one.

There is one other Vekoma Madhouse in the US... and strangely, they are relatively close to each other. The other one is at SF New England. But IMO, the one at SFGrAdv is the superior one.
Ive heard that as well. Is there a specific reason?
Also, I’ve never experienced a Vekoma Madhouse or Mack’s version, but I’ve seen videos. And I just know they don’t do justice to the attraction. For those of you that have been on it and seen videos, how has the experience been compared to what you can see on a POV? Do they have good repeatability?

Edit: Man, now that I think about it a haunted shack Vekoma Madhouse would be sweet, and could even have an awesome overlay for Scary Farm! A man can dream...

Ive heard that as well. Is there a specific reason?
Also, I’ve never experienced a Vekoma Madhouse or Mack’s version, but I’ve seen videos. And I just know they don’t do justice to the attraction. For those of you that have been on it and seen videos, how has the experience been compared to what you can see on a POV? Do they have good repeatability?

Edit: Man, now that I think about it a haunted shack Vekoma Madhouse would be sweet, and could even have an awesome overlay for Scary Farm! A man can dream...
Yeah watching videos doesn’t do it justice compared to being in person. The platform you sit on and the entire room surrounding you are on two different axis. The platform you sit on swings to and fro while the room around you can spin 360 in any direction.

On Hex, at the beginning of the ride, they do a cool trick where the platform starts to slant while the room around you moves at the exact same direction and pace as the platform that’s tilting. This gives a very disorienting sensation as you can feel the motion, but you see no motion going on around you. Not to mention the platform also sways in the opposite direction of the spinning room, in the direction of, etc. It’s a lot more fun that it looks, trust me!

Why none of the major parks out here have yet to adapt the ride system, especially with the digital effects that are available, is beyond me. You can have so many digital mapping and lighting effects going on to make an all-around awesome experience. It’s perfect for families, it’s slightly thrilling, it’s takes up so little space, and like 99% of the guests at the parks out here have yet to go on a Madhouse.

Yeah watching videos doesn’t do it justice compared to being in person. The platform you sit on and the entire room surrounding you are on two different axis. The platform you sit on swings to and fro while the room around you can spin 360 in any direction.

On Hex, at the beginning of the ride, they do a cool trick where the platform starts to slant while the room around you moves at the exact same direction and pace as the platform that’s tilting. This gives a very disorienting sensation as you can feel the motion, but you see no motion going on around you. Not to mention the platform also sways in the opposite direction of the spinning room, in the direction of, etc. It’s a lot more fun that it looks, trust me!

Why none of the major parks out here have yet to adapt the ride system, especially with the digital effects that are available, is beyond me. You can have so many digital mapping and lighting effects going on to make an all-around awesome experience. It’s perfect for families, it’s slightly thrilling, it’s takes up so little space, and like 99% of the guests at the parks out here have yet to go on a Madhouse.

Thanks, I’ve seen POVs of Hex, Villa Volta, and a few others but it’s hard to really even understand what is happening. It’s nice to know the effect really works in person! The fact that two Six Flags parks have this attraction also proves a regional park like Knott’s, in a larger more profitable market like So Cal, could very well afford this addition. And it would give another attraction for the in between audience who are above camp snoopy, but not quite to ghost rider and silver bullet yet, as well as guests who don’t ride roller coasters.

So, regarding that headstone, I wonder why R.R. Tycoon is there, rather than just the R.R. Crossing... that’s what’s got me confused, like they’re hinting at some new character. I know they had townspeople and a mayor and all that jazz for ghost town alive, but having a headstone to tease something like that seems odd.

I agree that vids don't do it justice. As already mentioned, one of it's greatest effects is when the both the seats and room are tilting, but the tilting of the room synchronizes with the tilting of the seats, so it appears as if absolutely nothing is happening, you feel a seemingly inexplicable force on your body. It totally caught me by the surprise the first time I experienced it.

Vids also can't really capture the true 360 view that dominates you. Also, even after you know all the tricks, it's just as much for to watch and listen to everyone around you freaking out. :) Also, it'll make you pretty nostalgic for the spinning tunnel that used to end the Tram Tour at Universal. It's the same idea, but on a larger scale.

I personally feel the SFGrAdv is better than the SFNE version, because 1) the SFGrAdv version has it's own full house/grounds, and gate... it really just looks like you're entering a small mansion, and 2) the effects are better maintained. In SFNE, the ride is hidden inside a pretty non-descript facade, and many of the effects weren't working as well. It's similar to comparing the two different versions of Small World (Disney vs. WDW)... there's really not much comparison, even though they are very similar.

Seriously, everytime I've visited SFGrAdv, it's the ride I go on the most. Even the pre-show is pretty decent, even more so for a SF park. I would nearly argue it's the best dark ride SF has (if you consider it a dark ride... kinda tows the line there).

Saw some video's of the New Knotts events...they are just the best at these.

Besides the great food they have decorations everywhere that look great and Re did camp Snoopy again for Easter...just Disney would not do this and will not do much extra for there tasting event.

Saw some video's of the New Knotts events...they are just the best at these.

Besides the great food they have decorations everywhere that look great and Re did camp Snoopy again for Easter...just Disney would not do this and will not do much extra for there tasting event.

Knott's has set the bar for these food festivals hands down. DLR could have been crushing it doing similar events last year. Alas..

Knott's has set the bar for these food festivals hands down. DLR could have been crushing it doing similar events last year. Alas..
I would have paid...sooooo much money for a Mando event. But it felt like Disney just didn't want to or really thought it was going to be over sooner

I would have paid...sooooo much money for a Mando event. But it felt like Disney just didn't want to or really thought it was going to be over sooner

I think it was more Disney wanting to play the game their way which they are more than used to doing especially here in Anaheim. I am sure that in the next year to year in a half we will start seeing those types of events happen again. First they need to get an entertainment department back.

I think it was more Disney wanting to play the game their way which they are more than used to doing especially here in Anaheim. I am sure that in the next year to year in a half we will start seeing those types of events happen again. First they need to get an entertainment department back.

Where hubris is normal, you begin to think that you are truly the smartest person/company in the room. You don't listen to the warning signs and you proceed as if you can direct what consumers want. The problem is that you cannot control what consumers think and you can actually be bypassed by more agile companies.

Running from now through April, The Taste of Boysenberry Festival includes a 5-voucher (or 3 for the kiddos) pass for a myriad of food options around the park.

Ey that's awesome! Do we know if they're having any COVID guidelines or restrictions?