Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Legacy Store

It would be amazing if there could be a way for Universal to put together a small merchandise line exclusive to this store, following in the footsteps of the 30th Anniversary stuff from last year.

"The Universal Legacy Collection." Mini ride vehicle replicas (they're almost teasing us with this already, given the vehicle models), more pins & shirts, reproductions of the old postcard sets from the 1990s, etc.

And how about a coffee table book filled with concept art and behind-the-scenes photos from USF's (and IOA's) planning and construction days? I know there has to be a bunch of that stuff that has never been seen publicly before.

Looks like my article is already outdated. :lol:

Definitely more on the way overnight by tomorrow too. They still have some empty cases in the middle. (Not all of them are plexiglass for registers.)

One thing I love is they changed the music loop from IOA BG tracks to attraction scores, queue loop segments and other fun stuff from 90s attractions. Lots of Jaws queue loops, actual score arrangement for the Back to the Future ride and so on. I think it might be the first time they’ve changed the loop in that store since IOA opened (other than holiday music).

My guess is this store remains for park merchandise while the new USS is for Universal properties and movies (Illumination, Dreamworks, Monsters, etc).
They’ve already added merchandise from closed rides that they didn’t offer here before, like Back to the Future. So sort of across from the Studios Store and Film Vault currently.

One thing I love is they changed the music loop from IOA BG tracks to attraction scores, queue loop segments and other fun stuff from 90s attractions. Lots of Jaws queue loops, actual score arrangement for the Back to the Future ride and so on. I think it might be the first time they’ve changed the loop in that store since IOA opened (other than holiday music).
Saturday, in the park, I think it was the Fourth of July...

Definitely more on the way overnight by tomorrow too. They still have some empty cases in the middle. (Not all of them are plexiglass for registers.)

They’ve already added merchandise from closed rides that they didn’t offer here before, like Back to the Future. So sort of across from the Studios Store and Film Vault currently.
Never Heard The BTTF Breakdown Speil, can’t wait to make my purchase decisions with doc screaming!

Is the store officially selling things? Are you allowed inside? Or is it just a museum right now?
It’s still a store. So far most of it is the same merchandise as before, starting to focus more on attractions over movies though.

None of the old props on display are for sale. Just for show.

So, it is both a store AND a museum!

Looking forward to seeing what more will be "in store" for this. I wonder if this is something permanent or just a place holder until they decide to pull the trigger on the next project for that site, which was supposed to be a beer garden last I heard.

My guess is this store remains for park merchandise while the new USS is for Universal properties and movies (Illumination, Dreamworks, Monsters, etc).

I hope any new merchandise for old rides or non-park IPs has a Universal Orlando badge of some sort on it - nothing worse than a T-Shirt you can get at Hot Topics for $15 being sold for $35 at a themepark. HHN had some awesome Killer Klowns merchandise that had nothing HHN or Universal on it so I refused to buy it. If I'm paying marked up prices for something, it better have something unique and be a souvenir of my visit and not look like I bought it at a Spencers or FYE going out of business clearance sale.

I remember when the Universal fan community used to clown (not necessarily recently) on Disney for selling nostalgia merch and yet look at the response it’s getting. There’s always been an appetite for this kind of stuff and I’m glad Universal is taking full advantage of it now and they seem to really be going all out with this store with props and stuff, too.