What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

The old AP system is done. A new one is being implemented when they reopen.
At some point yes...but day one? No way the tickets will be hard to get as is.

Ap's will come back 2022 at the earliest and if the COVID strands get worst maybe not until later

At some point yes...but day one? No way the tickets will be hard to get as is.

Ap's will come back 2022 at the earliest and if the COVID strands get worst maybe not until later

I think it’ll happen sooner than some might think. From the sound of things, you need a reservation AND entry ticket to get in. As capacity increases, they may want to encourage repeat visits from locals.

Lots of interesting details emerging about reopening protocol. Pirates might not be able by to reopen due to its length. Haunted Mansion has a service hallway exit that might be used as the entrance. Also, capacity for DL seems to be around 10,000 and DCA 8,000 for when they reopen in April.

I think it’ll happen sooner than some might think. From the sound of things, you need a reservation AND entry ticket to get in. As capacity increases, they may want to encourage repeat visits from locals.

Lots of interesting details emerging about reopening protocol. Pirates might not be able by to reopen due to its length. Haunted Mansion has a service hallway exit that might be used as the entrance. Also, capacity for DL seems to be around 10,000 and DCA 8,000 for when they reopen in April.
I would think the older tickets adds another why we can't have APs until 22.

All old tickets will be usable until next year making them the most important and you have to have open dates for those...APS will just suck the system try and leave nothing for anyone else. So my guess is post 22 and once again maybe later IF strands get worst....I would not forget DLR has been the most to listen to the government and do what they want so don't think they will jump the guns with APs until they are 100% sure they won't have to cancel or limit them again.

I would think the older tickets adds another why we can't have APs until 22.

All old tickets will be usable until next year making them the most important and you have to have open dates for those...APS will just suck the system try and leave nothing for anyone else. So my guess is post 22 and once again maybe later IF strands get worst....I would not forget DLR has been the most to listen to the government and do what they want so don't think they will jump the guns with APs until they are 100% sure they won't have to cancel or limit them again.

Good point. Forgot all about those roll over park passes.

I have a feeling Disneyland won’t see an AP program until park operations are normal again.

I think we'll get an announcement for what they are doing at some point this year, with the program starting in 2022. I got another survey email today, so I'd guess they are probably still actively working on it.

I think we'll get an announcement for what they are doing at some point this year, with the program starting in 2022. I got another survey email today, so I'd guess they are probably still actively working on it.
While I hope its True.

From the news...I'm not too hopefully for 2022. I would love to be wrong but think COVID Strands will keep at least parks in CA from opening at 100% and bet Disney is watching this as well and will not make a move until they think they wont get shut down/capacity lowered.

Keep in mind, with the reservation system for APs, they can easily cap how many APs are allowed in just like they did before. They may only allow 30% of the attendance for the day be APs and if the park isn't sold out, maybe open it back up on the day of for APs looking for last minute reservations (again, something they did on the previous AP reservation system).

Granted, this comes with the thought, "what would make that worth it for those buying a pass if they can't even go the first half a year they have a pass?" Again, my guess is it could just activate the day you first use it, the restriction of how many can buy an AP while opening that number up wider as months go on, and with limited amount of reservations, eventually everyone will get a turn if they're hard pressed to get one.

I personally wouldn't be too mad if it worked like, "every week, we are selling a limited amount of APs." 10,000 or however many a week. If it's 18K in the parks per day, with 30%/6K of those being able to be reserved, that's 12K regular ticket holders being let in which isn't too bad IMO. If the amount of AP numbers being bought is staggered, within a month everyone who first went will have had a decent shot to get a reservation and hopefully within 2-3 months, restrictions will have loosened up way more and obviously adding a higher percentage of people in the park.

Within 10 weeks of limited AP buyrates, you have 100,000 APs. And hopefully by that point, you'll now have a higher capacity limit. If capacity gets limited to a rise of cases, AP buyrates could slow down with the ability to pause your pass for a limited amount of months (think AMC A-List).

It can be done. Just a bit tricky. I don't know the exact logistics or legalities of them being able to do that, but it SOUNDS doable.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, with the reservation system for APs, they can easily cap how many APs are allowed in just like they did before. They may only allow 30% of the attendance for the day be APs and if the park isn't sold out, maybe open it back up on the day of for APs looking for last minute reservations (again, something they did on the previous AP reservation system).

Granted, this comes with the thought, "what would make that worth it for those buying a pass if they can't even go the first half a year they have a pass?" Again, my guess is it could just activate the day you first use it, the restriction of how many can buy an AP while opening that number up wider as months go on, and with limited amount of reservations, eventually everyone will get a turn if they're hard pressed to get one.

I personally wouldn't be too mad if it worked like, "every week, we are selling a limited amount of APs." 10,000 or however many a week. If it's 18K in the parks per day, with 30%/6K of those being able to be reserved, that's 12K regular ticket holders being let in which isn't too bad IMO. If the amount of AP numbers being bought is staggered, within a month everyone who first went will have had a decent shot to get a reservation and hopefully within 2-3 months, restrictions will have loosened up way more and obviously adding a higher percentage of people in the park.

Within 10 weeks of limited AP buyrates, you have 100,000 APs. And hopefully by that point, you'll now have a higher capacity limit. If capacity gets limited to a rise of cases, AP buyrates could slow down with the ability to pause your pass for a limited amount of months (think AMC A-List).

It can be done. Just a bit tricky. I don't know the exact logistics or legalities of them being able to do that, but it SOUNDS doable.
I'll bet a Coke Ap's don't come back anytime soon. Disney for sure doesn't need them in the next year or two to make profits. People from CA will be dying to get in then from other states and then out of the country.
Disney I'm sure will take its time and find out the best way to get APs back, while making the most money and letting them in less...which im very fine with.

I'll bet a Coke Ap's don't come back anytime soon. Disney for sure doesn't need them in the next year or two to make profits. People from CA will be dying to get in then from other states and then out of the country.
Disney I'm sure will take its time and find out the best way to get APs back, while making the most money and letting them in less...which im very fine with.
While I agree the first month or two will be rushed by people dying to get back into the parks even at $200 a ticket, that frenzy will wear off. Those same people won't be going multiple times. Keep in mind, only locals will be allowed into the parks and Disney thrived on tourism. And a huge number of the locals will be former APs and again, many many many will buy tix for those first two months, but an even bigger portion will wait until APs return. And while capacity will get bigger and restrictions will loosen for out of state tourists, the parks won't necessarily fill up. Many folks won't take their kids because they will still be at risk without a vaccine for them, so a huge part of their demographic will be left out. At some point, Disney will need the APs to fill up the parks as much as they can again if the situation without APs and no outside tourists last longer. While it might not be right away for APs to return, I don't think it'll be as late as 2022 either.

This also highly depends on competiton. If competitor parks have cheaper APs, like they already do, and their customers are enjoying the day running amok without much restriction of when they can go, like they probably won't, then eventually there will be high demand for it to return with protest and waiting it out for APs to return. Those same customers may get bored and head off to another theme park and spend their Disney dollars there instead. It's not the biggest of their worries, but I am sure it is something they are considering how to mitigate what other parks are doing without losing too much good will. Disney can try to have more "festivals" with rides open, like a Halloween event and a new Christmas event to get them through to 2022 without worrying about APs (and even if they do have APs, I suspect they'll try that out this year anyway just for the revenue bump). But fans will be weary of that success because it may mean APs won't return at all. Communities will figure this out, gather, and rebel if it means APs aren't in the near future. It all depends on whatever they announce, and I'm sure that will be soon, probably March 30th a month away from opening. It'll be much easier to look at the grander picture then.

My best guess is if APs don't return in very limited form from the beginning, they will be back by October 1st to start their fiscal year off with a bang.

Looking like that 15% capacity cap was a nice dream. Orange and LA counties heading toward Orange tier by next week, meaning 25% capacity.

Looking like that 15% capacity cap was a nice dream. Orange and LA counties heading toward Orange tier by next week, meaning 25% capacity.
Bold prediction: May is probably when California will be fully open. Don't want to turn this into another Covid/vaccine thread, but I think the "free-for-all" date of May 1st of the vaccine should help boost things further. Glad I got to enjoy the Orlando parks with limited capacity while I could.

Bold prediction: May is probably when California will be fully open. Don't want to turn this into another Covid/vaccine thread, but I think the "free-for-all" date of May 1st of the vaccine should help boost things further. Glad I got to enjoy the Orlando parks with limited capacity while I could.

I definitely think by Memorial Day, the state will primarily be in the orange tier, no recessions back down. Should be helpful for the sake of Disney on capacity measures; even if Orange County seemingly will already be in Orange by the next two weeks.

I agree on staying away from more COVID/vaccine threads but I'll say this: just because it's open availability does not mean there will be capacity for everyone on day 1.

I agree on staying away from more COVID/vaccine threads but I'll say this: just because it's open availability does not mean there will be capacity for everyone on day 1.
I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with anywhere being completely open until later into the summer. Cases have been pretty stable for the past few months, but maybe that will change as more age-groups get vaccinated.

EDIT: Although looking at California alone, cases do seem to have fallen quite sharply.