Disneyland Resort | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because of Walt's vision to never serve alcohol in the parks. Honestly, as much as I appreciate keeping the integrity of Disneyland... this is a great move.

Considering alcohol has been served a plenty at every other Disney park (including right across the esplanade from DL), and there's really been no issues from it, not serving it in DL has always felt like a non-existent threat. Not to mention Club 33 has been doing it for decades, so the park has never been truly dry. Add in Oga's Cantina and yeah, there's places in DL which I wouldn't mind having a drink, and honestly Blue Bayou is one of them!

Reactions: chris.g
Because of Walt's vision to never serve alcohol in the parks. Honestly, as much as I appreciate keeping the integrity of Disneyland... this is a great move.
Walt was a great man but grew up nearly 100 years ago and did in my eyes way worst things to people than drinking (and yes the man would invite people to drink and smoke with him in 33)
So to me thats no an excuse the man is dead and would not have bought star wars or Marvel either...but here we are this is the world we live in not some world were dead people get to tell us what to do....and also do it anyway in the parks but think others should not have the option.

This bodes well that it won't sell out as fast as Touch of Disney (plus the fact it's two parks, one which is exponentially bigger than DCA). Going from the 15% to 35% is a pretty huge margin. I'm sure there's been days we've all gone at only 25-35%. That's like 40-45ishK people per day in both parks; about 6 times as many people allowed into Touch of Disney in a day -- plus with longer operating hours. So at that rate, I'd be shocked if more than the first week or so sells out within that first day tix go on sale, especially with people holding out for a new AP if it's not included in the initial offerings (like myself). I imagine it should be pretty easy to get tix for May 10th to mid-June before school lets out. At that point, capacity might rise and other states/international visitors will be welcome, and it may be an all out battle royale to get tix until mid-January 2022 considering the build up of antici......pation. Maybe a down period randomly in beginning of September.

15% was estimated to be 10,000 people for DL and 8,000 for DCA. So, we’re talking around 24,000 and 18,700 at 35%. I went in 2019 the week SW:GE opened and attendance must have been around that. Under normal operations, it was heavenly.

15% was estimated to be 10,000 people for DL and 8,000 for DCA. So, we’re talking around 24,000 and 18,700 at 35%. I went in 2019 the week SW:GE opened and attendance must have been around that. Under normal operations, it was heavenly.

Remember that 10k would include staff too. I think Disnyeland will open at 15%, once that's shown to "work" they'll move to 25% then 35%.

Reactions: Clive
Remember that 10k would include staff too. I think Disnyeland will open at 15%, once that's shown to "work" they'll move to 25% then 35%.

As someone who can only attend on a weekend for the foreseeable future, I like the way that sounds!

With this revealing news, I really wonder if Disney will continue to delay the opening of Avengers Campus until everything is back to normal. Obviously, it's not going to happen any time soon since this country just started getting vaccinated and the new variants continue to infect people for quite a while. Maybe it will open this summer while only limiting it to California residents.

With this revealing news, I really wonder if Disney will continue to delay the opening of Avengers Campus until everything is back to normal. Obviously, it's not going to happen any time soon since this country just started getting vaccinated and the new variants continue to infect people for quite a while. Maybe it will open this summer while only limiting it to California residents.
They said it would open in the summer and By August anyone who wants the Vaccine will have it so should be able to be at 75% or more by then

I think they will definitely want to wait until the capacity is a little better. Not sure if that will be summer or fall yet. They are smart to not mention a date right now as to not add any extra demand to the already poor ticketing system they have in place.

Wow wasn’t expecting that.

To go into specifics, thanks to this site (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ex...-tickets/?CMP=ILC-DPFY21Q3wo0401210407210020C)

1617734169678.png

Attractions open for DLR:

DCA
  • Games of Pixar Pier
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
  • Jessie's Critter Carousel
  • Jumpin’ Jellyfish
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Silly Symphony Swings
  • Soarin’ Around the World
  • Surprise Character Sightings
  • The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
  • Turtle Talk with Crush
DL
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Autopia
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Gadget’s Go Coaster
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones™ Adventure
  • "it’s a small world"
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - will utilize virtual queue, more details to come
  • Surprise Character Sightings
  • Tarzan’s Treehouse™
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn will be closed, and Rise of The Resistance (!!!) will be open.