Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurassic World made the franchise of Jurassic Park more popular again or least helped keep its longevity and relevancy. But make no mistake Jurassic Park is a more popular film. And it will be more a popular film than JW 10 years from now, 20 years from now and so forth

On IMDB 10 Years ago, Jurassic Park was NOT in the top 250. Now it is 164. Its popularity is growing.

Jurassic Park and World are still the same Franchise and the 6th/3rd film is blurring the 2 different franchise lines together. Jurassic Park is the first film in the series and it will always be more popular. This is just IMDB so take it as you will, I know its just one site but...

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.50.36 PM.png
Jurassic World ^

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 2.11.16 PM.png
Jurassic Park ^

It honestly gets worse for Jurassic World over the last 3-5 years compared to Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park is one of the most consistent performing movies ever on IMDB's popularity chart. Its only dipped below 500 Two months since 1999 when the chart was created.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.45.26 PM.png

Idk about you guys but I've maybe seen 3 Jurassic World shirts being worn in my life just walking around the city. But I've seen maybe 10,000 Jurassic Park shirts lol

With that said, I definitely think you guys will get Jurassic World River Adventure in 2023

Edit: I bet Jurassic World sells a HECK of a lot more backpacks though hahah

Last edited:
Jurassic World made the franchise of Jurassic Park more popular again or least helped keep its longevity and relevancy. But make no mistake Jurassic Park is a more popular film. And it will be more a popular film than JW 10 years from now, 20 years from now and so forth

On IMDB 10 Years ago, Jurassic Park was NOT in the top 250. Now it is 164. Its popularity is growing.

Jurassic Park and World are still the same Franchise and the 6th/3rd film is blurring the 2 different franchise lines together. Jurassic Park is the first film in the series and it will always be more popular. This is just IMDB so take it as you will, I know its just one site but...

View attachment 14335
Jurassic World ^

View attachment 14339
Jurassic Park ^

It honestly gets worse for Jurassic World over the last 3-5 years compared to Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park is one of the most consistent performing movies ever on IMDB's popularity chart. Its only dipped below 500 Two months since 1999 when the chart was created.

View attachment 14337

Idk about you guys but I've maybe seen 3 Jurassic World shirts being worn in my life just walking around the city. But I've seen maybe 10,000 Jurassic Park shirts lol

With that said, I definitely think you guys will get Jurassic World River Adventure in 2023

Edit: I bet Jurassic World sells a HECK of a lot more backpacks though hahah
I get that JP is popular and it's one of my favorite films of all time

Also, IOA 1.0 is my "Magic Kingdom" in terms of it being tough to say goodbye to things

However, I would argue that replacing "Park" with "World" would ignite new interest in the area and pay dividends to Universal

JP will always be a better film and an iconic franchise (I would actually argue there was only one good "Park" film, but that's for another topic)

I get that JP is popular and it's one of my favorite films of all time

Also, IOA 1.0 is my "Magic Kingdom" in terms of it being tough to say goodbye to things

However, I would argue that replacing "Park" with "World" would ignite new interest in the area and pay dividends to Universal

JP will always be a better film and an iconic franchise (I would actually argue there was only one good "Park" film, but that's for another topic)
My view on this is by the time they have the budget and project bandwith to actually retheme the ride and the land to a full extent, it's not going to feel like a pressing issue. Not when Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon Theater are out there aging poorer and poorer

My view on this is by the time they have the budget and project bandwith to actually retheme the ride and the land to a full extent, it's not going to feel like a pressing issue. Not when Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon Theater are out there aging poorer and poorer
Yes, I would much rather see LC be replaced and TL theater utilized

JP to JW just seems like an easier change over...minus JPRA, which would be the major change over

Yes, I would much rather see LC be replaced and TL theater utilized

JP to JW just seems like an easier change over...minus JPRA, which would be the major change over
The way I look at is is a cost analysis perspective.

Is changing JPRA to JWRA and changing all the signs in the land to JW going to drive merch sales and excitement? Ehhhh probably not.

Is replacing LC with Zelda or Toon Lagoon theater with an Iron Man ride (just examples do not read into these) going to increase merch sales and excitement? Almost certainly.

But we'll see.

Is changing JPRA to JWRA and changing all the signs in the land to JW going to drive merch sales and excitement? Ehhhh probably not.

Is replacing LC with Zelda or Toon Lagoon theater with an Iron Man ride (just examples do not read into these) going to increase merch sales and excitement? Almost certainly.

But we'll see.
That's very true, I'm also sitting here gawking at Universal Beijing again lol

Don't forget having both JP and JW in the park means twice the merch

It's always nice when nostalgia is the more profitable option.

I look at JP at Islands as effectively like Marvel, Toon and Seuss--not as a single franchise like WW, but multiple ones relating to the same genre or author.

But we'll see.

If UOR could advertise a brand new attraction (Jurassic World River Adventure) for the price of a few sign changes, some paint, and maybe a new dinosaur, they’d choose that over advertising another property (which, chances are, makes less money) for the cost of a whole brand new ride.

I think you’re probably right though in that by the time they get the resources to do it, people probably won’t care anymore (guests or penny-pushers).

Edit: Yes I meant pencil pushers...yes I got accountants confused for an arcade game :lol:

Last edited:
If UOR could advertise a brand new attraction (Jurassic World River Adventure) for the price of a few sign changes, some paint, and maybe a new dinosaur, they’d choose that over advertising another property (which, chances are, makes less money) for the cost of a whole brand new ride.
Eh. I think that kind of strategy works for USH, but a rebranded ride just doesn’t draw the same in Orlando. Remember when Disney set up extended queues through half of DHS for the new Star Tours on opening day and then no one showed up? I’d imagine the same kind of response to a rebranded JPRA

Status
Not open for further replies.