Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.4%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 62.6%

• Total voters
I like the idea of theming it to Jurassic World, with the ‘detour’ taking us through an abandoned and overgrown Jurassic Park facility. That gives the aesthetic out front a unified look while still paying tribute to the older movies.
This is easily the best idea. Best of both worlds all around

It’s a smarter business decision if they do. Many 40 year olds or young people who like the feel of the older movies will be more inclined to buy a JP shirt than a JW shirt. These people make up a larger percent of park goers than people would think. If they only have JW, they’ll only sell merchandise that caters to one group, but if the keep some JP presence, they can capitalize off of the current freshness of Jurassic World while also capitalizing off of the lasting and iconic JP. They can double dip from both crowds if they keep it 50/50
Or just have a Back in Time gift shop in the new JW that sells “vintage” JP merch

The problem I see is if they get money to upgrade this ride it'll come with strings attached about updating it to fit the new movies/promote them. So I'm hoping for smaller enhancements like Mummy has been receiving.
If they fix/add something small each refurb, the JP theme’s more likely to stay. You’re right though, if they take the time to close it down for an extended refurb and fix everything at once, it’ll reopen with JW slapped on the front

The problem I see is if they get money to upgrade this ride it'll come with strings attached about updating it to fit the new movies/promote them. So I'm hoping for smaller enhancements like Mummy has been receiving.

To say the contrary on the subject of cross promotion, Universal Hollywood's had no real elements of promotion for Fallen Kingdom, right? And as it seems, Beijing's JW is completely seemingly set during JW1 and not during Fallen Kingdom.

The only element of cross-promotion, might revolve on any potential rethemeing of the Camp Jurassic to allude towards Camp Cretaceous; IMO.

As far as the finale, I see T-Rex Kingdom coming to Orlando. I don't see any past references to JP outside of allusions in name.

I almost wonder if would feel like a new ride if they just

replaced the Ultrasaur scene, replaced signage, and added the I-Rex to the top of the drop to battle with the T-Rex

If we get the upgrade, I don’t want the mosasaurus. I think the hype around the beast is weird and that the scene in Hollywood sticks out like a sore thumb since the only screen dinosaur in the whole ride.

Instead, I want an aviary. Have the boat go through a low, caged tunnel lined with thick trees. Above, forced-perspective pteranodons swoop around the top of the (practical) cage. Suddenly, a full-scale pteranodon crashes out of the trees onto the cage right above you. It ties into both Park and World, is entirely practical, and gives Orlando an incredibly unique, scary moment.

If we get the upgrade, I don’t want the mosasaurus. I think the hype around the beast is weird and that the scene in Hollywood sticks out like a sore thumb since the only screen dinosaur in the whole ride.

Instead, I want an aviary. Have the boat go through a low, caged tunnel lined with thick trees. Above, forced-perspective pteranodons swoop around the top of the (practical) cage. Suddenly, a full-scale pteranodon crashes out of the trees onto the cage right above you. It ties into both Park and World, is entirely practical, and gives Orlando an incredibly unique, scary moment.
And here I was trying to figure out how Universal could do something as cheap as possible

And here I was trying to figure out how Universal could do something as cheap as possible
The remarkable thing is that it would be cheap. Considering it doesn’t require a full enclosure of the river and only needs a couple of static swoopers and one simple animatronic on an arm, it could be cheaper than the mosasaurus tunnel.

Guess we think the same. I really do think the aviary would be such a great idea! I added some pictures on my post from Jurassic park 3. Plus it would be cool to ride under a cage tunnel

If they go the JW route, things could ‘go wrong’ inside the aviary. The first half of it could be peaceful and scenic, but as you near the exit, alarms start blaring and the narration cuts out and you’re told that there’s been a containment breach. As you turn the corner where the parasur is currently, you see a massive hole broken into the side of the aviary with a trail of destruction around. This would be where you get the pteranodon attack, as it would make sense for them to be extra aggressive after the alarms go off. This would then lead directly into the cove. The setup could be similar to Hollywood, but the shape of Orlando’s would probably require the alteration of some walls to fit the iRex paddock. Make this area more lively compared to Hollywood, with compys, move to dilos here, and maybe even add a falling gyrosphere before trex kingdom. Instead of the indoor dilos like Hollywood, add the other two raptors. The biggest complaint about JW is that the raptors are the good guys, so rework the story so that the iRex already turned the raptors against humans before you arrived so they’ll try to attack the boat, adding more of a scare. It would be cool if blue tries to attack before being ‘distracted’ by the arrival of the full body iRex

They could lift some of the parts of the actual Jurassic Park novel that never made it into the movie but were frightening. I get that the raptors helped at the end. However, the raptors were bad guys throughout much of JW. I'm not sure that "Blue" was so much a hero as much as just not liking the Indominus. To even use the term "ally" would be a bit strong. Again, don't turn your back on the fence.

Edit. One additional thought. If the raptors are heroes, the T-Rex would be as well. In fact, the T-Rex was the hero in Jurassic Park at the end of the movie. In JW, the T-Rex was just following Claire to the fight with the Indominus, as it could clearly have chomped her (she was running in heels against a creature that could go 40 mph).

Does anyone have any pictures or video of the post-refurb ultrasaur? There don’t seem to be any online. If it looks drastically better that’s a good sign that this scene will be sticking around for the long haul

I think they should keep as is and if anything, find ways to upgrade it. Maybe a new TRex AA. Not that there’s anything wrong with the current one, but we’ve seen how AAs have evolved into something even more impressive (Kong).

The Velocicoaster will give the JW aesthetic while River Adventure keeps the original. JP is a pretty big property that will bring in money no matter what.

I think they should keep as is and if anything, find ways to upgrade it. Maybe a new TRex AA. Not that there’s anything wrong with the current one, but we’ve seen how AAs have evolved into something even more impressive (Kong).

The Velocicoaster will give the JW aesthetic while River Adventure keeps the original. JP is a pretty big property that will bring in money no matter what.

If I recall correctly, doesn't Crichton get the JP rights back by 2025? Hence why there's been a shift more towards Jurassic World as opposed to Jurassic Park.

The new Indo just made its big debut in Cali.. holy crap is that thing good. Reception’s great and now that we’re seeing the quality and appreciation of the final product, do we think it’s more likely to come to Orlando?

Reactions: mainejeff
I would be sad to see the JP theme go as well in favor of Jurassic World (which I honestly are pretty terrible films). But I would understand it. As long as they still have that John Williams music pumping through.