Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

I think people are also confused in thinking that the two were meant to be on equal footing. Yoshi is a C-ticket sightseeing ride ala TTA, Pets is a D-ticket ala Little Mermaid.
Yes, the comparison game always takes place once the next thing opens

Example: people comparing MK and Rise....the biggest of head scratching comparisons

The best effect on this ride that I can spot (imo) is when Mario is driving in a painting of Music Park and paraglides out of the frame onto the AR. Such a simple trick in theory but man does it look great. Hopefully more effects like that (along with Toad getting squashed and the fire balls from the Plants) we're implemented into ride. They reeeeeeaaaaaaallly need to make a haunted house style attraction with this tech. I don't think it makes sense for Mario Kart but man would it work well in an atmosphere heavy attraction.

Last edited:
I think people are also confused in thinking that the two were meant to be on equal footing. Yoshi is a C-ticket sightseeing ride ala TTA, Pets is a D-ticket ala Little Mermaid.
I also want to point out if Yoshi got the same budget as SLOP sure it would be just as good

Yoshi is literally 70% riding around Nintendoland...the inside part is really well done and the AA's look great and right out of the video games

According to this tweet, a car rear-ended another one yesterday at MK load. Don’t know this account so take it with grain of salt. The way he worded it makes it sound like this isn’t the first time this has happened.

According to this tweet, a car rear-ended another one yesterday at MK load. Don’t know this account so take it with grain of salt. The way he worded it makes it sound like this isn’t the first time this has happened.
This is the only footage of the incident they have

Disclaimer I actually like Mario Kart and think it's wonderful...but couldn't resist.

This ride looks like a slightly better version of buzz lightyear. Pretty DISAPPOINTING how slow it is.
Besides the fact its a game ride they have nothing in common

MK is an E ticket, the line and ride are amazing. I get people are not a fan of the speed but my god SLOP is slow but omg we all love it. MK is slow and its the end of the world

Besides the speed someone name to my why the ride is so bad. It doesn't over use screens, works as a ride with or without the VR, is mainly physical sets, has an amazing Q and soundtrack. I'm just not getting the hard for the ride, comparing it to Buzz is suchhhhh an insult Buzz is a lazt cheap ride...with in no way what MK is.

i mean you have a car racing game turned into a slow dark ride. The focus on vr and game play will age the ride pretty quick. This will turn out to be one of the biggest misses in a few years.

MK is an E ticket, the line and ride are amazing. I get people are not a fan of the speed but my god SLOP is slow but omg we all love it. MK is slow and its the end of the world

Besides the speed someone name to my why the ride is so bad. It doesn't over use screens, works as a ride with or without the VR, is mainly physical sets, has an amazing Q and soundtrack. I'm just not getting the hard for the ride, comparing it to Buzz is suchhhhh an insult Buzz is a lazt cheap ride...with in no way what MK is.

Its MARIO KART, XD

Can this thing just open stateside already? Certainly to audiences here the combo of being in Japan + using something that doesn't translate well to POV + pandemic hasn't helped matters. I think there's a good chance that plenty of the naysayers will like it when they actually ride it. However, if every opinion stays the same upon riding it, then I don't think you'll be able to shrug it off as just the "online fan community." So, a moment of truth.

Last edited:
It was designed to avoid the potential motion sickness and inaccessibility that certain simulated attractions can have. Universal made properly addressed the issue of Mario Kart being a game that is playable and accessible to all ages by doubling down on the chaotic and highly interactive game aspects. While at the same time, saving the "high simulation" moment for the very end and having a good sized ride length compared to a much faster attraction.

And some hate those decisions.

Which is a shame because it's an exciting "return to form" for Universal, while taking all the lessons they've learned about projection integration over the last decade.

Mario Kart is super charming to me, there are a few things I would change, of course. Overall though, I think it achieves a goal for Universal that's incredibly important for them to chase after for the next few years: Highly practical, family dark rides

Also, they're literally opening a roller coaster in the land in like two years lol

Despite the negative feedback from the forums, it appears NBCUniversal is very very proud and happy with Nintendo and consider the attractions they built the greatest they ever done. Jeff Shell singing this lands praise.
I'm not saying that they aren't great or the land isn't awesome, but this is a shareholder call. The whole point is to keep people happy and make them feel like every part of the company is doing good so that they are leaving a positive outlook so that the stock price goes up.

It was designed to avoid the potential motion sickness and inaccessibility that certain simulated attractions can have. Universal made properly addressed the issue of Mario Kart being a game that is playable and accessible to all ages by doubling down on the chaotic and highly interactive game aspects. While at the same time, saving the "high simulation" moment for the very end and having a good sized ride length compared to a much faster attraction.

And some hate those decisions.

Which is a shame because it's an exciting "return to form" for Universal, while taking all the lessons they've learned about projection integration over the last decade.

Mario Kart is super charming to me, there are a few things I would change, of course. Overall though, I think it achieves a goal for Universal that's incredibly important for them to chase after for the next few years: Highly practical, family dark rides

Also, they're literally opening a roller coaster in the land in like two years lol
As someone who loves Harry Potter ride but gets sick as a dog after them, I appreciate this.

Universal has a handful of rides that get you sick, glad this will not be one of them