Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
in the tram queue, assuming they use that for anything this year.
I'm leaning towards the Studio Tour queue being used for the Curious George parking garage maze.

Which maze do y’all think will be announced first? (Aka the headliner)
Let's not start the when/what announcement game. But most likely, it'd be Beetlejuice since it's already announced for Orlando. OR it'd be a shared announcement with Orlando for TCM.

This isn't a normal event year, so we could just get an initial event announcement & then a full lineup dump all at once later on

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Thinking about the line for the Curious George parking lot and how they'd somehow pull off a Terror Tram if they wanted to, is Tony Curtis Drive used for any big operations during the event? The line could easily have entry points starting behind Water World or between the Hello Kitty store and DreamWorks theatre. I'm even seeing a possible entry point towards the back of Wizarding World.

If there is no Terror Tram, I would wonder why they aren't just using the Us and Pandora locations. But if there is a Terror Tram, this would make sense as an alternate route as you could easily go up Tony Curtis and not interfere with the tram paths.

If there is no Terror Tram, I would wonder why they aren't just using the Us and Pandora locations
In regards to the Studio Tour Tram Garage location, I believe the reason it isn't being used as a maze location (for now) is they're currently trying get the electric trams in action & Purge the gas guzzlers.

is Tony Curtis Drive used for any big operations during the event? The line could easily have entry points starting behind Water World or between the Hello Kitty store and DreamWorks theatre.
There are many reasons why Tony Curtis Drive would be a "no go". The main reason being park operations & fire/safety emergency access. Also the entire area surrounding the Waterworld venue needs to be used for the Waterworld maze queue (unless they severely chopped the queue & utilized VQ). Having had to set up/tear down the maze queue for HHN at Waterworld was an interesting challenge.

Screenshot_20210420-134505_Maps.jpg

DreamWorks & Animation gate is a "no go" as well. This is how the Non-Potter park teammembers access backstage. Part of the Animation Studio Store is a massive break room used for daytime operations & also scareactors. The Waterworld break room is behind the building, also used for HHN. This gate is heavily used for scareactors going on/off set. Also next to Waterworld, you have the teammember food spot (Take 5). Across from Waterworld is wardrobe & Walter's Gate, with Tony Curtis Drive between.

Screenshot_20210420-135437_Maps.jpg

And here's a closer look at Tram Garage area & the Curious George parking area (excuse the white production tent used as a waiting area for audiences going to tapings on the backlot)
Screenshot_20210420-135544_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I was joking, but the early plans for 2020 did have a terror tram...and it’s best we don’t go any further, because the theme sucked (also i don't want Murdy breathing down my neck).
Still think it’s coming. Black Walls already showing lol

That’s a long walk from the studio tour queue to curious maze location. I guess if they spread out 6 mazes and make everyone walk forever then they won’t miss the other mazes. Put a maze in the old fast and furious car show.
Well, it’s not necessarily that simple. They would probably have to negotiate with the studio division to make that happen. Also, it would probably cost money to give minimum clearance for that space.

Besides, if they really wanted to add another house, that would be a ridiculously unnecessary walk when all they would have to do is add a second one to the Curious George lot.

Reactions: Wesker69
I think someone mentioned earlier that HHN can use the Terror Tram locations without paying extra like they would the Metro sets. I wonder if the old Whoville area would be available for a maze. Set up the tram to take people down to the Whoville maze and then have them do the old Terror Tram walk to come back up.

On a personal note, I would hate a Season of the Witch maze with an appearance by Michael Myers. The whole concept of the film was to move on from MM as a character by Carpenter and Debra Hill and I think adding him in would kind of be spitting in their face in that regard. (I’m a huge fan of the movie, so I may feel a lot more strongly than others on this topics.)

Reactions: deadbydawn
On a personal note, I would hate a Season of the Witch maze with an appearance by Michael Myers. The whole concept of the film was to move on from MM as a character by Carpenter and Debra Hill and I think adding him in would kind of be spitting in their face in that regard. (I’m a huge fan of the movie, so I may feel a lot more strongly than others on this topics.)

I believe the concept is supposed to be an original take on MM and SotW. Rather than the “book report” version of a SotW maze, we’re getting an original story where MM invades the warehouse.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Im going to be honest...i would enjoy a Shrek maze
USH COULD do what Singapore does during haunt season. They swap out the regular Shrek 4D attraction film for "Scared Shrekless", which is perfect theme park length of nearly 15mins.. it isn't 3D and probably only minimal in-theater effects

DreamWorks Theatre is supposed to be a flex space... so start flexing! lol

I believe the concept is supposed to be an original take on MM and SotW. Rather than the “book report” version of a SotW maze, we’re getting an original story where MM invades the warehouse.
Which is a good decision because a house without MM is not interesting to me.

Which is a good decision because a house without MM is not interesting to me.

My favorite MM houses have been the 2014 and 2016 Universal Orlando ones. Both extremely well done book report houses recreating the movies. Loved how perfect and true to the films they were.

I’m keeping an open mind (also slightly hoping I get cast as MM in this house), but I’ve always wanted a high quality recreation of SotW for HHN. I think MM should make a cameo, but if they’re going full “original twist on an IP,” that’ll probably be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: amar831