Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m keeping an open mind (also slightly hoping I get cast as MM in this house), but I’ve always wanted a high quality recreation of SotW for HHN. I think MM should make a cameo, but if they’re going the full “original twist in an IP,” that’ll probably be a lot of fun.
It really will come down to how they do it if it's a semi original with Michael in it. The Best maze Waterworld Queue has had was actually a IP Original and it was TCM 2016.

I feel as though a lot of the IP originals recently (Ex: Titans, Monsters, FMTW) have become very very Reuse heavy and about creating a new story that's interesting. Most of those mazes lose their story and points. So I'm hoping this maze (Again if its indeed Semi Original with Michael Myers) is more like Texas Chainsaw Blood Brothers.

It really will come down to how they do it if it's a semi original with Michael in it. The Best maze Waterworld Queue has had was actually a IP Original and it was TCM 2016.

I feel as though a lot of the IP originals recently (Ex: Titans, Monsters, FMTW) have become very very Reuse heavy and about creating a new story that's interesting. Most of those mazes lose their story and points. So I'm hoping this maze (Again if its indeed Semi Original with Michael Myers) is more like Texas Chainsaw Blood Brothers.
I’ve only been to HHNH once and it was in 2016. That TCM house is still one of the scariest/best I’ve experienced on either coast. So, if MM/SotW is anything like that, I’ll certainly be happy.

My favorite MM houses have been the 2014 and 2016 Universal Orlando ones. Both extremely well done book report houses recreating the movies. Loved how perfect and true to the films they were.

I’m keeping an open mind (also slightly hoping I get cast as MM in this house), but I’ve always wanted a high quality recreation of SotW for HHN. I think MM should make a cameo, but if they’re going full “original twist on an IP,” that’ll probably be a lot of fun.
I hope you get cast as well! Full on MM in SOTW is best for business

Reactions: JawsVictim
Idk if this is big big, but since it's HIGHLY unlikely we are gonna get a twitter password this year due to covid and all that (you gotta be near a character), Imma just spoil what maze it was gonna be, though it might be obvious to you guys.
Beetlejuice.

I believe the concept is supposed to be an original take on MM and SotW. Rather than the “book report” version of a SotW maze, we’re getting an original story where MM invades the warehouse.

Then it's just Michael Myers in a warehouse killing warlocks? I don't see how to meld it without completely throwing out everything about SotW other than the settings.

Then it's just Michael Myers in a warehouse killing warlocks? I don't see how to meld it without completely throwing out everything about SotW other than the settings.
I feel like 75% of the maze is Halloween 3 but the last 25% is where the original stuff comes in Michael shows up and does what he does best to all the warlocks inadvertently “saving the day” or something along those lines just a guess. It’d be cool to have the team put their creativity on display with new kills and stuff. I can already imagine a “scrim scare” in a hallway with black walls and the silver shamrock ad is playing and then Michael pops through the scrim

I really think it's going to just be environments from Halloween III with Michael Myers thrown in. There'll still be more of the masked kids than usual and probably some sort of mask or (if we're lucky) prosthetic effect for the gooey boy. Maybe we get a cool warlock based off the poster art for the finale?

I really think it's going to just be environments from Halloween III with Michael Myers thrown in. There'll still be more of the masked kids than usual and probably some sort of mask or (if we're lucky) prosthetic effect for the gooey boy. Maybe we get a cool warlock based off the poster art for the finale?
I’d like that idea. That feels original

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I believe the concept is supposed to be an original take on MM and SotW. Rather than the “book report” version of a SotW maze, we’re getting an original story where MM invades the warehouse.
I would actually be on board with that idea, even though I’m a bit tired of Michael Myers. I can imagine a scene that would be inspired a bit of H6 where Michael kills the cultists in the operating room.

If that's truly six mazes, then we now know our locations. Saw another vid saying they saw construction in SS28.
I am very content with only six, but I'd love a Terror Tram to go with it, if that's the case. I know we've talked a lot about it not happening, but maybe they've had a year (or two!) to really think about how to change it to make it work. I would even say it's possible to just switch the location to the area where we used to have mazes. Maybe we'll just walk it. Who knows.

If that's truly six mazes, then we now know our locations. Saw another vid saying they saw construction in SS28.
I am very content with only six, but I'd love a Terror Tram to go with it, if that's the case. I know we've talked a lot about it not happening, but maybe they've had a year (or two!) to really think about how to change it to make it work. I would even say it's possible to just switch the location to the area where we used to have mazes. Maybe we'll just walk it. Who knows.
If it was planned for 2020, then I believe TT is coming

So in this case, we'd be dealing with a load scenario not too far off from Us and Pandora's Box: allowing them to have both mazes enter and exit from the tram bridge, but instead of going directly behind the unload, they would have the queues go through a portion of the maintance parking space to then go up to the Cinema Service lot.

So that then makes--

Curious George A - Unknown
Curious George B - Unknown
Parisian Courtyard - All Hallow's Evil (via HNN Hollywood Spec Map 2020)
Waterworld - Halloween 3 (via construction photos and HNN Spec Map 2020)
TWDA
Mummy - Texas Chainsaw Massacre (via construction photos)
Soundstage 29 - Unknown

Excluding Beetlejuice and Monsters, that leaves us with an unknown. Unless, it's for an IP that I may not be recalling properly (I am curious about Haunting of in this case).

Reactions: Freak and Coolbfitz
- Bride of Frankenstein
- TCM
- Halloween III: SotW ft. Michael Myers
- Beetlejuice
- All Hallows' Eve

meh
It looks like a realistic lineup. Based on that, TCM would be my most anticipated just cause I’m a slasher fan.
So in this case, we'd be dealing with a load scenario not too far off from Us and Pandora's Box: allowing them to have both mazes enter and exit from the tram bridge, but instead of going directly behind the unload, they would have the queues go through a portion of the maintance parking space to then go up to the Cinema Service lot.

So that then makes--

Curious George A - Unknown
Curious George B - Unknown
Parisian Courtyard - All Hallow's Evil (via HNN Hollywood Spec Map 2020)
Waterworld - Halloween 3 (via construction photos and HNN Spec Map 2020)
TWDA
Mummy - Texas Chainsaw Massacre (via construction photos)
Soundstage 29 - Unknown

Excluding Beetlejuice and Monsters, that leaves us with an unknown. Unless, it's for an IP that I may not be recalling properly (I am curious about Haunting of in this case).
Does anything think Beetlejuice could be used in SS29 or more than likely HOHH?

On a side but related note, how do we think this is going to work logistically, specifically crowd management? To me, it's sounding like there's enough mazes to perhaps warrant a separately ticketed event... but we all know what the lines are like, and the notorious "conga" lines in the mazes. That's not really an option this year. Will there be distance markers in the mazes (and if so, will it even be possible to enforce them if some people are freaking out)? Will they really have to pulse in small crowds? That would be great, but it would also kill the wait times, which are already bad with conga lines.

Even if the mazes are open during the day and need a wristband (like SFMM FrightFest, as some have said may happen), it still likely means really long lines. I'm not clear how crowd management in the mazes will work.

Also, I suspect this means there wouldn't be any Frequent Fear Passes... right? Or no? Will nightly tickets be limited to keep crowds down? And if they did, would it even be profitable? I figure we could use last year's Orlando as a guide, but regulations are pretty different in California, so I wouldn't expect to be run exactly the same.