Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

As much as I want a cool coaster...i just don't care enough to use all that space

We have MM down the street with 30 coasters.....go to that if you want thrills. If they bought the golf course fine but they have not so to me we just do not have the space.

I think DK will be perfect mild thrills and even more theming than any other coaster. But thats just me

My sizing might be a little off, not sure it would need the whole Mummy Space, and the use of the hillside for the second half prevents the need to take more usable theme park space.

If this was just a coaster I'd agree with you re MM. But the theming is fantastic and IMO it would be a good addition to the USH lineup.

I'm all for DKC too, as it's more family friendly, and they have the space to do both, but I'd love this to come first, even with me loving the Mummy and never wanting it to leave.

But I thought they would built dk first next to nintendo cause to not lose a ride from it then move.on to remove mummy

No one knows that for sure. It's all just guesswork.

Plus USH has managed with only 2 rides on the LL so wouldnt be new for them.

An attraction like Velocicoaster will probably never be possible for USH. Don't mean to be that guy, but yeah. If it did, it would definitely be a very, very restrictive version which I'm sure people will complain about and regret having asked for in the first place.

An attraction like Velocicoaster will probably never be possible for USH. Don't mean to be that guy, but yeah. If it did, it would definitely be a very, very restrictive version which I'm sure people will complain about and regret having asked for in the first place.
That’s sad to hear, but I know their layout is very restrictive.

It’s funny though, the trend this year and last has been whatever opens on either coast, people want it on the opposite coast as well. Definitely a strong sign of UC’s capabilities. Let’s see if the JW dark ride in Beijing gives us that same feeling so this can fit there

I think if they had more space....sure but they really don't.

So just can't see much happening...maybe a themed coaster like Hargrids or the Raptor but very modified

I was about to say... isn't one of the big issues with the lower lot is that it's very restrictive due to all the noise ordinences from all the nearby residences? Like, even HHN has a tough time with noise issues. I can't imagine a huge, open coaster would be acceptable to all the local residents.

I was about to say... isn't one of the big issues with the lower lot is that it's very restrictive due to all the noise ordinences from all the nearby residences? Like, even HHN has a tough time with noise issues. I can't imagine a huge, open coaster would be acceptable to all the local residents.
I said it once and I'll say it again: If DK is coming to the lower lot, if they were planning on *allegedly* building a loop to go over the Starway when Mummy was being planned, if we already have Hippogriff, then I would not say that a major outdoor coaster is impossible. Even if we can't get a copy + paste or anything of VelociCoaster at IoA or anything similar as such, I still think a major coaster can be done at USH, but not in the vein of what UOR has.

The question we're all asking is "Can USH build a major coaster of some sort?" I think we're asking the wrong question here. What we should be asking is "Does USH want a major coaster (of some sort) badly enough?" I remember just like yesterday when Wizarding World was heavily rumored to come to USH in the early 2010's. So many naysayers (like me even!) online were like, "Nah man it can't happen! There's no room! If they brought it here, they would have to eliminate the entire upper lot to make it work. We would be stuck with like two rides in the whole upper lot." The only feasible option for placement was the Gibson amphitheater: the property's biggest money making venue at the time. No way they were going to dump that to expand the park. Well, here we are many years later. Although the situations I'm comparing are apples to oranges such as space and noise issues, my main point is this: If there's anything we learned from Potter, if USH wants it bad enough: They will make it happen! You can't tell me that guests who frequent here haven't seen what Florida's park has to offer and be like, "Why can't we get thrill rides like that here?"

I think we can all agree that they're not just gonna plop VelociCoaster into the lower lot exactly as is. That ain't happening. Whether they keep the name or have it called something else (Would prefer the latter), we are going to have to settle for a smaller version. I still think they can build a major coaster of some sort, they will have to think outside the box a little bit to get over the restrictions. They can get creative by putting up some scenery or some pits to keep the noise down. I could see something like Taron and Icon put together where Mummy is. Something fast, thrilling, a little low to the ground but with inversions. I'll take it.

Okay here's the perfect...I mean absolutely perfect replacement to Mummy. I know I've suggested Space Fantasy: The Ride before mainly because it's indoors, a people eater, fits inside the area, and during the lift hills the ride vehicle itself allows you to interact with the ride by "catching" energy. Okay so these are the ride vehicles:
1619998431502.png
And here are the new Pokemon Snap vehicles
1619998526580.png

Guys, Gals, and Non-Binary pals, I'm a genius. It's interactive, it's a coaster, it spins, it's Pokemon. Make the exit gift-shop a Poke Center and bam you're printing money.

Last edited:
Okay here's the perfect...I mean absolutely perfect replacement to Mummy. I know I've suggested Space Fantasy: The Ride before mainly because it's indoors, a people eater, fits inside the area, and during the lift hills the ride vehicle itself allows you to interact with the ride by "catching" energy. Okay so these are the ride vehicles:
View attachment 14458
View attachment 14459

Guys, Gals, and Everybody in-between, I'm a genius. It's interactive, it's a coaster, it spins, it's Pokemon. Make the exit gift-shop a Poke Center and bam you're printing money.
As long as they can give us some other little rides as well then I'd love it

I think Pokemon is HUGE and one ride would be great, I think for sure could be great for a land. But very much would like this as one of the "bigger" rides of that area

View attachment 14458
View attachment 14459

Guys, Gals, and Non-Binary pals, I'm a genius. It's interactive, it's a coaster, it spins, it's Pokemon. Make the exit gift-shop a Poke Center and bam you're printing money.
You know, Japan is rumored to retheme Spiderman to Pokémon, presumably redlining they already existing ride structure. Replace Mummy with what you proposed and retheme Transformers to Pokémon....you got yourself a mini land AND a bigger Nintendo presence.

You know, Japan is rumored to retheme Spiderman to Pokémon, presumably redlining they already existing ride structure. Replace Mummy with what you proposed and retheme Transformers to Pokémon....you got yourself a mini land AND a bigger Nintendo presence.
While I think Pokemon would for sureeee get longer lines than Transformers (love the ride but normally gets to maybe 45 mins...while Mummy and Jurassic go up to 75+ mins)

It sucks Simpsons area could not be used instead. I also know this would require the Tram to change but there is a HUGE amount of area to be used behind the Simpsons land and on that road that the tram uses. But Either way in the end I'll be happy to see a Pokemonland...especially if its alive like Nintendo land

Kinda going back to campaigning USH to get a "real" coaster, here is a thought: They could use the entire Mummy plot and then some to build a roller coaster that goes pretty well into the ground, using scenery and rockwork to help quell the noise levels. I'm thinking something along the lines of using the same what-ness of Taron at Phantasialand and the inversions of Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Notice with Taron that it's not a very tall coaster, yet the high speeds, twists, tight turns, and airtime hills help make it pack a punch. Whenever it gets tall, there is a lot of rockwork covering it. I think they can do that to help limit the noise. Also, the loading starts off pretty deep into the ground which would give the coaster more space to go fast and run its course. Make something similar to this while throwing in some cobra rolls and an immelman like Icon (And a top gun stall please!) and USH would have a banger here! It would keep the noise levels down, the neighbors won't get pissed off seeing an ugly looking coastre looming over their expensive neighborhood, and you have a nice, highy-themed coaster to appease the thrill seekers. Oh, and if they want to save money even more, they can literally reuse all of the design from VelociCoaster and incorporate it into this concept, but call it a different name. While it wouldn't be as good as the one in IoA, I wouldn't complain at all about something like that. USH needs a descent coaster so bad.

They recently updated Google Maps and it looks like there is a ton of construction going on behind the voice sound stage. Does anyone know what this is for?541ECCEF-E824-49DC-8ED1-70380ED2C7E4.jpeg

they aren't using that for The Voice anymore right? i recall them saying that on the Studio Tour

I don't know what's going on with the soundstage, but I have to imagine they'll use it to some extent. I'd have to think with the money going in that area, that they'd want to upgrade it (but that's just me).

The focus on the Lower Lot won't be there, but it should be on whatever happens to the cluster of soundstages next to Transformers and Mummy. These:

1642391470928.png

I'd have to assume once Barham is complete, they demolish these eight soundstages and the Rehearsal Hall. That's how I believe things were done for when Soundstages 22 and 23 were done, when they were able to get rid of the soundstages that were next to Jurassic World and SS28's plot.

That doesn't mean I think it could start work immediately. I just have to think there wouldn't be a need for these eight stages to be existant, as they would be outdated compared to Metro/Red Sea, and Barham's. Then again, we have other soundstages on the western end near the Visionary Campus still in-tact, so :shrug:

Last edited:
The Voice is moving to being on in the Fall only, would that mean there’s a chance their studio goes? Would give them time to design another studio elsewhere.