Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreeing with @highdefrex on this one: the queue for an attraction is incredibly important. Especially in the case of Mario Kart, where they had designed it as if an entire floor was queue space. That alone tells you how willing they were wanting to take things for maximizing the capacity of that building for Osaka.

Additionally, in the leaked model photos of Orlando's DKC, they had switchbacks planned for the Minecart coaster. A lot of them outside and under a portion of the coaster. There's no way they aren't having a proper queue for Hollywood's version, should the attraction come.

...which is exactly why MK's long standby line is important? It's going to be a madhouse as it is already; now imagine no standby line having been built at all (which was the original statement made, not whether MK will or won't have a VQ) with hundreds, even thousands, of people all crammed in with nowhere to wait. I seriously doubt the creative team was just like, "Hey, let's build a long queue for no reason." They know what they're doing and why when it comes to something like this.

Either way, if you guys completely disagree with me, it's totally fine. I'm not gonna go back and forth on this point anymore when I feel like I've said all I can say towards it. No point getting into it over... queue lines, of all things, haha.

No, I don't disagree with you at all. Given the current SNW space in Hollywood, people are going to flock there by the numbers, so yeah, UC is going to have queues in place. Once the pandemic is over and SNW opens, USH is going to be facing an onslaught of tourists wanting to get back to normal.

No, I don't disagree with you at all. Given the current SNW space in Hollywood, people are going to flock there by the numbers, so yeah, UC is going to have queues in place. Once the pandemic is over and SNW opens, USH is going to be facing an onslaught of tourists wanting to get back to normal.
I hope so but we will see

Even Disneyland isn't booked yet...and its at 30ish percent? Yes, yes travel is not back to 100% but I think the next year will be good but slower than many CEO's want. Could MK and Nintendoland change that...maybe but I think they should have more of a run up to the land opening. The Nintendo Store should be open like by Christmas with a Pre of the land, I'd make sure Nintendo has a Mario Kart ride to tie in with the ride on Switch and make sure the movie somehow alludes to the land open in Hollywood.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I hope so but we will see

Even Disneyland isn't booked yet...and its at 30ish percent? Yes, yes travel is not back to 100% but I think the next year will be good but slower than many CEO's want. Could MK and Nintendoland change that...maybe but I think they should have more of a run up to the land opening. The Nintendo Store should be open like by Christmas with a Pre of the land, I'd make sure Nintendo has a Mario Kart ride to tie in with the ride on Switch and make sure the movie somehow alludes to the land open in Hollywood.

As long as things get progressively better each year, I'll take it.

I mean to me its not a big deal...they announced the land years ago, they put up a sign for it in the park and you can see videos of the Japan Version

Additionally, as someone who feels like the first time you experience something can never be replicated, I have not looked at POVs of the ride in Japan. I've got other things to entertain me other than theme parks, so I'm cool with holding off on ride POVs for a ride that I haven't been on but would really like to go on.

Remember, no over the wall stuff. Photography from normal guest areas (including the studio tour) is fair game.

Won't be posting, but leaked concept art of DK's entrance in the other lands fits exactly as the photo that was posted about a week ago on here did with what seemed to be another "pipe" shaped entrance.
The artwork in question was originally posted on the artist’s website months ago, and was designed for the original Universal Studios Florida and Japan layout of the land.

Lines at the Parks are HUGE

I know capacity but people are coming and staying ALL day. I would not be surprised if they can do HHN at 100% and Nintendoland kills that DK wont be far off

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I do wonder if they want to make DK Orlando exclusive at first to increase draw for Epic Universe, especially since it’s been delayed now. I see that being intriguing for Universal, or, a dual opening on both coasts.

I do wonder if they want to make DK Orlando exclusive at first to increase draw for Epic Universe, especially since it’s been delayed now. I see that being intriguing for Universal, or, a dual opening on both coasts.
Hollywood will NEED the capacity pretty quickly after SNW opens, so I imagine once they see it going over well, they will begin Donkey Kongstruction

Japan having a little bit of a lead on Hollywood will be a good thing as they have time to work out the kinks over there before it comes here

As to how fast they get it open and if it opens before or at the same time as Orlando, those are the million dollar questions

Hollywood will NEED the capacity pretty quickly after SNW opens, so I imagine once they see it going over well, they will begin Donkey Kongstruction

Japan having a little bit of a lead on Hollywood will be a good thing as they have time to work out the kinks over there before it comes here

As to how fast they get it open and if it opens before or at the same time as Orlando, those are the million dollar questions
True, people seem to indicate a Mummy replacement would be the first project but that’s more forum discussion I feel than anything.

True, people seem to indicate a Mummy replacement would be the first project but that’s more forum discussion I feel than anything.
Whatever directly replaces Mummy, it has to be a roller coaster. Anything other than that will make the GP extremely unhappy. At the very least, whatever replaces it, needs to have the thrill level of Orlando’s Mummy.