Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Watched some of the POV. I had abysmal expectations but it looks slightly better than expected. But yeah I'll have to go on it myself to judge it....if I can make the virtual queue squirrel lottery. :rolleyes:

So is Dr. Strange going to be an actual walkthrough experience or is this going to be just an outdoor show?

Deleted dumb joke. My last thoughts are California Adventure needs a substantial injection of life. It's been passed the table scraps for years. And I hope the Avengers ride will be good once Wanda and Doctor Strange find and materialize it from the nega-Covid dimension

Last edited:
From everything I've seen...

giphy.gif

I showed the one minute video to my 70 year father showing the in the ride vehicle guy doing the “web shooting” on the WEB ride. His response was: “Oh my gosh! That guy looks like an idiot!”

I can tell this is going to be a big hit for people of all ages. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: captainryborg
It's incredibly clear that Imagineering simply does not get Marvel for whatever reason. This should've been the biggest layup of a land and they've managed to screw up almost literally EVERY aspect of it.

The animatronic Spidey was cool. Everything else sucked.

I showed the one minute video to my 70 year father showing the in the ride vehicle guy doing the “web shooting” on the WEB ride. His response was: “Oh my gosh! That guy looks like an idiot!”
I just explained the concept to my 12-year old brother and he said, "Oh, like the Ninjago ride?" I forgot he went to Legoland when he was 8.
On a serious note, nothing about this land is making me itch to visit. I agree, @Nick. This should've been a slam dunk but this seems to be a complete miss. It needed that Avengers E-Ticket.
It especially needed to be good in a year where Universal has continuously elicited positive engagement from the theme park community and, frankly, opened better shows and attractions.

Reactions: frank_1991_
This to me is the equivalent of Navi River Journey without flight of Passage. Never meant to be the real showstopper but became it when the e ticket was not built

Unpopular opinion here but if he throwing Guardians and the future e-ticket this ride does exactly what it was supposed to be. And yes Guardians is e
-ticket

Reactions: Magic-Man
On a serious note, nothing about this land is making me itch to visit. I agree, @Nick. This should've been a slam dunk but this seems to be a complete miss. It needed that Avengers E-Ticket.
Disney botched Star Wars too, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Granted, I don't think they botched it this bad and the E-ticket was ready to go shortly after the land opened (and is great... when working) whereas the Avengers ride hasn't even broken ground yet. I will say i'm not as optimistic about the Avengers E-ticket as I was for RotR based on rumors. The land definitely would've benefitted from it though.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Watched some of the POV. I had abysmal expectations but it looks slightly better than expected. But yeah I'll have to go on it myself to judge it....if I can make the virtual queue squirrel lottery. :rolleyes:

So is Dr. Strange going to be an actual walkthrough experience or is this going to be just an outdoor show?
I do have to say the technology behind the web slingers is impressive and needed. Not having to tugging on a button or push it is intriguing to me

It's incredibly clear that Imagineering simply does not get Marvel for whatever reason. This should've been the biggest layup of a land and they've managed to screw up almost literally EVERY aspect of it.

The animatronic Spidey was cool. Everything else sucked.
I know ROTS is impressive...but even that. Honestly they don't understand in park Star Wars or Marvel that well.

Disney can throw as much tech at these things but if thats all they are are cool tech demo's then whatever. Tell a dam good or interesting story or who cares.

Once again I know the Big E ticket Star Wars ride is cool but really and I mean really as a ride does it really capture Star Wars?

They can in some ways save this ride if they add villains later but even that is not going to make it amazing. I can't believe Disney is slumping again, not looking forward to the era after this for Disney theme parks.

How did they miss this bad.

How could they build a Spider-Man ride and not even attempt to make even one part of it better than IoA’s, which is over 20 years old.

How did they miss this bad.

How could they build a Spider-Man ride and not even attempt to make even one part of it better than IoA’s, which is over 20 years old.

I can see two sides of the argument. Do you try to top it and go for the home run or just make contact since the chances of one-upping IOA's Spidey is a tall task.

But THIS.... they bunted.

I can see two sides of the argument. Do you try to top it and go for the home run or just make contact since the chances of one-upping IOA's Spidey is a tall task.

But THIS.... they bunted.
Disney should have seen it as a challenge and honestly cut the MCU crap on this one

I know...some people like "this" Spiderman but the ride clearly shows why he is a weak Spiderman. Honestly think they should have paid Andrew and Toby to be apart of this and maybe it could have worked with just Spiderman but this ride is sooo boring

Could you imagine going on HM and its all the same ghost but different sizes....lol

Reactions: Spider-Sonic
Disney should have seen it as a challenge and honestly cut the MCU crap on this one

I know...some people like "this" Spiderman but the ride clearly shows why he is a weak Spiderman. Honestly think they should have paid Andrew and Toby to be apart of this and maybe it could have worked with just Spiderman but this ride is sooo boring

Could you imagine going on HM and its all the same ghost but different sizes....lol
I don't think the problem with this ride is who is playing Spiderman.

Every aspect of Avengers Campus feels like it was made for an age group younger than the ACTUAL Marvel market. Dr. Strange and Web Slingers work if you’re six years old. An eleven year old or older is not going to be impressed.

The issue is that the bulk of the Marvel audience is older than eleven.

I don't think the problem with this ride is who is playing Spiderman.
I mean the story is all around "this" spiderman

I'm not blaming just the actor the version of Spiderman is meh...into the Spider Verse better Peter...the Video game...Speculator Spiderman (by a country mile), Toby Spiderman as well. They just tried sooooo dam hard to make him Robin (or Ironman jr) they really ignore what makes him a cool character.

Just my two cents but the problem is the MCU is cool for movies and films but for rides it's not that exciting we know story wise the ride wont affect the MCU and the best parts of the MCU are the little moments and lead up to the cool action. we have zero time for any of that here

Every aspect of Avengers Campus feels like it was made for an age group younger than the ACTUAL Marvel market. Dr. Strange and Web Slingers work if you’re six years old. An eleven year old or older is not going to be impressed.

The issue is that the bulk of the Marvel audience is older than eleven.
The last two shows and end game dealt with Adult issues mainly depression and regret which child know nothing of yet. So I agree it's a weird mix that doesnt work well.

Reactions: Rioriz82