General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
GREAT....well I obviously want to ride this again, but I'm really going for the new coaster.

I plan on getting to the park before rope drop. Thankfully it seems VC hasn't shared the same problems or Virtual Queue requirement (knocks on wood).

Read my article! They go live 15 minutes before park open for the first few hours. Then you'll see regular drops at intervals throughout the day.
Not true. They've been opening to VQ on some days right from the start. As I said, I've been following this hourly and daily since I'm going down in 10 days. Sometimes, even when they open standby, they've gone VQ
within a half hour. Again, it's all over the map. Sometimes it's alternated between stand by and VQ as the day goes on. There is absolutely no set system at this point in time. Hopefully they adjust now that they're at normal operations.

Its easier to ride VC than it is Hagrids. And VC isn't even open yet.
Yes. They just need to get rid of the confusion that mixing Virtual with Stand By, and no set schedule, causes. Damn, the ride's two years old with a new attraction almost next to it. Get rid of the pain
in the butt virtual line system already.

Reactions: therock and Clive
I noticed that. 120 minute wait.

I'll be ready for virtual queue this weekend but would love if we can just tough it out.
Hagrids was 45 minute posted wait (35 minute adjusted wait per Touring Plans) for the first three hours plus at standby and then it jumped. Lots of pretty long lines at both parks today. ......Add on edit. They moved to virtual line in the vicinity of
3:00 or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive and belloq87
Yesterday, it appeared, from the checks I made on Touring plans app., that Hagrids was Virtual line all day. Today, it opened stand by and has been between 45 and 50 minutes posted time since it opened (35 to 40 minutes Touring plans adjusted line time). I'll check back later. .....

Lol….do they just flip a coin in the morning?
That's about as good of a theory I've heard so far. :lol: I've been looking for tendencies in relation to how long lines are on other rides in both parks, but I don't see anything yet. ...and...as of Noon, it's still standby at a comfortable 45 minute posted wait (35 minutes adjusted time per Touring Plans app. )....I'll be there for a week, so odds on, I should able to hit a standby line one of those days. I refuse to ruin a vacation looking at a smartphone for Virtual Queue BS all day./....I just can't see why they need to do virtual lines so much on a two year old attraction that has pretty high ride capacity and a very high capacity queue. Most of the time i look at Hagrid stand by posted times they're about the same as FJ, and not nearly as high as Kong...............
Edit Update; 1:10 PM: still stand by 45 minutes posted.....Edit: It appears it went Virtual Line somewhere in the vicinity of 2:00 PM.

Last edited:
Here is the other thing. Once you finally get through the virtual gauntlet, there is no guarantee you can get your whole party. I could not get past this issue . CCBD4B32-E7A5-48A2-B4E6-732066B37F9C.jpeg

My family was lucky enough to ride it (unfortunately the family sitting next to me on the plane home was not so lucky and they were pretty upset). But what an awesome ride experience! They absolutely hit a HR on this one. I love seeing the happy faces on the return trains, really cool. I'd say its the perfect ride, aside from the Virtual Q.

The last thing about Virtual Q and then I will leave it alone. It gives Florida residents, and APs, a huge advantage. I had done enough research ahead of the trip and was prepared for VQ, and it was still challenging to get one. Imagine the family that has no idea about VQ or how to navigate it, they are likely to strike out and miss the ride (like the family on the plane). I secured a VQ, but could not include my whole family (see previous post). The only 'sure thing', is to get in line when the park opens. We got in line around 8:30am for the 9am opening, and the double lines ended near Big Fire. We were boarding trains at 10:15 but it was worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog