Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt weird last year and may feel even weirder this year to see a rock band being used at HHN Orlando…and somehow John Murdy isn’t using them.

Might I ask, which of the new things was the “bombshell” that the insiders were teasing? The Jack show?

Please NOT!!
Definitely a step down from Rob Zombie - don't @ me, Metallica is the biggest pack of posers since KISS in terms of horror bona fides - but this is the zone your dad will want to be in.
With so many "big" properties of old out of contention due to Disney gobbling them up (though I don't know why Disney wouldn't license them out, not like they're making money off of them in their own parks) Uni pushing to partner with smaller horror companies is smart. Netflix/Blum/Shudder can feed the event for years to come.
I already see some of the Twitter posers wondering what Shudder is. It's the best six dollars you can spend on streaming if you're a horror fan. Their direct connection to Fangoria through curator Sam Zimmerman (no relation) makes them an instant player, and is probably the smartest partnership HHN could engage, dollar for dollar.

Last edited:
Definitely a step down from Rob Zombie - don't @ me, Metallica is the biggest pack of posers since KISS in terms of horror bona fides - but this is the zone your dad will want to be in.

I already see some of the Twitter posers wondering what Shudder is. It's the best six dollars you can spend on streaming if you're a horror fan. Their direct connection to Fangoria through curator Sam Zimmerman (no relation) makes them an instant player, and is probably the smartest partnership HHN could engage, dollar for dollar.
Kirk hosted a horror art exhibit that I got a chance to visit last year. Was really neat. Band might be posers today but he’s pretty legit.

Seek and Destroy isn’t Metallica guys, it’s clearly the 2002 PS2 video game “Seek and Destroy” by Takara Co Ltd.
/j

But also the partnership with Shudder is smart because it gives HHN a way to use a bunch of new horror properties while also giving HHN fans a reason to go out and subscribe to Shudder. This announcement is what got me to renew my subscription after 6 months of not watching it.

Also does anyone have any speculation on what shows/movies may be featured in the Shudder sz? Any very popular movies? I want to start watchin them to be prepared.

Seek and Destroy isn’t Metallica guys, it’s clearly the 2002 PS2 video game “Seek and Destroy” by Takara Co Ltd.
/j

But also the partnership with Shudder is smart because it gives HHN a way to use a bunch of new horror properties while also giving HHN fans a reason to go out and subscribe to Shudder. This announcement is what got me to renew my subscription after 6 months of not watching it.

Also does anyone have any speculation on what shows/movies may be featured in the Shudder sz? Any very popular movies? I want to start watchin them to be prepared.

Creepshow is the obvious one. There's also Channel Zero which is an anthology series similar to AHS. Joe Bob's Last Drive-In would be cool to implement as well, even if just the characters

But also the partnership with Shudder is smart because it gives HHN a way to use a bunch of new horror properties while also giving HHN fans a reason to go out and subscribe to Shudder.

Yes. This is a smart decision for both parties. It brings more "general population" eyes to Shudder, and creates a partnership for using future properties much easier.

I'm firmly planting my flag and saying, temper your expectations.

Without getting too far into the legal weeds, many of Shudder's bigger movies (Mandy, Psycho Goreman, One Cut of the Dead) look to be strictly digital and physical distribution deals.

That means they would have to also partner with the original producers/rights holders of all of those individual properties to create merch and use the likenesses in things like....you know...theme parks.

The two biggest properties that jump out right away that appear to be mostly free and clear are Creepshow, and The Last Drive-In.

My question is, where does the Shudder/AMC/Sci-Fi line blur?

They're all technically the same company. So, could we see some characters from NOS4A2, Chanel Zero, Z Nation, or (god forbid) The Walking Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.