Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. This is a smart decision for both parties. It brings more "general population" eyes to Shudder, and creates a partnership for using future properties much easier.

I'm firmly planting my flag and saying, temper your expectations.

Without getting too far into the legal weeds, many of Shudder's bigger movies (Mandy, Psycho Goreman, One Cut of the Dead) look to be strictly digital and physical distribution deals.

That means they would have to also partner with the original producers/rights holders of all of those individual properties to create merch and use the likenesses in things like....you know...theme parks.

The two biggest properties that jump out right away that appear to be mostly free and clear are Creepshow, and The Last Drive-In.

My question is, where does the Shudder/AMC/Sci-Fi line blur?

They're all technically the same company. So, could we see some characters from NOS4A2, Chanel Zero, Z Nation, or (god forbid) The Walking Dead?
Comcast has distribution rights for Channel Zero and Z Nation because they were developed for SyFy.

Where’s the fun in answering that? Y’all wanted a speculation season… so speculate.
I'll force us to speculate against it. Why not?

Every other zone is blatant about what we're getting without trying to nail what the scarezones' real, exact titles will be. Seek & Destroy isn't, like @Midnight Detective said. If they were to do Metallica, why would Seek & Destroy be the song of choice for a horror event? Why not All Nightmare Long or Enter Sandman or Creeping Death or something that sounds more horror-oriented? Maybe it's a codename? Maybe it's an original?

On the other hand, they have been writing "horror-themed" music for a new album :shrug:

Isn't Run supposed to be more of an enclosed arena not necessarily a wide open zone?

I suppose it doesn't matter, but just thinking out loud

Yes. This is a smart decision for both parties. It brings more "general population" eyes to Shudder, and creates a partnership for using future properties much easier.

I'm firmly planting my flag and saying, temper your expectations.

Without getting too far into the legal weeds, many of Shudder's bigger movies (Mandy, Psycho Goreman, One Cut of the Dead) look to be strictly digital and physical distribution deals.

That means they would have to also partner with the original producers/rights holders of all of those individual properties to create merch and use the likenesses in things like....you know...theme parks.

The two biggest properties that jump out right away that appear to be mostly free and clear are Creepshow, and The Last Drive-In.

My question is, where does the Shudder/AMC/Sci-Fi line blur?

They're all technically the same company. So, could we see some characters from NOS4A2, Chanel Zero, Z Nation, or (god forbid) The Walking Dead?
Syfy is Universal, not AMC.

Syfy is Universal, not AMC.
I think the point was that they all may be accessible under the same umbrella as they're all pretty intertwined. AMC owns Shudder. And as @Legacy said, "Comcast has distribution rights for Channel Zero and Z Nation because they were developed for SyFy.".

Or in less messy wording:

SyFy is owned by Universal.
Shudder is owned by AMC.
Shudder hosts several SyFy properties on their platform.

Reactions: DannyPowers
*Very* excited about the Eddie zone. While the realistic answer is that it'll probably be just RUN themed, I'm thinking about the old lore about him running haunted houses out of trailers... maybe we could see some sort of trailer park/mish-mash horror theme in the zone?

As for the Seek & Destroy/Metallica debate, I doubt it's a Metallica zone. I felt like that would be specified.

As for the Seek & Destroy/Metallica debate, I doubt it's a Metallica zone. I felt like that would be specified.
The sources who inform the spec map have, in the past, only gotten conceptual information that isn’t specific. We have, also, explicitly requested some information not be specifically included on the map in order to protect sources or contracts (read - Ghostbusters).

Is S&D a Metallica street? Maybe. Maybe not.

But if you want Billie Eilish and can’t get her, all you can do is turn the page to something different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.