Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

Does anyone know why they abandoned the whole buildup to F&F? They were doing it pretty consistently in the like, seven or eight months after it opened but I feel like they stopped doing it really abruptly and now they act like it never existed. I've always been curious why it just fell by the wayside like that. Too complicated logistically?

I think it’s because they know it sucks. The first day I went on the tram tour after reopening, they just skipped F&F. I prefer that over going through it.

I know we can't but I'd kill to cut that part of the ride and redo the bridge next to Kong to be have the AA like in Florida and make that area into a full attraction on the tram....vs FF.

Like I get it its a movie a lot of people see...but it just sucks on the tram tour...most people on the tram are people who likes real films (yeah shots fired)
Not sure you understand the demographics of USH and their taste of movies. Everyone loves F&F on the tram.

I would also freak out if I saw Vin Diesel on the studio tour. It doesn’t change my opinion that the F&F franchise and attraction is garbage. That’s still Vin Diesel, dude! Even if he is an awful actor.

My only criticism for Supercharged at USH, lies in it's placement.

It should not of been the new finale; however I'd much rather have Supercharged than Gasolina any day of the week.

My only criticism for Supercharged at USH, lies in it's placement.

It should not of been the new finale; however I'd much rather have Supercharged than Gasolina any day of the week.

I have to disagree. It is extremely lame doing both Kong and F&F on the tour. It’s cool at first with Kong, but then once you get to F&F it’s like doing Kong over again. Gasolina was different

I have to disagree. It is extremely lame doing both Kong and F&F on the tour. It’s cool at first with Kong, but then once you get to F&F it’s like doing Kong over again. Gasolina was different

If there was more to Gasolina than a simple FX showing, with a tech demo of the kuka arms, then maybe? But Supercharged has atleast a proper narrative (if albeit a narrative that has been reduced). Neither are perfect, or great, but I'd much rather have Supercharged than Extreme Close-Up, any day of the week.

I think the tram tour guide should spiel during the F&F section like the jungle cruise.

It does make the preshows in Orlando semi-tolerable.

I noticed they stopped doing the multi-step buildup, and I figured they cut it because it didn't gel with the tone and flow of the rest of the tour. Everything you see is presented as faux and part of the movie magic - even the more immersive experiences like Earthquake, Jaws, and Kong 360. After 40 minutes of behind-the-scenes content, you're abruptly thrust into a farfetched FBI scheme with poor scripting and wooden acting. It's tough to hear even a good tour guide talk about Dominic Torreto seriously when we're on a ride that plainly discusses movie actors and directors. It's frankly much easier to just pull into the warehouse and let guests fill in the gaps of the narrative.

It does make the preshows in Orlando semi-tolerable.

I noticed they stopped doing the multi-step buildup, and I figured they cut it because it didn't gel with the tone and flow of the rest of the tour. Everything you see is presented as faux and part of the movie magic - even the more immersive experiences like Earthquake, Jaws, and Kong 360. After 40 minutes of behind-the-scenes content, you're abruptly thrust into a farfetched FBI scheme with poor scripting and wooden acting. It's tough to hear even a good tour guide talk about Dominic Torreto seriously when we're on a ride that plainly discusses movie actors and directors. It's frankly much easier to just pull into the warehouse and let guests fill in the gaps of the narrative.
Yeah, this would make sense. But IDK, I personally enjoyed the buildup even though -- to your point -- it didn't fully fit with the tone of the tour experience. It helped make the experience feel more like a "ride" as well as a proper finale to the tour rather than how it feels now, like it's a tacked on afterthought. For the last like two or three years without the buildup, most of the tour guide I've had basically just say, "Okay, if you guys like Fast and the Furious, you might like this thing, idk, the tour's pretty much over so let's just do this," which is such a lame way to end the tour. Totally anticlimactic.

I bet they realized that most people on the tour have been on the tour many, many times before and it was probably more trouble than it was worth to execute. But I still miss it.

I am not a fan of the F&F franchise but it is one of universals biggest IPs and the GP love it. I don’t mind it on the studio tour so much but I would like them make a black box attraction where they can change the IP or have different versions like star tours. “Ride or Die”

Not sure you understand the demographics of USH and their taste of movies. Everyone loves F&F on the tram.

lol

You could have Tommy wiseau do the same thing and have people freak out

FF aren't Cinema they are dumb dumb dumb films that appeal to people...cool. The segment on the ride sucks and we already have kong like others have said..its lazy and most people don't love it and doesn't fit that well.

Not sure we need to be condescending to what is empirically a pretty entertaining and well-made franchise... that also happens to be one of the only major Hollywood IPs that routinely features people of color in leading roles and behind the camera.

Supercharged is not good. I think almost everyone agrees on that. But the franchise is a major part of Universal's modern identity and lineup, and it deserved better. I also don't think we should be rolling our eyes at people getting excited about seeing a genuine movie star... which is, you know, one of the potential unique benefits of the studio tour. A lot of talent will go out of their way to hide from the trams, so good on him for making an appearance.

Not sure we need to be condescending to what is empirically a pretty entertaining and well-made franchise... that also happens to be one of the only major Hollywood IPs that routinely features people of color in leading roles and behind the camera.

Supercharged is not good. I think almost everyone agrees on that. But the franchise is a major part of Universal's modern identity and lineup, and it deserved better. I also don't think we should be rolling our eyes at people getting excited about seeing a genuine movie star... which is, you know, one of the potential unique benefits of the studio tour. A lot of talent will go out of their way to hide from the trams, so good on him for making an appearance.

hard disagree these films aren’t shot that well or tell any kinda story
The acting also sucks and unlike the MCU which is dumb fun they add some fun commentary on life, politics or their characters

this series is about cars going fast and actors wanting easy pay checks

back to the future is a fun film as well but had lots of heart and the actors are trying

Considering that opinions are subjective, you should probably just drop it. We get that you hate the F&F franchise and think it’s dumb, and that’s fine, but like @Clive said, it’s harmless, it embraces diversity, and even though it may not be high art, it’s the equivalent of comfort food for a lot of people, hence why people love it enough for it to be a billion dollar franchise. Arguing about its quality doesn’t change the truth that it’s an important series for Universal and maybe, just maybe, means something to its fans even if you don’t personally understand why.

Considering that opinions are subjective, you should probably just drop it. We get that you hate the F&F franchise and think it’s dumb, and that’s fine, but like @Clive said, it’s harmless, it embraces diversity, and even though it may not be high art, it’s the equivalent of comfort food for a lot of people, hence why people love it enough for it to be a billion dollar franchise. Arguing about its quality doesn’t change the truth that it’s an important series for Universal and maybe, just maybe, means something to its fans even if you don’t personally understand why.
Then what is to defend?

I know when I like hot Garbage and just say 'yeah it sucks...but I like it" but aren't going to defend it like means more than it does

Take Star Wars Episode 3....its a fun dumb film with such such bad acting from people who can act normally. Someone comes up to me and says they hate it...I would say yep, I get it its a dumb action movie.

The studio tour wants to put some cars up fine...but I've been on this stuff with F&F fans and they are like "this is just not what the films are even really about" the dancing cars and this 3D thing aren't that good and the series isn't that good so....cool if you all want to defend it but Jaws, Kong, and Psycho deserve to be on the Tram not F&F

You’re completely missing the point.

If people enjoy the F&F movies, who cares? Let them. Why should anyone have to defend something they enjoy just because you don’t enjoy it? Going on and on and on about how dumb you think the franchise is isn’t going to - and here I go repeating myself - change the fact that it’s an important billion dollar franchise for Universal that people other than you like. If you don’t like the movies, hey, don’t watch them. Problem solved!

As for its presence in the park, no one’s even “defending” Supercharged here. I think the common consensus is it sucks. But again, that’s not even the point—it’s that of course Universal is going to try and represent one of its most popular franchises in the park, and even if they failed with it so far, F&F’s popularity isn’t something they would ever ignore.

Comparatively, I don’t like Despicable Me or Minions. I don’t care for it. I hate the minions. It’s not for me. But you know what? I’m not going to call people dumb for liking/loving that franchise. I’m not gonna call people dumb for wanting it in the park(s), nor think it’s stupid that Universal would represent it in the parks considering its popularity. I handle my distaste for it by… not seeing the movies, not riding Minion Mayhem, and just being glad it entertains the people who do like it rather than acting like I’m smarter than they are or demanding that they explain to me what there is to “defend” about it. It’s pointless.

And honestly, so is this. If you can’t get the point that me or Clive or SailwiththeTide, etc., were trying to make in our own ways, then I don’t know what to tell you other than take a deep breath, accept that other people have the right to enjoy things that you don’t, and leave it be.

lol

You could have Tommy wiseau do the same thing and have people freak out

FF aren't Cinema they are dumb dumb dumb films that appeal to people...cool. The segment on the ride sucks and we already have kong like others have said..its lazy and most people don't love it and doesn't fit that well.
hard disagree these films aren’t shot that well or tell any kinda story
The acting also sucks and unlike the MCU which is dumb fun they add some fun commentary on life, politics or their characters

this series is about cars going fast and actors wanting easy pay checks

back to the future is a fun film as well but had lots of heart and the actors are trying
Then what is to defend?

I know when I like hot Garbage and just say 'yeah it sucks...but I like it" but aren't going to defend it like means more than it does

Take Star Wars Episode 3....its a fun dumb film with such such bad acting from people who can act normally. Someone comes up to me and says they hate it...I would say yep, I get it its a dumb action movie.

The studio tour wants to put some cars up fine...but I've been on this stuff with F&F fans and they are like "this is just not what the films are even really about" the dancing cars and this 3D thing aren't that good and the series isn't that good so....cool if you all want to defend it but Jaws, Kong, and Psycho deserve to be on the Tram not F&F
You're on some sort of kick today acting like you're the arbiter of what is good and bad and if someone likes something that you don't then they're "stupid". Honestly, just cut it out. Everyone has their own opinion. You can think things suck, others can like things, but we don't need you shouting people down because they like something that you find stupid. Let people like what they like!

I don't even like the F&F franchise, but you're making me defend it because you're acting foolish. I don't have any sort of love for the Web Slingers ride, but you made me practically defend it because you were acting foolish in that thread. Just cut it out.

Oh, and what's with you and Tommy Wiseau/The Room today as well? Goodness. If something brings joy to their life, even in a twisted "it's so bad it's good" kind of way, then let them have that instead of tearing them down. This isn't hard.

And this is why we have crap attractions and movies everyone...can't have honest discussions....Everything is good...and nothing is bad