Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

I can't read the article because I don't subscribe, but just because CA laws allow it, private businesses can set their own rules, so it doesn't necessarily mean theme parks have to drop masks. Officially, I haven't heard anything from USH, SFMM, or Knott's.... just Disney.

Plus, as far as I know, nothing's been said about reservation systems.

They allow 5 free articles a month so you may have used up your 5 already. You can visit a different Southern California News Group (Pasadena Star News, San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Whittier Daily News, etc.) site and read another 5 free articles. All SCNG sites have the same articles so what you find in one can be found in another.

The latest from Brady MacDonald:

Six Flags Magic Mountain will increase attendance and ride capacity, drop mask requirements for vaccinated visitors and discontinue advance reservations as the state ends most COVID-19 health and safety measures.

Magic Mountain officials announced the changes to COVID-19 health and safety measures ahead of the reopening of the California economy on Tuesday, June 15 that will allow theme parks in the state to return to full capacity and end most coronavirus restrictions.

Magic Mountain will no longer require masks for fully vaccinated visitors starting on June 15. Unvaccinated visitors are strongly recommended to wear a mask — especially while indoors. Six Flags employees will continue to wear masks and undergo temperature screenings.

Online advance reservations will no longer be required for admission to Magic Mountain. Out-of-state visitors will be permitted to visit the park beginning on June 15.

Surprised to see platinum way cheaper than the $599 it was before

Before the shutdown it was $449 online and $459 at the gate. It was $619 online and $629 at the gate about 3 months prior to the shutdown, Universal ran a special 1 month sale dropping the price to $439 in January 2020 and when that sale ended the new price of $449/$459 became the retail price.

I'm shocked that they didnt raise the price of the Platinum Pass. I would have raised to at least $499.

You gotta hand it to Universal for actually giving a crap about their AP base. Disney could learn a thing or two from USH. :)
Hard Disagree

Disneyland is and is becoming more of a resort

Universal has peak days but EVERY dam day at Disneyland is peak because of APs and im really tired of it. If you want to pay 150 bucks sure it can be crowded but letting people who just want to over crowd a 150 day ticket I spent...no thanks go to Knotts, Universal, Legoland, Six Flags or Sea World
Those places NEED Aps to get big new things..Disneyland does not people would and are paying full price to come more than once
Before the shutdown it was $449 online and $459 at the gate. It was $619 online and $629 at the gate about 3 months prior to the shutdown, Universal ran a special 1 month sale dropping the price to $439 in January 2020 and when that sale ended the new price of $449/$459 became the retail price.

I'm shocked that they didnt raise the price of the Platinum Pass. I would have raised to at least $499.

Agreed, for sure buying that pass once my current one is done

I feel like the platinum pass is a little too cheap now. Might negatively effect standby lines. Glad the option is back though.

Excited to see things will be back to normal next time I visit. Even with the long lines, the protocols were enjoyable while they lasted. Ended up getting a whole boat to myself on JW Sunday morning, which made the ride legit creepy. Doubt that’s ever happening again!

Excited to see things will be back to normal next time I visit. Even with the long lines, the protocols were enjoyable while they lasted. Ended up getting a whole boat to myself on JW Sunday morning, which made the ride legit creepy. Doubt that’s ever happening again!
True....but I'm ready to be able to enjoy the parks again

Last time I went...which yes it was later in the day all lines were over 40 mins and the good rides all over 70 mins. Plus Water World sold out...so I'm ready for more normal

True....but I'm ready to be able to enjoy the parks again

Last time I went...which yes it was later in the day all lines were over 40 mins and the good rides all over 70 mins. Plus Water World sold out...so I'm ready for more normal

I’m interested to see what it will be like. I’ve been waiting to do WW anyways so I wasn’t bothered by the crowds. I def earned those unique experiences of riding Mummy and JW or walking through Hogwarts alone. I thought it was well worth the hassle.

Rides to look at for the next couple of days will be Jurassic World, Mummy, and Studio Tour which consistently had 2+ hour waits.

Yep. It’s nice to see Mummy with a consistent 15 min. By now it was always over an hour. Studio Tour still has no wait.

Edit: It’s 11 AM and JW has a 25 min wait. Wow!

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread, but if I wanted to go to USH on Thursday, should I buy tickets now or is it okay to wait till the day of.

California Governor Gavin Newsom visited Universal Studios Hollywood today to celebrate the "Reopening of California" - marking the end of many tight pandemic restrictions in the state.

Again. We just issued a weekend ban to someone for not following the rules. Please refrain from political talk and please refrain from double posting. We're tired of warning, y'all.