Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW 50th Celebration

I know Corless is not a popular personality, but I think he's right about this:

It's possible. But I think it's also possible the Mouse realizes the world in October will not resemble the world in April/May (when this was put together). Note the disclaimer about masks in the ad. Keep it vague for now rather than showing unmasked guests not social distancing for whatever is coming. Nostalgia is one of the main things that holds up Disney--I can't see them simply abandoning it.

If they are going to have projections up and down Main Street, that heavily reminds me of the DL 60th show. There's rumors that HEA may not come back until after the 50th is over and they'll run a 50th show in the meantime. Not necessarily 50th related, but apparently Festival of Fantasy is very close to coming back.

It wouldn't shock me if they borrowed heavily from Disneyland Forever and just redubbed the bits here and there that refer to 60 years ago - they probably wouldn't even need to make substantial edits to things like the orange grove scene.

I don't remember the main song, but I think it was a typical generic Disney Dreams/Memories/Magic type soundtrack.

It wouldn't shock me if they borrowed heavily from Disneyland Forever and just redubbed the bits here and there that refer to 60 years ago - they probably wouldn't even need to make substantial edits to things like the orange grove scene.

I don't remember the main song, but I think it was a typical generic Disney Dreams/Memories/Magic type soundtrack.
The ballad version of "Live The Magic" was extremely solid imo.

More meh...

It's pretty sad Universal did more for Disney's 50th than Disney is doing.

Two new nighttime shows isnt nothing.

Two new nighttime shows isnt nothing.

Plus a character-centric DAK show that should be a crowd-pleaser, in a park that needs attractions. The 50 new statues could be fun as an unofficial scavenger hunt. It's not The Disney Decade 2.0, but was anyone still expecting that?

Plus a character-centric DAK show that should be a crowd-pleaser, in a park that needs attractions. The 50 new statues could be fun as an unofficial scavenger hunt. It's not The Disney Decade 2.0, but was anyone still expecting that?

Hey look I want more rides but Veloci opening ain’t any bigger than two night shows plus other offerings. I want tron and GOTG but at this point *shrug*

If TRON was also opening on October 1st, like intended, this lineup would be pretty impressive. As is, it's fine. Committing to two new nighttime spectaculars being open by then is no small thing.

But I'm honestly more interested in the new coffee table book than anything (despite a foreward from Bob Chapek).

I'm excited for the 50th anniversary of WDW. I'll be staying at a deluxe for the extra magic hours. Can't wait to see the new night time fireworks.

None of the recent specials have had the same magic as the ones from the '80s or '90s (or heck, even the couple that were done for Everest), but hopefully this one will have some extra effort applied to it.