Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

I don’t know where else to put this so I’ll just ask it here. I got a 4 day pass to disney and was gonna try and hit all the parks before I went home for summer, and i was looking forward to Hollywood Studios the most but all the reservations are taken for the park until like June. Is there any way I can get into the park or am I outta luck?

I don’t know where else to put this so I’ll just ask it here. I got a 4 day pass to disney and was gonna try and hit all the parks before I went home for summer, and i was looking forward to Hollywood Studios the most but all the reservations are taken for the park until like June. Is there any way I can get into the park or am I outta luck?
You can keep trying, and sometimes people cancel the morning of so you might get one. Or, you could always park hop to that park after 2pm, even on multiple days of your trip.

You can keep trying, and sometimes people cancel the morning of so you might get one. Or, you could always park hop to that park after 2pm, even on multiple days of your trip.
I don’t have Park Hopper tickets only single day tickets. Could I still enter the park at 2 without going to any parks before hand?

I don’t have Park Hopper tickets only single day tickets. Could I still enter the park at 2 without going to any parks before hand?
You have to go to the park you have reserved first before hopping to a second park.

If your ticket doesn’t allow park hopping, it doesn’t matter what time you arrive, as long as you were able to get a park reservation for that day.

You have to go to the park you have reserved first before hopping to a second park.

If your ticket doesn’t allow park hopping, it doesn’t matter what time you arrive, as long as you were able to get a park reservation for that day.
I’m sorry i’m still confused. So there’s no way for me to get in with a non park hopper pass if i don’t have a reservation for Hollywood Studios?

Oh darn. Guess i’ll just go to Magic Kingdom twice then. Do we have any idea if/when Disney will abandon the reservation system?
It's due to capacity restrictions, which are definitely going to be in place through June, which I think is the timeline you mentioned. I'd expect them to stay in place through July at the earliest. It really depends on how many people are fully vaccinated by then AND how the vaccines play with the newer variants.

Do we have any idea if/when Disney will abandon the reservation system?

They've said they're expecting to keep reservations in place through 2022. There may be MORE reservations available over time as restrictions lift, but I'd guess the reservation system is more or less here to stay. They really like having more certainty about how many people are coming each day. It makes it much easier to plan labor needs.

They've said they're expecting to keep reservations in place through 2022. There may be MORE reservations available over time as restrictions lift, but I'd guess the reservation system is more or less here to stay. They really like having more certainty about how many people are coming each day. It makes it much easier to plan labor needs.

Honestly, as a guest I like it more too. No fear in getting there and running into an absolute gauntlet of crowds...you pretty much know what you’re gonna get after you’ve been a couple of times. It’s also nice not having to worry about being turned away at the gate for capacity. Imagine how much easier it’ll be getting to the parks when new rides open up knowing that only X amount of people will be spread throughout the park that day. IMO the Disney experience has never been better.

Yeah and remember, if the reservation system stays when the parks are back to the old capacities - which it looks like it very well may - you'll only ever run into an issue when a park reaches that capacity: Christmas, New Years, etc. So it really shouldn't have any effect on the typical day - and like @OrlandoGuy said - you'll never have to worry about being turned away at the gate.

I guess there's no way to scope out park reservations before purchasing a ticket, right? I wouldn't want to buy a ticket and then not be able to get in where I wanted.
Disney suggests you look up the days you want to reserve BEFORE purchasing tickets. Availability Calendar at link below:

Disney suggests you look up the days you want to reserve BEFORE purchasing tickets. Availability Calendar at link below:

That's the lesson that I learned the hard way. Bought tickets to reserve my spot and then cancelled my trip but the tickets are non-refundable (well, at that time at least). Thankfully, the amount stayed on my account to be used later but the mistake I made was thinking I had to purchase to lock in instead of using that feature to look at availability before purchasing/booking.

Worst part was that I just missed the part where they suggested reviewing before purchasing. Again, it all worked out okay but I felt foolish.

So in other news, regarding Fantasmic! the current rumor is we won't see it back till next year...

Fantasmic Won't Return Until 2022

As the article mentions, hopefully with the various permits applied to the show it get's some much needed upgrades and changes. That has been long overdue since the show is still acting like Pocahontas was gonna' be a big thing, that and it's generally been the weaker version stateside and that was even before DL got all of it's various upgrades.