Disney's Hollywood Studios General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios General Discussion

JawsVictim

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
Geez…I’m going in Sept and wanted to look at dining reservation available for the date 60 days out from now that opened in August. Everything’s already booked for Sci Fi Dinner and Oga’s. Pretty wild. I’m gonna need some good luck next week to get the reservations I was hoping for.

Anyways, looking at touring guides and see no FP still. Am I correct in assuming a good rope drop strategy right now would be hit Slinky and then MMRR?

Tobias

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2014
Anyways, looking at touring guides and see no FP still. Am I correct in assuming a good rope drop strategy right now would be hit Slinky and then MMRR?
Yeah, Slinky is the one that everyone rushes to at the start of the day and lines will remain pretty constant. Hit that one first. MMRR is a good one to hit second, especially since the pre-show is back up and running.

JawsVictim

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
Yeah, Slinky is the one that everyone rushes to at the start of the day and lines will remain pretty constant. Hit that one first. MMRR is a good one to hit second, especially since the pre-show is back up and running.
Thank you! Might as well ask this, and sorry for holding up the thread, but can you give me a run down for the rest of the day? Planning on staying at DHS from open to close.

Tobias

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2014
Thank you! Might as well ask this, and sorry for holding up the thread, but can you give me a run down for the rest of the day? Planning on staying at DHS from open to close.
I would defer to touring plans on that one, since I pretty much go every and any which way after that. Not exactly the best way to maximize one's time.

Reactions: JawsVictim

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I've literally never seen this happen, but I love it. These are the extra things I love about the parks that make them stand out from your run of the mill amusement park. Do we know if this was a one-off or are they consistently doing it? I was just at DHS recently and this was not happening.
It was an opening position that was quickly cut. I’ve never seen it only heard rumors of it.

Three thoughts:
  1. Random CM having fun
  2. New manager filling all positions and didn’t realize this was what this one did
  3. Running full show for someone

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
They superimposed in a video Chris years after the cut the live CM. (He's still there.) This is the most random thing in quite a while. I'm going with Joe's "CM having fun."
Yeah, was probably just a situation of maybe they scheduled more CMs than they needed so this was what they decided to do for awhile.