Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Man, if they got rid of that building, they could finally up the park’s ride count into double digits.

Blow the dust off of that Monsters Inc coaster or something. Anything but a wasted space used for Meet and Greets
It reminds me of Innoventions in its dying days. Just wasted space with no real purpose but an indoor space to cool down.

Disney Studios could use a new Disney+ land with classics like: Big Shot, Earth to Ned, Diary of a Future President and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and movies like Secret Society of Second-borne Royals, Black Beauty, Safety and Magic Camp.
So much shallow content to choose from to fill out a day in the park.

Yesterday was the anniversary of the release of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The film used to have a definite presence at DHS. It’s been years since I’ve visited the park and can’t recall if any of the old props (The Dip-mobile, the steam-roller, Benny the Cab, The Weasel’s Toon Patrol car) still remain. Any insights would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Yesterday was the anniversary of the release of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The film used to have a definite presence at DHS. It’s been years since I’ve visited the park and can’t recall if any of the old props (The Dip-mobile, the steam-roller, Benny the Cab, The Weasel’s Toon Patrol car) still remain. Any insights would be much appreciated! Thanks!
I don’t believer your can find any of the screen used vehicles or props in the park now. They removed Benny the cab, the last one, a few years ago.

There is a Maroon Cartoon billboard facing Echo Lake, and Eddie Valient’s detective agency is written on a window above Hollywood and Dine, with a Roger Rabbit shaped cut out in the window blinds. Those may be the last remnants of the property in the park?

I don’t believer your can find any of the screen used vehicles or props in the park now. They removed Benny the cab, the last one, a few years ago.

There is a Maroon Cartoon billboard facing Echo Lake, and Eddie Valient’s detective agency is written on a window above Hollywood and Dine, with a Roger Rabbit shaped cut out in the window blinds. Those may be the last remnants of the property in the park?

So that prop vehicle that was in the backlot express is gone?

So that prop vehicle that was in the backlot express is gone?
Correct. The Benny the cab was the last remnant. Last I was in there, he was gone, to add more seating, but the behind the scenes pics on the wall remained.

The Doom Patrol car outside was removed a long while ago. Now it’s a condiment station.

• Sad
Reactions: Cwoolboy
Wonder where the props go when removed from public view? Some backstage area? Sold off to the highest bidder?
Some of them likely go into storage. Sometimes Disney can repurpose props later on. For example for those who are sticklers for detail, the Bikes in the queue at Web Slingers at DCA look a lot like some old bikes in the now defunct DCA version of MuppetVision. I say that because the bike frames match up. Other times props do get sold. I cam across an auction site where some the prop crates that were at the exit of once again DCA's defunct MuppetVision were auctioned off.

Some of them likely go into storage. Sometimes Disney can repurpose props later on. For example for those who are sticklers for detail, the Bikes in the queue at Web Slingers at DCA look a lot like some old bikes in the now defunct DCA version of MuppetVision. I say that because the bike frames match up. Other times props do get sold. I cam across an auction site where some the prop crates that were at the exit of once again DCA's defunct MuppetVision were auctioned off.

That's theme park props though. What does Disney do with screen-used film props like stuff from Roger Rabbit for instance? Maybe auctioned off as well?

Not sure where to put this but that “other site” is reporting the iconic Tower of Terror billboard on World Drive is to be permanently removed. It is to be replaced by landscaping :'(

That was the last of those elaborate/moving/3D/Steaming billboards they did, and it's not too surprising it's going rather than getting fixed.

Yea I've had friends who were "meh" about the news, but they clearly don't understand the iconic significance of this particular billboard.

It's almost a shame they can't just relocate it but they don't exactly have a "prop boneyard" anymore. This removal is a loss like the iconic Earful Tower when Toy Story expanded :chainsaw: