Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Geez…I’m going in Sept and wanted to look at dining reservation available for the date 60 days out from now that opened in August. Everything’s already booked for Sci Fi Dinner and Oga’s. Pretty wild. I’m gonna need some good luck next week to get the reservations I was hoping for.

Anyways, looking at touring guides and see no FP still. Am I correct in assuming a good rope drop strategy right now would be hit Slinky and then MMRR?

Anyways, looking at touring guides and see no FP still. Am I correct in assuming a good rope drop strategy right now would be hit Slinky and then MMRR?

Yeah, Slinky is the one that everyone rushes to at the start of the day and lines will remain pretty constant. Hit that one first. MMRR is a good one to hit second, especially since the pre-show is back up and running.

Yeah, Slinky is the one that everyone rushes to at the start of the day and lines will remain pretty constant. Hit that one first. MMRR is a good one to hit second, especially since the pre-show is back up and running.

Thank you! Might as well ask this, and sorry for holding up the thread, but can you give me a run down for the rest of the day? Planning on staying at DHS from open to close.

Thank you! Might as well ask this, and sorry for holding up the thread, but can you give me a run down for the rest of the day? Planning on staying at DHS from open to close.

I would defer to touring plans on that one, since I pretty much go every and any which way after that. Not exactly the best way to maximize one's time.

I've literally never seen this happen, but I love it. These are the extra things I love about the parks that make them stand out from your run of the mill amusement park. Do we know if this was a one-off or are they consistently doing it? I was just at DHS recently and this was not happening.

It was an opening position that was quickly cut. I’ve never seen it only heard rumors of it.

Three thoughts:
  1. Random CM having fun
  2. New manager filling all positions and didn’t realize this was what this one did
  3. Running full show for someone

Haven’t been in the area, but the store closed last September so not if it’s open again or closed for good.

The area is begging to be torn down and for something new.

I always liked your idea to redo that area and put a pathway in to R&R and Tower of Terror, so that there's an easier to travel loop to that back area.

I always liked your idea to redo that area and put a pathway in to R&R and Tower of Terror, so that there's an easier to travel loop to that back area.
I actually went back and looked in this thread for the proposal I had for this park.

I still think all of the things I mentioned - Monstropolis, Tangled mini-land, and Up-Based Water ride (possible change the IP to something like Luca?) are solid ideas. And even with everything I proposed, we weren't even touching the Indiana Jones area. Personally, I would love to see Indy and Star Tours ripped out and really go all out with Indy and Planet of the Apes themed areas, both kind of blending together with lush greenery segueing from one to the other. The issue is Star Tours can't go anywhere until the park has more rides.

Of course this was me sort of creating my ideal park without budget constraints. To achieve what i'm proposing would take many, many billions of dollars, but it does show that there's still a places for the park to expand and become more connected as well.
So we all know DHS could use some major help. I was looking at the park map and thinking what I would do with Billions in mind (which it really needs AFTER SWL and TSL) for the park. By 2019 (or whenever SWL opens), the park will have 9 rides and 5-6 shows.

Here's what I would do (can you tell I can't sleep??):

1. Bulldoze the animation building and the adjacent parking garage (yes, the one they are currently hiding). Move all operations run out of the animation building and all offices to elsewhere on property.

2. As a segue from Toy Story Land, you would enter a Monstropolis themed area where you would find the Monster's Inc. Door Coaster and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Both would take up a rather small amount of space. Perhaps there would be a B-ticket type ride as well. Moving Laugh Floor would free up space in Tomorrowland as well. Harryhausen's would be a table service restaurant in Monstropolis (Japanese Restaurant).

3. From Monstropolis, you would walk behind where The Little Mermaid show currently sits to give you an idea of where we are. The Little Mermaid show would be updated to the DCL version of Tangled: The Musical. Then opposite of the theater would be a Tangled boat ride, filling a park need... a ride for all ages and the lack of a boat ride in the park. The Snuggly Duckling would be the quick service in this area.

4. By this point we are starting to run out of room as you have to take backstage space into account. So last in this area would be an Up-based Paradise Falls Rafting Adventure Ride, filling another park need, as DHS doesn't have a pure water ride either. This ride would be far longer than Kali and would be extremely well themed.

Since this would be built completely on backstage land, it's a true expansion and a gain of 4 rides (all exclusive), 1 new show (replacement) and a attraction moved from another park. Also 2 new restaurants, 1 QSR and 1 TSR.

The sooner this comes back, the better. The park needs another attraction to eat up a couple thousand people every hour.
I don’t like hearing that it’s going to be “modified”. But it’ll at least eat crowds.

What we really need back though is Fantasmic. Preferably a version that has been revamped a bit for the 50th from the same old show that’s been playing since the 90’s.