Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

I heard today that Ohana is looking to re-open in July. I'm guessing that July is the target date for a lot of the remaining closed things at Disney to re-open with the influx of CPs in June.

Yesterday I received a WDW brochure with hotel room discounts ( 7/11/21 to 9/28/21) for the first time since covid started. I used to receive those quarterly. Probably a signal
of when they're going to expand the hotel room stock.....Edit: Plus, WDW has just changed the distancing rules to 3 feet, from the former 6 feet. ....Capacity will go up for sure.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how this movement toward normalcy progresses in the parks. While I understand that increasing capacity is happening, they also need to look at reopening and increasing attraction throughput as well. We will be at WDW for a week near the end of June and while I look forward to loosened mask and spacing requirements, I worry that even without the Fastpass+ effect on rides that waits will be longer than normal and things like QS restaurants will have issues being available

Wasn't expecting to take all of the Contemporary off-line at once, especially with the busy summer ahead. With the Poly rooms still not reopened, that means the only non-DVC rooms available around 7 Seas Lagoon are either at The Grand Floridian or the Garden Wing of the Contemporary.

It's kind of refreshing though in a way, as even though the rooms are getting IP added, the rooms have been in desperate need of a revamp at both the Poly and Contemporary for awhile.

Some of the Poly's buildings are complete and should re-open soon. They did the western half of the resort first, now it's the east. The western side buildings are furnished and the landscaping has been re-planted after all the old plumbing was replaced outside and inside.

The Contemporary is having the asbestos pipes removed floor by floor from the top down apparently (they seem to be at the 7th floor with the notices on the outside stairway doors), and from what I understand once they got all the rooms gutted on the MK side, they started on gutting the Bay Lake side.

This morning there's something new going on at the "Venetian/Mediterranean" site. It looks like they're installing those things on either side of the monorail to keep trucks from hitting the beams. I doubt they're breaking ground on the (50 years delayed) hotel there, but it looks like there's some kind of work about to start in that area...

Not to make this a Uni/Dis thing, but it looks like if Cabana Bay had themed IP rooms. (not a bad thing since Cabana Bay is awesome, but not for a hotel that costs $600 a night)

Not to make this a Uni/Dis thing, but it looks like if Cabana Bay had themed IP rooms. (not a bad thing since Cabana Bay is awesome, but not for a hotel that costs $600 a night)

The fit and finishes of this room are significantly nicer than CBBR but I think there are some mid modern touches in cabana I like more.
Still, I like the rooms.

Rooms look nice.

Looks about as I expected, which is like the Poly Moana rooms. Light touches of the theme with modern finishes and bright colors. I think it looks pretty nice.

The rooms are nice, I just don't get the price tag for this hotel and how to justify it.
I can’t justify it for any reason no matter how nice the rooms.
I mean, there's no reason to ever truly justify spending that type of money to stay there. The only reasons to do it that I can accept is if you are just filthy rich and don't care about money or you are a Disney freak and want to stay as close to MK as possible (and again, kinda don't care how much it's going to cost you).