WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just an FYI-

Disney is only allowing registered hotel guests and those with dining reservations in the hotels and people with park hoppers between EPCOT and DHS to ride Skyliner at this time.

They're actually checking tickets like the Hogwarts Express? Wow.

Reactions: GAcoaster
I’m not surprised since they are checking park hopper passes before allowing people to board buses between the parks. I’m good with it since I’ll be staying at Pop and using the skyliner to get to Epcot and DHS.

But they're letting anyone on the monorails and boats, despite the reduced capacities. Guests can still just "go for a ride"...

4Uwhdzs.gif

Reactions: UNIrd
As much as I love the Poly and Trader Sam's and dole whips, I still have a huge mental block on paying Poly prices to actually stay there.

I want to love the Poly and stay there. I really do. I just got the tiki room kitchen apron since I like it so much, but comparing it to Hard Rock or RP, you're practically paying half for better on site amenities. I know Disney has a premium, but I can't justify it.

Take Moana off the TV and they don’t look very Moana-y at all. Probably should have folded the sofa bed up for the stock photo but all told not bad.

Now do Contemporary...

Take Moana off the TV and they don’t look very Moana-y at all. Probably should have folded the sofa bed up for the stock photo but all told not bad.

Now do Contemporary...
They are doing Contemporary with Incredibles themed rooms in this same vein.

They are doing Contemporary with Incredibles themed rooms in this same vein.

I feel like with the Magic Kingdom resorts, I’d rather see them do themes or subtle overlays to match them with some of the lands in the park (Polynesian=Adventureland, Contemporary=Tomorrowland, etc.), but, hopefully they’ll all still turn out nice.

Yup, way better than their previous look imo, which was basically just "Hawaiian Marriott" themed. They were also a lot darker than the new rooms.

Polynesian-Resort-Room-2.jpg

Polynesian-Resort-Room-4.jpg

Yup, way better than their previous look imo, which was basically just "Hawaiian Marriott" themed. They were also a lot darker than the new rooms.

Polynesian-Resort-Room-2.jpg

Polynesian-Resort-Room-4.jpg
The bathrooms are the biggest upgrade. The old Poly bathrooms look like a condo in Daytona.

Reactions: Allison and Nick