Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

No. I think they learned a very valuable lesson with Potter. I think we will see a massive price increase across all pass levels, but that's about it. I dont seen blackout dates or benefits being significantly added or decreased, nor do I see them nuking their existing passholder base to ensure that passholders visiting the new land are paying the higher prices.
Lets hope so...top leaders don't always remember the past

But hoping I can still have an AP for cheaper than Disney when Nintendoland opens

Right now Universal arguably has the best pass available in all the so cal theme parks. Platinum is the best. But with Super Nintendo opening do you think they will screw pass holders like they did with Harry Potter opening?
Well, I think you will see a price increase, but I really don't think they're going to "screw over" the APs again. I'm pretty sure they learned from the Potter debacle. Besides, that was during the Kurtzweil era.

Once a majority of the crew is finished with the Mario Kart show building, progress on the land itself is going to be explosive. I'm 90% sure this is a late summer/early fall 2022 opening.

Once a majority of the crew is finished with the Mario Kart show building, progress on the land itself is going to be explosive. I'm 90% sure this is a late summer/early fall 2022 opening.

Looks oddly similar to what Diagon Alley looked a year out from its opening.

Taking a guess this is a June 2022 opening.

Isn't the tarped structure Mount Beanpole? Or are you saying that there is also construction on Bowser's Castle?

Well, I presume they're currently building a Bowser Castle structure because that's where the entrance to Mario Kart will be. So progress has been made in the area since there wasn't anything new in the area since March.

Sadly, doesn't look like we'll get any more drone videos from Santa Clarita Drone any time soon.

His response from his latest video to a user asking him to do HHN, "No more flying over USH. Not that it isn't allowed. But they are open now, and all the mazes are viewable from the parking structures or the park."

Hopefully, this only applies to HHN mazes and he's still open to footage of SNW. You can still get great shots from around the park, but I'm itching for some aerial updates.

No one seems to do APs like USH. Literally no one.
Their blackout calendar page still shows entries dated back to 2016.

Basically, no one knows what jumbled mess will exist prior to the land opening or after. Add in the closure to all of this and everything is up in the air.

But one BIG positive sign is that after the park reopened, APs didn't need reservations after the preview. That's acknowledging there's not enough of them to impact the park's crowd levels. They could've easily tried to be more restrictive with it if they wanted.

Has anyone actually seen any progress occur at all over the past few weeks? I've gone on weekends and weekdays and have yet to see a single worker on-site.

Maybe its just apart of the plan...but with how crowds have been...I'm just suprised this seems like a late Spring opening. If I was the head of USH I'd want this open bu March or earlier and have an almost entire year of a full park.

Maybe its just apart of the plan...but with how crowds have been...I'm just suprised this seems like a late Spring opening. If I was the head of USH I'd want this open bu March or earlier and have an almost entire year of a full park.
My guess is it just literally won’t be ready for then, I’m sure they also want this ready to go ASAP. If you think about it, which is crazy, March isn’t THAT far away from right now, where it stands looks like another year of construction just to finish the outside, not having a clue what Mario Kart progress is looking like.

I wouldn't take that as confirmation. They've been saying "in a few years" on all of my recent tour visits.