Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

It's always a case of there are some guests who only want something they know. Compare the lines at a theme park Starbucks to those for non name brand (or even Joffries) coffee.

The parks always have to figure out the balance between giving people a brand which generates more business but a slimmer profit versus providing it themselves which guests don't always know or trust but keeping all the profits for themselves. The Busch parks always had a great reputation for food, but unfortunately cost cutting has hurt that. It really hurts a park like BGT or SeaWorld where there are so many name brands just outside the park so guests decide to wait to grab food when they leave.

There's a part of me that really admires how much revenue they are willing to give up to stick to their morals over corporate greed. Of course their morals suck, so there's that.

Here's the thing--most companies are ONLY doing it because they know it's $$$. It's entirely cynical (@GA-MBIT : Not referring to Chick Fil A here, but to companies on the "opposing" end of the issue who claim to be so virtuous when 95% of them wouldn't have bothered even a decade ago--just to be clear I am completely pro-gay marriage, it just feels so insincere most of the time.)

If I were limited to buying brands that align with my views, I would be dead from diabetic shock within a month because Ben and Jerry's is about all I can think of.

Last edited:
Not the thread for the conversation, but I don't think Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sundays for money or for any "cynical" reasons. They are a very conservative company. The standard cyncial approach would be to throw open the doors 24/7, maximize profits. It seems like something they really care about.

With that, I will say I really would have preferred just about any other chain. Happy first day after Pride Month, everyone.

Not the thread for the conversation, but I don't think Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sundays for money or for any "cynical" reasons. They are a very conservative company. The standard cyncial approach would be to throw open the doors 24/7, maximize profits. It seems like something they really care about.

With that, I will say I really would have preferred just about any other chain. Happy first day after Pride Month, everyone.
Who's saying it's cynical? Out of all the things you can say about Chick-Fil-A, them being closed on a Sunday in 2021 is not one of them and is pretty hardcore sticking to your values. They're the only major chain that's closed any day of the week that I know of.

Who's saying it's cynical? Out of all the things you can say about Chick-Fil-A, them being closed on a Sunday in 2021 is not one of them and is pretty hardcore sticking to your values. They're the only major chain that's closed any day of the week that I know of.

I imagine a fast services restaurant has their slowest day on a Sunday and I bet it is much easier to schedule folks when you only need to find them 1 day off -- just to say I do not think it is all that hardcore -- Hobby Lobby might be more hard core -- I assume department stores do well on the weekend.

I was responding to AllHaiInternet's original post pre-edit about fast food chains and cynical social-political stances. They were bringing up instances of brands taking on causes for cynical monetary reasons, and I think this is completely different situation. This is substantially different than AT&T having a pride month profile picture, Chick-Fil-A sticks to their actual beliefs to a surprising degree.

Basically, you and I are saying the exact same thing lol.

Does anyone know how profit sharing works with situations like this? Does BGT rent the land? Share profits? Both?

I know McD's appeared in Disney for a while

I'm genuinely curious

Per our discussion in the IG thread

My thoughts on a Giga coming to BGT are as follows:

1) B&M seems too expensive for right now. It seems like SeaWorld is taking a dive on the surf coaster and more compact dive machine, so maybe they have some kind of deal where they are willing to test out some B&M prototypes, who knows...Either way I think if a B&M comes to BGT it will be a while, or some kind of future concept

2) Intamin...no, after the botched opening of Cheetah Hunt and continued headaches, they are probably out of the running. Plus, I'm sure BGT is well aware of the I305 nonsense

3) Mack...They make pretty fun hypers, but nothing compared to B&M or Intamin

4) RMC...Now this is where I think they could make a huge splash if they wanted too..A 300ft RMC T-Rex just sounds sexy..They could easily market it as Florida's first 300ft tall coaster, The first 300+ ft single rail, First of its kind type ride, and lastly, just a dagum good coaster.

It seems like a risky, but very interesting route they could take..

They could just be looking at building FloridaFury 325 from B&M, who knows lol

Also, They need a flying theater

Per our discussion in the IG thread

My thoughts on a Giga coming to BGT are as follows:

1) B&M seems too expensive for right now. It seems like SeaWorld is taking a dive on the surf coaster and more compact dive machine, so maybe they have some kind of deal where they are willing to test out some B&M prototypes, who knows...Either way I think if a B&M comes to BGT it will be a while, or some kind of future concept

2) Intamin...no, after the botched opening of Cheetah Hunt and continued headaches, they are probably out of the running. Plus, I'm sure BGT is well aware of the I305 nonsense

3) Mack...They make pretty fun hypers, but nothing compared to B&M or Intamin

4) RMC...Now this is where I think they could make a huge splash if they wanted too..A 300ft RMC T-Rex just sounds sexy..They could easily market it as Florida's first 300ft tall coaster, The first 300+ ft single rail, First of its kind type ride, and lastly, just a dagum good coaster.

It seems like a risky, but very interesting route they could take..

They could just be looking at building FloridaFury 325 from B&M, who knows lol

Also, They need a flying theater
Intamin is building two different coasters at BGW. I highly doubt they're out of the running here.

MAJOR BGT ANNOUNCEMENT FINALLY!!!!

They're opening a Chic Fil A

Real talk, if they don't have an exclusive BGT milkshake this has been a total wash