What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is what I’d like/realistically expect the park to add from 2022-2024.

2022:
Iron Gwazi (March)
S&S Screaming Swing & Skyride Overhaul (Nov/Dec-This ties in with the permiting for the original project which would have had it opening in Nov/Dec 2020.)

2023:
Zamperla Giga Discovery in Pantopia to replace Phoenix

2024:
Intamin Giga (launched?) coaster in Jungala/Congo/behind Tigris. Massive project and biggest coaster ever at the park. This ties in with rumors reported by midway mayhem and others in early 2020 (pre-covid) about a MASSIVE project around this area coming in the next few years.

Reactions: shiekra38
This is what I’d like/realistically expect the park to add from 2022-2024.

2022:
Iron Gwazi (March)
S&S Screaming Swing & Skyride Overhaul (Nov/Dec-This ties in with the permiting for the original project which would have had it opening in Nov/Dec 2020.)

2023:
Zamperla Giga Discovery in Pantopia to replace Phoenix

2024:
Intamin Giga (launched?) coaster in Jungala/Congo/behind Tigris. Massive project and biggest coaster ever at the park. This ties in with rumors reported by midway mayhem and others in early 2020 (pre-covid) about a MASSIVE project around this area coming in the next few years.
I'd be surprised if we got a massive giga in 2024. Here's what I'm thinking:

2022: Iron Gwazi

2023: S&S Screaming Swing, removal of Sand Serpent, Pantopia kiddy rides, and Phoenix

2024: Pantopia expansion, including new flat rides (my picks are a Zamperla Zetta Swing and a Zamperla Endeavor)

2025: New Intamin motocoaster near the S&S Screaming Swing, themed to ATV's

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I want to see them go rogue and build the first 300ft single rail

Buuut, the more I think about it, the more I see Intamin being the choice

It's clear they want to keep expanding the park out where Rhino Rally was, but to what extent?

Also, I'm really holding out for a wild GCI Woody in Jungala

I just think with the rate the chain have been adding coasters to their parks (for example SeaWorld San Diego has received a coaster in 2018, 2019, should have been a 2020, and then are already filing plans for another launch coaster for 2023) we are sure to see another coaster of some description at BGT in the next couple of years.

No doubt there are more coasters coming (they know they drive attendance), but I expect some other attractions to appear as well. Several parks all have the same simulator buildings sitting vacant which would be ripe for a chain wide update with new hardware and give all those parks some much needed indoor attractions. Whether it's some kind of flight simulator ride or dark ride, it's all become more feasible for a regional park to build those things and they're the kind of things the parks are lacking right now more than coaster hardware.

I just think with the rate the chain have been adding coasters to their parks (for example SeaWorld San Diego has received a coaster in 2018, 2019, should have been a 2020, and then are already filing plans for another launch coaster for 2023) we are sure to see another coaster of some description at BGT in the next couple of years.
That was pre-pandemic. This is post. And I'm pretty sure that 2023 coaster is only still active because it was already planned.

I think they're going all in on building a hotel and we'll see the former Rhino Rally site become part of a connecting pathway across the veldt.
That seems to be what they want

A hotel would certainly be a great addition, especially if it turns out how they originally wanted

That was pre-pandemic. This is post. And I'm pretty sure that 2023 coaster is only still active because it was already planned.
This is very true, and there’s no doubt the pandemic has caused the company to onload some more debt but financial performance in 2021 has been better than almost ever which lets me be hopeful.

No doubt there are more coasters coming (they know they drive attendance), but I expect some other attractions to appear as well. Several parks all have the same simulator buildings sitting vacant which would be ripe for a chain wide update with new hardware and give all those parks some much needed indoor attractions. Whether it's some kind of flight simulator ride or dark ride, it's all become more feasible for a regional park to build those things and they're the kind of things the parks are lacking right now more than coaster hardware.

After visiting the Florida parks with non-coaster fans this year I definitely agree on this. There's just not enough to do anymore at either park if you don't like roller coasters.

I'd be surprised if we got a massive giga in 2024. Here's what I'm thinking:

2022: Iron Gwazi

2023: S&S Screaming Swing, removal of Sand Serpent, Pantopia kiddy rides, and Phoenix

2024: Pantopia expansion, including new flat rides (my picks are a Zamperla Zetta Swing and a Zamperla Endeavor)

2025: New Intamin motocoaster near the S&S Screaming Swing, themed to ATV's

That'd be intriguing to see what they'd do with a Pantopia expansion. The whole area could use a new coat of paint and that section in particular from Sand Serpent to the kiddie rides seems ripe for something new. Plus, the theater needs a new show of some sort and the Pantopia Grill could use an upgrade to its food and entertainment offerings.
Is the Screaming Swing coming 2022 or 2023? I guess it'd make more sense to spread out new ride openings, though at the same time this is something that would've originally opened this year and Adventure Island plans to open two major additions next year.

Flat rides are overrated IMO
Yea but they help balance out parks that mostly rely on coasters for attendance. Of course having shows as well as a few dark rides here or there would be nice but they take time and money.

A lot of companies are not willing to take the risk and make the investment like Disney or Universal. I hope Sea World decides to give that type of attraction a chance again but their recent track record says otherwise.

Yea but they help balance out parks that mostly rely on coasters for attendance. Of course having shows as well as a few dark rides here or there would be nice but they take time and money.

A lot of companies are not willing to take the risk and make the investment like Disney or Universal. I hope Sea World decides to give that type of attraction a chance again but their recent track record says otherwise.

They could easily build a Sesame St screen ride on the cheap, not that I expect that to happen.