Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an out-of-stater who really only travels to HHN for two nights when he does attend, it sounds really bizarre that someone would say if they can't purchase a FFP, they won't attend the event at all. I understand feeling 'ruffled' by not having that ticket option but it's seriously going to override your enjoyment of the event that much that you won't partake even once?

So, I may be the only person happy to get hit by Southwest's "reschedule stick".

First off, I just got my notification overnight. So, don't assume that you're in the clear just yet if you haven't been rescheduled.

But, I was able to switch my 6:00am flight (now with one stopover) to an 11:30am nonstop flight. Leaving five hours later, and still nonstop? Win!

Off topic from the FFP discussion, but is there a specific reason why the first Sunday (9/5 this year) doesn't have HHN?

Park buyout, historically a "get away" day for people traveling to hit opening weekend, etc? Feels like the demand is there this year to warrant it running on the 5th.

I think because it’s Labor Day weekend and they’re expecting huge crowds that day.

Reactions: SeventyOne
As an out-of-stater who really only travels to HHN for two nights when he does attend, it sounds really bizarre that someone would say if they can't purchase a FFP, they won't attend the event at all. I understand feeling 'ruffled' by not having that ticket option but it's seriously going to override your enjoyment of the event that much that you won't partake even once?
I think it's more the people who normally plan to be at UOR for a week, and plan to attend HHN every night that it's open during that time. Removing the relatively inexpensive option to do so (ROF/FFP) and forcing folks to only purchase the same dollar value in daily tickets would mean less $$ spent at HHN.

That's the argument anyway.

Reactions: n i c k
I think it's more the people who normally plan to be at UOR for a week, and plan to attend HHN every night that it's open during that time. Removing the relatively inexpensive option to do so (ROF/FFP) and forcing folks to only purchase the same dollar value in daily tickets would mean less $$ spent at HHN.

That's the argument anyway.

I fully understand that but that's not what I'm arguing against. If you normally use a multi-night option to peruse the event a lot but those plans would drastically change if forced to use single-night tickets, I get that.

But to say if you can't have a ROF/FFP option you wouldn't attend for a single night seems like such a harsh reaction.

I fully understand that but that's not what I'm arguing against. If you normally use a multi-night option to peruse the event a lot but those plans would drastically change if forced to use single-night tickets, I get that.

But to say if you can't have a ROF/FFP option you wouldn't attend for a single night seems like such a harsh reaction.

I said that yes, this was me.
but it is because of the giant crowds. the crowds at hhn are so big, it takes multiple days to even visit all the houses. sometimes i can only do one house per night. (specially if you rely on free parking) I don't know how the other FFP people do it, but i try to visit slowly and not rush.
I might hang out in a scarezone for an hour while i eat and drink something. I might see a show per day. i might see the same show 3 times in one day (Academy of villains for example)
I know it sounds spoiled, I understand how spoiled we are. I fully acknowledge that it is extremely spoiled.
I just hate the rush of having to do everything in one day. i know everyone else has to do everything in one day. but I don't like to run around like that.
and to be honest, when i do a house only once, I barely remember them (like when i went to HOS in Tampa) i don't really remember everything from HOS
If FFP got removed, im not sure i would be able to enjoy stuff without running around. FFP is more for a slow and relaxed visit. taking time to appreciate the details. being able to enjoy the shows multiple times.

are FFP coming up this year? sure, they will come back, will they e modified? maybe. are we worrying for nothing? yeah maybe lol.
but universal sure is taking their sweet time with that and for No good reason lol

Last edited:
Reactions: jansenhammond
I said that yes, this was me.
but it is because of the giant crowds. the crowds at hhn are so big, it takes multiple days to even visit all the houses. sometimes i can only do one house per night. (specially if you rely on free parking) I don't know how the other FFP people do it, but i try to visit slowly and not rush.
I might hang out in a scarezone for an hour while i eat and drink something. I might see a show per day. i might see the same show 3 times in one day (Academy of villains for example)
I know it sounds spoiled, I understand how spoiled we are. I fully acknowledge that it is extremely spoiled.
I just hate the rush of having to do everything in one day. i know everyone else has to do everything in one day. but I don't like to run around like that.
and to be honest, when i do a house only once, I barely remember them (like when i went to HOS in Tampa) i don't really remember everything from HOS
If FFP got removed, im not sure i would be able to enjoy stuff without running around. FFP is more for a slow and relaxed visit. taking time to appreciate the details. being able to enjoy the shows multiple times.

are FFP coming up this year? sure, they will come back, will they e modified? maybe. are we worrying for nothing? yeah maybe lol.
but universal sure is taking their sweet time with that.
You’re doing something definitely wrong if you can only hit one house per night…

You’re doing something definitely wrong if you can only hit one house per night…
Yeah especially at the end of the night you can just walk on houses in the back. The chance on getting solo runs is also pretty high. Even managed a Stranger Things solo walk through in 28

sorry i will clarify on this
walking dead houses reached 3 hours even before closing. cabin in the woods was Always long. big houses were the ones that i did once a night.
I wasn't talking about the tents or the originals.
but if i wanted to see walking dead, I would first watch the shows, or watch the scarezones, or do a ride, then try to do walking dead) American Horror story was the other house that had very long lines. I would have to wait around until the line was shorter, but then all other houses were at 1 hour lines, and I didn't want to wait 1 hour per house. so i waited to see walking dead or American horror story/
when you arrive at 10 pm, everything is at one hour already. i could wait one hour per house, or just return another day. but the big houses were always at 2 hour waits. so i waited until the end of the night for those

while at the same time, yes, I did house of 1000 corpses alone 3 times one night. and i did the Yeti house completely alone as well in closing time. but this was only possible with FFP.

Agreed. I’ve shown up 2 hours before event close and managed to hit 6 houses without express and without trying.

heres an example.
arrive at 10 pm, after parking and everything, inside by 10:30 pm. walking dead house is 3 hours. every other house is 1 hour or more.
basically have 3 and a half hours until park closes. i can do one or two other houses and wait one hour, or hang around the park and wait for walking dead line to get shorter. (still having to wait more than an hour to see walking dead later on in the night)
it depends on the house and on the day. but some days were definitely days for one house only

Last edited:
Agreed. I’ve shown up 2 hours before event close and managed to hit 6 houses without express and without trying.

I've never even bought express because of this lol. I understand there are people who are limited to a schedule where they can only go certain days (especially those coming from out of town) but there have been days the event has so many walk on lines throughout the whole night. Even on the busiest days the crowds thin out after a certain time.

I'm gonna take a hard turn away and speculate on something different: Food. I know we have no solid idea, but more guesstimates since IP-tie in foods have been growing the past few years

Anybody have any ideas about what they will have tied to the IPs? A Drink called Beetle Juice would be too on the nose.

I'm personally hoping for some Texas BBQ to celebrate TCM coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.