Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

This will almost certainly be changed within a few weeks because there's no way guests will understand this:

In the "localized authorities make random choices" file, the Disney Springs garage is considered "outdoors." Or they've just given up, hard to tell.

Still looks thrown together with the security checkpoint, but much quicker entry without temp checks. Not even a full switchback--admittedly on a slower evening--just one piece of fence to walk around. Indoor establishments still requiring masks but walk-up bars are not.

In the "localized authorities make random choices" file, the Disney Springs garage is considered "outdoors." Or they've just given up, hard to tell.
A little of both-- things like garages are considered "outdoors" because of air flow, but also there's a LOT of confusion among CMs and management trying to figure out what counts as what. Then apparently local managers are making further judgement calls that contradict the info the company put out.

The TTC queues for Ferry Boats and the Monorail have had all the distance markings removed as of yesterday, and they are preparing for a "busier" weekend-- I assume that means they've upped the number of available reservations and attendance will be higher than it has been.

Beginning today, Cast Members in select roles will not be required to wear face masks at Walt Disney World.

According to Disney, select Cast Members who are able to maintain at least 6ft of physical distancing from others and have outdoor roles will no longer be required to wear face masks. Roles such as horticulture, lifeguards on their guard stand, cavalcade float drivers, and parking attendants will be eligible for the new relaxed protocols.

Other outdoor Cast Member roles that take place before the theme parks open to guests may also be eligible.

It’ll be interesting to see whether or not a show is added as a surprise for Boo Bash. Considering the price point and limited offerings, it’s the least they could do.
Heck, I’ll take the Hallowishes fireworks show at this point. I have tickets for October 17th.

It’ll be interesting to see whether or not a show is added as a surprise for Boo Bash. Considering the price point and limited offerings, it’s the least they could do.

as I understood it, the idea is that you can see the MK's fireworks when the park closes, then the after hours start at park close -- but I assume no themed or special fireworks, just what MK has at close.

I didn’t know where else to put this…but what the heck is going on with DW dining reservations? I tried to get Oga’s and Sci Fi Dinner for two different days right when they became available at 6 AM EST and pulled nothing both times. Did they open reservations 60+ days to on-site guests? I had more success with DLR reservations and thought that was a miracle, geez!

I didn’t know where else to put this…but what the heck is going on with DW dining reservations? I tried to get Oga’s and Sci Fi Dinner for two different days right when they became available at 6 AM EST and pulled nothing both times. Did they open reservations 60+ days to on-site guests? I had more success with DLR reservations and thought that was a miracle, geez!

Welcome to the "Wonderful" World of WDW Dining Reservations.

When I went last year, getting the Dining Reservations was easily the most stressful aspect of the trip. I had to alter multiple plans just to get into a lunch at Homecomin' and Morimoto Asia. An I had to toss any plans of returning to Cinderella's Royal Table or trying Be Our Guest clear out the window since everything was booked during the weekday.

Welcome to the "Wonderful" World of WDW Dining Reservations.

When I went last year, getting the Dining Reservations was easily the most stressful aspect of the trip. I had to alter multiple plans just to get into a lunch at Homecomin' and Morimoto Asia. An I had to toss any plans of returning to Cinderella's Royal Table or trying Be Our Guest clear out the window since everything was booked during the weekday.

Seems like those are all hard to find. I’m just curious what changed for the week in Sept I’m trying for. I practiced getting reservations for the last week of August and successfully pulled them at the right time. All of a sudden Sept 7 and 8 had none available when they opened up at 6 AM Est 60 days out. Just seems wonky to me that it worked as a trial for the week before.

More entertainment returning. The schedule of these returning seems done pretty much on purpose so vloggers have a reason to come back every week.
Wonderful World of Animation - August 1st
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - August 8th
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage - August 15th
Turtle Talk With Crush - August 21