Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that they want less theme parks, it's that when you visit USF/IOA there are places that make you say "oh wow they need to do something here." And USF/IOA have yet to reach their full potential in a variety of ways. IOA lacks in indoor entertainment - both in rides and shows, and USF has an abundance of screens.
While I mostly agree, this is also a real inside-baseball fandom view on the situation. Seeing the crowds this summer, it’s clear they need more options to spread people around. The new park is needed in that respect

While I mostly agree, this is also a real inside-baseball fandom view on the situation. Seeing the crowds this summer, it’s clear they need more options to spread people around. The new park is needed in that respect
Yes. Crowd size and wait times for everything, attractions and food, was too crazy This would be the future if a new park wasn't planned.....Ten years ago they had apx. 2400 hotel rooms. They've more than tripled that, and there's days
that every hotel is filled to capacity.

Word from some insiders is that Universal is not comfortable with attendance much higher than it's 2019 peak. Guest satisfaction drops as attendance starts exceeding capacity by too much. With all of these new hotel rooms, and
more coming (and that's where the money is with on site tourists), it's pretty evident a third real theme park is needed to keep the momentum, and profits, ongoing.

Absolutely, a 3rd was eventually needed for the resort, early park admission has been insane.

I do agree a 3rd park is needed, I'm just trying to say that the idea isn't "pandemic brain" as someone mentioned earlier. A 3rd park will do marvels for the current parks in the long term.

I do agree a 3rd park is needed, I'm just trying to say that the idea isn't "pandemic brain" as someone mentioned earlier. A 3rd park will do marvels for the current parks in the long term.
I do slightly worry about USF. It’s light years behind IoA and what EU is planned to be in terms of offerings. I hope post EU there’s big plans for it

There is/will be.
Logically, this just makes sense. It’s the clear area of need at the resort. I don’t think I’d touch LC or TL in Islands before they tackle USF. If you want an IOA addition, re do Jurassic River Adventure to the JW update to have something new.

Ironically, USF been the park that's had the most additions, but unfortunately, there were some bad choices/decisions that leaves it lacking in comparison to IOA on rides...But USF does well with the live entertainment and festivals, and most
attractions are enclosed, so that helps keep the two parks fairly equal in attendance. HE helps too....But definitely, EPIC is needed for a number of reasons.

Ironically, USF been the park that's had the most additions, but unfortunately, there were some bad choices/decisions that leaves it lacking in comparison to IOA on rides...But USF does well with the live entertainment and festivals, and most
attractions are enclosed, so that helps keep the two parks fairly equal in attendance. HE helps too....But definitely, EPIC is needed for a number of reasons.
Yeah, F&F being a real coaster would’ve changed things drastically imo.

for one....yes....and a little more diversification would have helped...plenty of good attractions but Woodward fell in love with the screen simulators a bit too much.
Eh. The issue comes from USF being hemmed in. That’s not necessarily an issue when it came to F&F, which was a mistake, but everything else just needed to fit in a tiny location

Eh. The issue comes from USF being hemmed in. That’s not necessarily an issue when it came to F&F, which was a mistake, but everything else just needed to fit in a tiny location
true to a degree....but omnimovers like a SLOP type ride are fairly small space considerations too. But yeah, F&F was the killer.

I keep coming back to the idea that USF would be in a much better place (for my enjoyment) if Nintendo had gone there prior to the third park opening.

We could have had the park starting to rebalance in the early 2020s instead of the late 2020s well after EU (as appears to now be the case).
Mario is like THE ip to open a new park and expand your resort with, so Epic likely doesn’t happen in the near future if Mario is at USF.

I do wish a Kidzone replacement was for 2024 however, but I think all things are going to EU. It just seems like EU is not only their best ideas, but all ideas they’ve thought of for USF specifically. Ministry, SNW, SLOP (it it goes there of course), Monsters are represented in this Universal park, idk I think that adds to the reasons USF is seems as being “behind”.

I don't think anyone will disagree that yes, USF needs work. But I feel its easy enough for me to separate my excitement and desire for a new park from that. I feel from a general public and enthusiast perspective the idea of a brand new major park opening up in Orlando for the first time in decades beats out for me the same things opening up over the course of several years in USF/IOA (especially with the accompanying crowds), even if it would fix some of the nitpicks I and others have with the existing parks. I do pretty much wish SNW had been put in USF and they had just headlined with Pokemon or something, But I get why they made the decision they did.

Yes. Crowd size and wait times for everything, attractions and food, was too crazy This would be the future if a new park wasn't planned.....Ten years ago they had apx. 2400 hotel rooms. They've more than tripled that, and there's days
that every hotel is filled to capacity.

what has been crazy to me is that, back when there were three hotels, it was far easier to find a room -- once CBBR opened, it seemed to get more difficult to find a room anywhere on property (or took more planning in advance)

Status
Not open for further replies.