Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Eddie Schmidt, Jack the Clown’s diabolical brother, is returning to Halloween Horror Nights to film a gory Hollywood sequel in Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge – except this time, the monsters are real. Vampires, evil clowns, creatures from the watery depths and other horrific beings from event’s past will roar on the scene where guests will make their short, and painful, cameo.

Gotta admit, I'm not too excited about this one. Seems like the Eddie element was just forced onto a Best Of Photo Op Zone.

BUT, if they do something like the "key" person from each past scarezone is up on the stage for a shift, then Eddie comes and hacks them up with a chainsaw and the next shift is just their dismembered body on the stage for 45min, that could be pretty awesome. No clue how they'd be able to do that without an awkward change of shifts, but could be cool. Or change it up, each shift Eddie goes and kills one of the stage performers and then body parts or whatever are put on the stage for the next shift and then removed for the actor to return.

A bit of a bummer as I was hoping for some original Eddie type zone (not that this isn't original)

but as @Neo said, it seems like Eddie was tacked on

Still though, slay me chainsaw kinggg

Gotta admit, I'm not too excited about this one. Seems like the Eddie element was just forced onto a Best Of Photo Op Zone.

BUT, if they do something like the "key" person from each past scarezone is up on the stage for a shift, then Eddie comes and hacks them up with a chainsaw and the next shift is just their dismembered body on the stage for 45min, that could be pretty awesome. No clue how they'd be able to do that without an awkward change of shifts, but could be cool. Or change it up, each shift Eddie goes and kills one of the stage performers and then body parts or whatever are put on the stage for the next shift and then removed for the actor to return.

1628868664275.png

I have to agree that the premise for this is a bit confusing. I just tried to explain it to someone who only has a passing familiarity with the lore, and it didn't quite translate.

Honestly, though... if it just ends up being an anniversary "best of" celebration with Eddie trappings... that's fine by me.

I have to agree that the premise for this is a bit confusing. I just tried to explain it to someone who only has a passing familiarity with the lore, and it didn't quite translate.

Honestly, though... if it just ends up being an anniversary "best of" celebration with Eddie trappings... that's fine by me.
Sounds like a bunch of chainsaws and characters from previous zones

So it will probably be fun, but not my favorite

So, I posted this earlier last month in the Spec thread...

Yyyeup! Eddie's taking on Hollywood instead. (Oh, to have another Lights, Camera, Hacktion!)

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with the announcement of this one! Definitely feels like they're wanting to have as many throwbacks they possibly can with the meta "film of past scare zones" approach. I'll agree that'll probably get lost with most guests, but hey we're getting chainsaws, Eddie and even more characters.

I don't know if this is a better fit for here or the thread for Eddie's Revenge, but I have a hunch that the generic graveyard gates stage there is intended to represent the park-wide zone from 2012/22. They both seem to have the same color scheme of grey and light blues and purples, graveyard imagery, and the lack of a proper title besides the generic "HHN" (since I don't remember the "zone" having an actual title besides "The Legions of Horror"). Pretty excited for this zone if this is the case. Maybe the stage could have a rotating selection of Legion members per night?

Some thoughts from the construction thread. Felt like it would fit here, too.

Perhaps the last stage represents just a random mashup of some of the more iconic scare zone characters? I forget which year that scuba dude is from but I’m pretty sure it was 24 which was my first year. Great zone

Perhaps the last stage represents just a random mashup of some of the more iconic scare zone characters? I forget which year that scuba dude is from but I’m pretty sure it was 24 which was my first year. Great zone
Scuba dude is from Dead Man’s Wharf in HHN26

Last stage is potentially the Iniquitus from 2012 (Horror Unearthed) when the entire park was a graveyard rising from the ground.