Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth

Am I tripping or are there some scenes and creatures very similar to Creepshow? That box scene feels very similar to Hollywood. I could be reaching but that scene feels similar

This is a house I wanted to adore, but I really only was able to follow this house with the help of the community here. There is TOO much writing in this house, and the audio cues overlap too much to make sense of them. As a person that likes to read every plaque at a museum, I was AWARE I was missing lore and while I know I was supposed to keep moving, the house does not hang on it’s own WITHOUT some reading.

On the plus side, had some fantastic interactions: said hi to Boris and he tipped his hat at me, and then he started shooting up a monster, which was scary and cool. Also loved the “eye” monster and the jazz singer demon. The scenes need context, and a queue video going over each legion would have been STELLAR. I never heard “Tim’s” name the entire house. And we never learn what happened to Boris.

This is a house I wanted to adore, but I really only was able to follow this house with the help of the community here. There is TOO much writing in this house, and the audio cues overlap too much to make sense of them. As a person that likes to read every plaque at a museum, I was AWARE I was missing lore and while I know I was supposed to keep moving, the house does not hang on it’s own WITHOUT some reading.

On the plus side, had some fantastic interactions: said hi to Boris and he tipped his hat at me, and then he started shooting up a monster, which was scary and cool. Also loved the “eye” monster and the jazz singer demon. The scenes need context, and a queue video going over each legion would have been STELLAR. I never heard “Tim’s” name the entire house. And we never learn what happened to Boris.
You never find out what happened to Boris because Boris’s story concludes years after the events in the house.

Got a great run on Thursday. Hit every scare right and my friend was trying to run through by the end of it. Even saw stuff I never noticed the first 3 runs, like the 2nd Demon behind the curtain or Boris banging on the door in the Mannequin room.

My favorite house behind Wicked Growth, but it's extremely close. I agree there just isn't enough time to get all the story in, even after the six times I've gotten to walk through.

That Devil (possibly the Jersey Devil) at the end of this house is one of the most memorable face puppets ever IMO. The design of the Devil and the location of the scare is all great. It is also one of those puppets that I feel I have never missed...

That Devil (possibly the Jersey Devil) at the end of this house is one of the most memorable face puppets ever IMO. The design of the Devil and the location of the scare is all great. It is also one of those puppets that I feel I have never missed...
Agree, but you could see the devil from across the room. A full curtain separating the rooms is definitely missing and would make the scare that much better.