Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, the video's sucked, the itineraries look awful but Star Wars hasn't very inviting places to build a luxury vacation destination that doesn't look drab...except maybe for Cloud City above planet Bespin. Yes we need to go to the original trilogy but that would have been the better decision from the start.
View attachment 15707
Hop on board and be a guest in Cloud City
There are clean hallways where nasty things could happen.
star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-10404.jpg

But it also has dark secret areas like the Carbon Freeze room
episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-1980-341.png

Look who came to dinner?!
star-wars-thanksgiving-quiz-tall.jpg

It does cost an arm (or a hand) to stay here. But it's worth it.
8154833685_b1b508c1eb_b.jpg

As the luxury rooms are a joy to stay in.
c631ea88b9a4c50ac0e65479b1a9eaf4.jpg

--

Last edited:
Well, the video's sucked, the itineraries look awful but Star Wars hasn't very inviting places to build a luxury vacation destination that doesn't look drab...except maybe for Cloud City above planet Bespin. Yes we need to go to the original trilogy but that would have been the better decision from the start.
View attachment 15707
Hop on board and be a guest in Cloud City
There are clean hallways where nasty things could happen.
star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-10404.jpg

But it also has dark secret areas like the Carbon Freeze room
episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-1980-341.png

Look who came to dinner?!
star-wars-thanksgiving-quiz-tall.jpg

It does cost an arm (or a hand) to stay here. But it's worth it.
8154833685_b1b508c1eb_b.jpg

As the luxury rooms are a joy to stay in.
c631ea88b9a4c50ac0e65479b1a9eaf4.jpg

i may have spent $6k on a complete Bespim resort.

Same issue with Galaxy's edge, people want to visit familiar locations, not these random places. The only thing recognizable in SWGE is the Millennium Falcon. This is why all the Harry Potter lands are so popular and they got a huge boost of attendance from them. Galactic Star cruiser should have been notable places like Bespin, Alderaan, Coruscant, or even on an Imperial starcruiser!

Same issue with Galaxy's edge, people want to visit familiar locations, not these random places. The only thing recognizable in SWGE is the Millennium Falcon. This is why all the Harry Potter lands are so popular and they got a huge boost of attendance from them. Galactic Star cruiser should have been notable places like Bespin, Alderaan, Coruscant, or even on an Imperial starcruiser!

I don't even think it's "they don't want to visit new places", it's that new places have to do A LOT of heavy lifting to make it feel part of the universe and those are things that Disney just doesn't want to put the time or money into to do.

"Drunk3PO" dropped a handful of new details on the Midnight's Edge show on YouTube today, based on conversations with actors at the resort. Putting most in spoilers because some vague "plot" details:

"Big" show with Kylo and Ren is 30 minutes long. Rey uses the new lightsaber, only time you'll see it. Very "acrobatic" fight follows. Multiple storylines/endings being prepared, to adjust the show to any crowd. (E.g. when a smart-ass crowd wants to cheer the First Order.)

Rooms boring, to make you not want to spend a lot of time in them.

3 hour excursion to Batuu

At dinner, you'll share a table with an alien. Idea is that you'll interact. 3PO used the word "LARPing" a lot. Alien will also teach you card game.

First week is filled with influencers, presumably comped. 3PO knows at least two are.

No photos or videos inside, but will be provided by Disney. May be exception for influencers, like at HHN.

For that price, not a fan of possibly being scolded for taking my own family photos. Is that listed on the website now? Feel like you’d have to agree to something like that before paying.
Agreed this is a BIG issue for me. Pictures are so big for me as a tourist, so like...... unless they take official photos we can get online and download, this is bs.

I wonder how much cast members will enforce the "no photos or videos" rule. Like, can they really enforce the rule when guests are in their hotel rooms?
I think this will be a blackout, strip searches and confiscation as a condition of the trip.
What is DCL doing about bringing booze on board?
They don't let you go outside unless it is in the park so maybe a drone drop of camera or phone into the "special outdoor simulator"?

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
If I'm paying that much, you better believe I'm letting people know that I'm doing it. Don't they want positive buzz from regular people on social media? I'm assuming it's going to be as enforced as it currently is on Disney rides (very little).

unless they take official photos we can get online and download, this is bs.

I took the statement to mean this exactly. Whether there is an upcharge or included, who knows.

The rumors seem to suggest the LARPing element will be heavily pushed. They want you to put your phone away and dress up like a space pirate. They'll sell this not as "no pictures" (tho that is what it is) but rather "just relax and what let us handle the details."

There’s literally no way they can stop regular people from taking pictures of the rooms at a minimum, and realistically across the entire hotel.

I read that as media/“influencers” there on comps will be expected to use Disney’s photos/videos, which is pretty standard. Those “look at our news anchor riding this new ride” videos are all controlled by Disney.

Dinner with an alien *sounds* the the first thing that'll really be special with the experience. I hope it's not as cringe as it sounds.

That could be really special, but what will the alien look like? Will the alien be truly something out of worldly (like something you could find at the Mos Eisley Cantina) or like something we saw in the that infamous delated video? If it's the former, then that could be really amazing.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Cruises, including Disney, offer upcharge photo passes, and they take your picture constantly during anything even remotely memorable. But do they also prevent you from taking your own?

Reactions: therock
There is no conceivable way they can prevent people from having their phones on board, which, by default, means they can't stop people from taking pictures.

My reading of what was wrote above was that the influencer week would not have guests taking photos. Which would be in line with similar blackouts for new rides/lands. Can't post anything till it opens to the public. If the first week is all comped people, they can do that.