Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Concept art:

gsc-stack-top-cabin-bunk.png

Reality:

garbage+chute.jpg

There’s literally no way they can stop regular people from taking pictures of the rooms at a minimum, and realistically across the entire hotel.

Rooms, yeah, probably. But they're boring.

The implication remains if you whip out a phone or iPad during Little Johnny's lightsabre training or the dinner show, the Jedi Master will politely but firmly tell you such tech is not allowed by the First Order. Wouldn't be shocked if any material posted is quickly taken down by YouTube for copyright violations, but that's my own speculation.

And again, the focus seems to be on you being a space pirate, not a dad documenting your kid's day. Which I agree is the exact opposite of everything else pushed by WDW these days. This whole project is a series of odd choices.

I read that as media/“influencers” there on comps will be expected to use Disney’s photos/videos, which is pretty standard. Those “look at our news anchor riding this new ride” videos are all controlled by Disney.

My take from 3PO was influencers will be allowed to film certain scenes the first week or two--just like in HHN houses during media night. Remember the Trackers and a few others had video of select rooms, but as a rule the general public is not allowed to take photos inside a house. These really isn't that strange a rule during theatrical productions, and your entire time in this resort (other than in your room) is one long theatrical production.

Rooms, yeah, probably. But they're boring.

The implication remains if you whip out a phone or iPad during Little Johnny's lightsabre training or the dinner show, the Jedi Master will politely but firmly tell you such tech is not allowed by the First Order. Wouldn't be shocked if any material posted is quickly taken down by YouTube for copyright violations, but that's my own speculation.

And again, the focus seems to be on you being a space pirate, not a dad documenting your kid's day. Which I agree is the exact opposite of everything else pushed by WDW these days. This whole project is a series of odd choices.

My take from 3PO was influencers will be allowed to film certain scenes the first week or two--just like in HHN houses during media night. Remember the Trackers and a few others had video of select rooms, but as a rule the general public is not allowed to take photos inside a house. These really isn't that strange a rule during theatrical productions, and your entire time in this resort (other than in your room) is one long theatrical production.
Intellectually, all of that makes perfect sense and is completely logical. But I don’t pay $6000 to go to HHN. So it still stings.

I know of one CM who was chosen to preview GC in some capacity. He signed an NDA as part of that preview, but the few crumbs I got were positive. I'm sure if there are CMs previewing it (NDA or not) there'll be more info coming out bit by bit. Every CM preview no matter what the security around it has had leaks...

Intellectually, all of that makes perfect sense and is completely logical. But I don’t pay $6000 to go to HHN. So it still stings.

An HHN house that lasts 3 days might cost $6K.

Besides, should I ever decide to do this, I certainly wouldn’t want to worry about 299 people I don’t know filming me while I’m making an ass out of myself in a space pirate costume.

It's also a 180 from the "you're a bad parent if you don't get pics of your kids on Dumbo and with the princesses" philosophy Disney has tacitly endorsed for over a decade. And a big chunk of the justification for dropping this kind of money is giving your neighbor what-for about how you could afford to do it. Ultimately everything about this feels like it was developed by people out-of-touch with modern guests, like NBAX before it.

I know of one CM who was chosen to preview GC in some capacity. He signed an NDA as part of that preview, but the few crumbs I got were positive. I'm sure if there are CMs previewing it (NDA or not) there'll be more info coming out bit by bit. Every CM preview no matter what the security around it has had leaks...

Previews start middle of Jan. I know someone going as a guest of a CM of the hotel.

It's also a 180 from the "you're a bad parent if you don't get pics of your kids on Dumbo and with the princesses" philosophy Disney has tacitly endorsed for over a decade. And a big chunk of the justification for dropping this kind of money is giving your neighbor what-for about how you could afford to do it. Ultimately everything about this feels like it was developed by people out-of-touch with modern guests, like NBAX before it.

Wonder if Disney will sell "you don't need to take photos we'll take them for you" as an aspect of the experience once they dial this in.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I'll admit I didn’t watch the 3PO video until just now - I don’t know how “photos and videos of certain parts of the Starcruiser will not be allowed or permitted or posted - they will have a photographer there that will take pictures that you can buy later” got turned into "No photos or videos inside." That's a big difference, and we also don't know (nor would I expect actors or frontline CMs to really know) if they just include the pictures.

Also, the influencer part sounds exactly like I thought it would work: "They are going to allow certain influencers, Youtubers, and bloggers to have special access to photos and videos that they're able to share on their network." Take for example the lightsaber experience - I suspect it'll be a highly-controlled setup where Disney will rig a camera or two at the angle they want shown with some not-typically-there lighting so you can actually make out the person's expressions. There's no chance they're giving a bunch of bloggers free reign of taking videos of the no-video-allowed parts.

As someone who has criticized the place as a poorly-executed mediocre idea, the criticisms at this point have kinda jumped the shark. I think it's perfectly fair to restrict photography in the lightsaber room where someone will be swinging a giant stick around, or of the dinner show which is pretty typical of theatrical productions. The legitimate issues have gotten buried under lol'ing and conjecture - things like the cost of building this hasn't really been hinted at but you can bet you'd fall out of your chair if it was. Or, do they have enough equity staffing.

Previews start middle of Jan. I know someone going as a guest of a CM of the hotel.
Testing/previews of various things have been going on for a while, hence why I posted
I wonder if some details will start to trickle out after this weekend…
back in October. Whole thing beginning to end - correct, that hasn't started.

Last edited:
Valet parks the car when you pull up to the lobby. They park it at the connected lot closer to the theme park parking.

There has to be a self park option too right? Not everyone is going to let someone else drive their vehicle. What about if you uber or bus from the airport? They letting them drop you at the door as well?

There has to be a self park option too right? Not everyone is going to let someone else drive their vehicle. What about if you uber or bus from the airport? They letting them drop you at the door as well?
If they do allow self park, it’s a bit of a walk from your car. The super extremely expensive resort includes the perk of “free valet,” but reality is it’s because the parking lot isn’t very close.