Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
UOR keeps teasing the bananas so maybe they do announce it soon and it's for 2022. I feel turned upside down now lol
Also, yeah, this. I don't see how Minions doesn't open this year. It really shouldn't take that long to take out the props of a very lightly-themed queue, pre-show and theater and turn it into a (presumably) screen-based walkthrough.

Also also, unrelated, but are they handing out tickets for the final show ala Terminator?

"Bananagate"!!!
Representatives of the International Union for Minions have denied their involvement in the sporadic appearance of bananas across the Universal Orlando Resort, insisting that their appearance is an effort to pit Minions against ogre-kind. As noted by Union President Kevin and reinforced by co-president Bob in a subsequent interview, Minions would never leave bananas, with which they have a sacred spiritual bond, baking half-eaten in the sun. 'Every child on this planet knows that Minions eat their bananas whole', Kevin said, as he pushed an unpeeled banana down his gullet with a single gulp.'"

Last edited:
Swap your last two.
I saw on theme park university there was a trolls trackless dark ride in development at one point but got shelved (at least at this point in time) for cost reasons. Maybe in a few years time this could be revived and in 2026 maybe a Trolls land could replace KidZone as i believe that has been rumored for some time now.

I want to be a fly on the wall for the meeting where someone pitches to a Universal Executive “Let’s just.... take some nice banana pictures?” to market their next attraction.

I love it.

I've always wondered what the relationship is between the social media team and Universal Creative.

Like, I'd imagine that the social media team are always kept in the dark until they need to know to avoid any slip ups.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
That’s the same banana in every picture. The real mystery here is why did the minions not finish the banana but move it randomly:lol:
Perhaps the banana was consumed in a very particular way. Eating half of the banana straightens the banana, allowing it to act as an arrow towards a given location. Based on the position and 'vector' of the bananas, it might be possible to triangulate the exact area which each image points to.

EDIT: As stupid as this is, it actually kind of works.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I've always wondered what the relationship is between the social media team and Universal Creative.

Like, I'd imagine that the social media team are always kept in the dark until they need to know to avoid any slip ups.
Probably in late stages of marketing. Maybe someone goes to an intern “Hey can you take this banana and this camera and take photos of this, don’t eat it, just place it infront of recognizable places in Studios.”

Imagine getting that assignment.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I really don't understand what these bananas could possibly be teasing. Maybe it's a new projection system for Minion Mayhem? Enchanced effects?

There is no way they're announcing Villan-Con this early on (especially if it's just a temporary thing).

Maybe it's new merch? Man, I'm really confused haha.

I really don't understand what these bananas could possibly be teasing. Maybe it's a new projection system for Minion Mayhem? Enchanced effects?

There is no way they're announcing Villan-Con this early on (especially if it's just a temporary thing).

Maybe it's new merch? Man, I'm really confused haha.
Villain Con isn’t temporary. It’s probably going to be as permanent as something as Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies.

And with a people conveyor system instead of walking, I wonder if it technically counts as a ride?

Reactions: Pacific
So weird. Here at the park now, absolutely nothing to signify today's the last ride ever.
When I was there, the TM's were doing their best to let everyone know about it. I saw quite a few guests surprised about the news.

And yeah, the preshow is clearly the best part of the ride. The show itself is kind of just a film with no conceit of "You're in the story!" like Minion Mayhem, or really any of Uni's current lineup. I truly believe if Shrek was given a new post-Potter style ride/land it could be incredible. Shrek 4D is dated, but Shrek itself is honestly pretty timeless.