Mardi Gras 2022 (Feb 5 - April 24) | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2022 (Feb 5 - April 24)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 15, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see concerts coming back. Even though I usually don't care for the choice of music acts that Universal brings in, it's still fun to have.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Nice length Mardi Gras concert season with the late Easter..... I enjoyed my initial one day at the 2020 Festival (opening day before covid hit) that I know Alene would
enjoy it immensely, so we've already discussed moving our traditional spring Universal vacation to Orlando from May to sometime in March/April. Definitely looking forward to this.
I especially enjoyed the street dance party, probably my fav part of the event.

When do Universal normally announce the concerts and/or provide further information on the event?

Coming across the pond for a twice cancelled trip, so trying out mardi gras for the first time. Never been that time of year either, any comments on crowd levels vs HHN? We're there Feb 4th to 11th.

When do Universal normally announce the concerts and/or provide further information on the event?

Coming across the pond for a twice cancelled trip, so trying out mardi gras for the first time. Never been that time of year either, any comments on crowd levels vs HHN? We're there Feb 4th to 11th.

Mid January.

Reactions: Jeepers Reaper
Line-up is out.

Solid country acts, which surprises me a bit (maybe Sea World has been quietly killing it the past couple years). Jason Derulo probably closes the park down again, Marshmello might. But probably half this list interchangeable with Flower & Garden.

ETA: six new floats! Given 2020 was cut short by weeks, I'd have been ok with a repeat of that parade.

Concert line up just announced:

Feb 5 - Sugar Ray
Feb 12 - Diana Ross
Feb 19 - Barenaked Ladies
Feb 20 - Styx
Feb 26 - Jon Pardi
Mar 5 - LL Cool J
Mar 6 - Marshmello
Mar 12 - Lee Brice
Mar 13 - Becky G
Mar 18 - Khalid
Mar 19 - Seal
Mar 20 - Gavin Degraw
Mar 25 - The Revivalists
Mar 26 - Jimmie Allen
Mar 27 - Jason Derulo

More info incoming!

Reactions: MrRoamer
The feet will not fail us! Universal Orlando Resort has announced details – including the concert headliners – at this year’s Mardi Gras 2022 event – taking place February 5 to April 24 at Universal Studios Florida.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Nothing that I'll be going to see but a decent list - Lee Brice has definitely done SeaWorld in the past.

Do the concerts usually end a month before the event does or is that a function of Easter/spring breaks being so late this year so they're just stretching the event to cover those weeks?

A couple I'd go see, just wonder how many cancel if this Covid wave doesn't get better soon. Diana Ross is 77-- not exactly a safe from Covid demographic.

Line-up is out.

Solid country acts, which surprises me a bit (maybe Sea World has been quietly killing it the past couple years). Jason Derulo probably closes the park down again, Marshmello might. But probably half this list interchangeable with Flower & Garden.

ETA: six new floats! Given 2020 was cut short by weeks, I'd have been ok with a repeat of that parade.
Becky G and Khalid will be very popular as well.

Ahhh, we've been waiting for that announcement...and AP hotel discount rates came out with it....I only attended Mardi Gras one day back in Feb. 2020 before covid hit. It was an unplanned Orlando visit to see my visiting UK friend Mark and Disneyhead. First day of MG and it was cold and rainy....but I loved it. I knew then I'd be back for a longer stay. Alene is all excited about the trip. She's been to Mardi Gras in Newlins, and can't wait to party in the streets of Universal. So we leave on March 3rd, and stay until March 12th. A bit shorter than normal vacation, but still plenty of time. Good AP prices for a CBBR suite. We just love that hotel for it's price point and amenities. Portofino and RP are a bit too expensive during Mardi Gras season, but we'll be at one of those come the November trip.

Ahhh, we've been waiting for that announcement...and AP hotel discount rates came out with it....I only attended Mardi Gras one day back in Feb. 2020 before covid hit. It was an unplanned Orlando visit to see my visiting UK friend Mark and Disneyhead. First day of MG and it was cold and rainy....but I loved it. I knew then I'd be back for a longer stay. Alene is all excited about the trip. She's been to Mardi Gras in Newlins, and can't wait to party in the streets of Universal. So we leave on March 3rd, and stay until March 12th. A bit shorter than normal vacation, but still plenty of time. Good AP prices for a CBBR suite. We just love that hotel for it's price point and amenities. Portofino and RP are a bit too expensive during Mardi Gras season, but we'll be at one of those come the November trip.

She may be disappointed…I got yelled at by Security for trying to replicate the real Bourbon Street experience :(

Seriously though this is a surprisingly good lineup. Expected them to whiff because of COVID but this might be better than the last few years? No MAJOR headliners but pretty consistent and no big stinkers either.

What’s the difference between the lanyard and the gift cards? Is it confirmed the gift cards won’t be sold at a small discount like the lanyards were?

What’s the difference between the lanyard and the gift cards? Is it confirmed the gift cards won’t be sold at a small discount like the lanyards were?
I can assume it is like the EPCOT festival cards, where there is no real discount/benefit, you are just pre-loading your money onto the card so you don't have to keep pulling your payment method out (and subsequently not really considering as much how quickly you are burning through money, lol). Much like exchanging quarters for arcade tokens of the same value, all you've really done is just mark that cash as irredeemable anywhere other than the Mardi Gras

The funny thing about Sugar Ray is I wouldn’t be surprised if theyre playing that concert before/after doing a multi-day stint at Flower & Garden :lol:

Reactions: SeventyOne