Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Shrek sounds like a good idea. :eek:O: :) :lol:

:look:

:look:
I checked your plan out. A Shrek land. Nice concept. :thumbsup:.....I agree.

Incidentally, total sell-through for Animal Crossing: New Horizons has exceeded 10 million units in Japan alone, far surpassing the record 6.81 million units of 1985's Super Mario Bros., and it is the single bestselling video game ever in Japan.

Animal Crossing come to Japan after donkey kong?

Really the only ride I can imagine with AC is a slow moving boat ride themed to the four seasons with different animals walking around and waving at you

In other words, something Universal would probably never do lol

And of course a land with some walkthrough houses, maybe the museum and Nook's Cranny

This thread has been quiet for a while lmao

Anyways, I wonder if we might start seeing separate Super Nintendo World parks now that Universal is expanding into regional parks. Super Nintendo World London or Paris makes a lot of sense.

This thread has been quiet for a while lmao

Anyways, I wonder if we might start seeing separate Super Nintendo World parks now that Universal is expanding into regional parks. Super Nintendo World London or Paris makes a lot of sense.
Nintendo from statements seems to have nothing against an entire park for them so I could see it happening after these locations open and if they are successful

Yoshi ride would be easily enough to make work at smaller parks like this, and might be the way they can finally get "smaller" Ips like Kirby or Spatoon in theme parks.

Man, it's so unlikely and I've got my expectations tempered, but I've had dreams of a full Nintendo park since I was a kid. So I won't lie when my first thought at the end of Alicia's new video wasn't something like this...

thsrtjhjtsj.jpg

But,,,,,,, if there were a hypothetical minipark, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, DKC, Kirby would be likely frontrunners, with maybeeeee Splatoon and AC poking in a bit. Maybe some references to Pikmin, Star Fox, Smash, and Metroid. But that's probably where they'd stop. I do wonder where exactly a park like that could be successful, if there even could be a successful regional Nintendo-only park.

I don't think it's financially viable to have a non-Universal single IP park. Remember the gate, concession, and merch sales cuts in addition to the frequent audits. These big non-Uni IP parks "feel" like something that'll remain at the main resorts.

I don't think it's financially viable to have a non-Universal single IP park. Remember the gate, concession, and merch sales cuts in addition to the frequent audits. These big non-Uni IP parks "feel" like something that'll remain at the main resorts.
Maybe but at the very least still think its the best way we will see smaller IP's added to the parks sooner besides merch and cute photo ops.

I mean you can easily just use the Yoshi ride and make it Kirby or just make them flat rides themed to Nintendo IP

Its all bluesky and fun to hope for it and who knows maybe Nintendo could make the deal better by giving them better contracts for those Nintendo only parks and maybe even extend their current deal to a much longer date if they agree to run the parks.