Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
I'm seriously getting concerned about the T-Rex's jaw. It hasn't opened in a while.

We’ll find out in a few days when they re-open if it’s fixed. It was stuck in Dec when we last went. Really sad because no matter how bad some other parts of the ride have got that finale was always amazing. His jaw being stuck really took you out of it.

We’ll find out in a few days when they re-open if it’s fixed. It was stuck in Dec when we last went. Really sad because no matter how bad some other parts of the ride have got that finale was always amazing. His jaw being stuck really took you out of it.
I honestly find it hilarious and sad. JP is one of their biggest IPs yet they neglect the main attraction built for it. We've got an Ultrasaurus with a broken neck, a stiff Parasaurolophus, Raptors with a stroke problem, and now a T-rex with jaw paralysis.

Imo they should update this to JW for 2024. USF will have had 2 new attractions by then, while IOA doesn’t need it per say, I don’t see other cheaper options for a 2024 new attraction except upgrading this. Not that it’s cheap, but cheaper than fully replacing something else at the resort.

Just rode it this weekend. The ride is in bad shape. This is worst I've seen it after a refurb.

The "raptor" in the trees had almost no shrubbery. Totally kills the effect. The compys fighting over the shirt were showing way too much mechanics I'd never seen before (the shirt was was not spread out far enough so you can the bar they're attached to.

First raptor, no motion... Second raptor, super limited in motion... T-Rex jaw, no movement.

If they didn't fix it while it was offline, then when? Everyone, get on a plane to USH and ride JW instead because woof.

Just rode it this weekend. The ride is in bad shape. This is worst I've seen it after a refurb.

The "raptor" in the trees had almost no shrubbery. Totally kills the effect. The compys fighting over the shirt were showing way too much mechanics I'd never seen before (the shirt was was not spread out far enough so you can the bar they're attached to.

First raptor, no motion... Second raptor, super limited in motion... T-Rex jaw, no movement.

If they didn't fix it while it was offline, then when? Everyone, get on a plane to USH and ride JW instead because woof.

I have to imagine they won't want their second top-billed attraction in the land to look terrible for the release of the new film, but maybe they are just riding it out for a complete shutdown and upgrade in the near future. The last time I rode it in october the animatronics had Dudley Do-Right Movements. Pretty unacceptable. Maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed if I wasn't there for the rides opening and remember what it used to be.

Prior to Velocicoaster, I thought the JW makeover was a bad idea. JPRA isn't in a bad state, it's in a sad state. JW from USH can't come soon enough.

A JW ride & land conversion would be a cheap way to promote something "new" against Tron in 2023/24.

I'm all for it. If it means the ride gets the upgrade it needs then I'm sorry, JP has to make way for JW. I know the reports say they don't have the budget to do it, but do you really want the current state of the ride to be promoting the IP? I wouldn't.

Did they even refurbish anything ?

Maybe they just wanted to inspect the ride to see what changes need to be made in the future. I’m pretty sure they have something substantial planned but are waiting for the right time.

I honestly loved the Jurassic World makeover at Hollywood after riding it. I think Orlando should go a similar route but not make it an exact copy. Having the Indominus Rex and T Rex at the same time for the finale is a must though IMO.

Did they even refurbish anything ?

Maybe they just wanted to inspect the ride to see what changes need to be made in the future. I’m pretty sure they have something substantial planned but are waiting for the right time.
The winter shutdowns are generally used to repair the water rides- they drain the systems to repair/do yearly maintenance on them rather than actual refurbs.

The winter shutdowns are generally used to repair the water rides- they drain the systems to repair/do yearly maintenance on them rather than actual refurbs.
This. If the T-Rex jaw is still not fixed it's likely because they're waiting on parts and not because they're just ignoring it outright. That said, I'd like to imagine at least some of the broken effects will be fixed between now and Dominion opening.

The cost of a full revamp of the ride on the scale that Hollywood got is rumored to be similar in cost to the entire Velocicoaster expansion so I still think IF it gets a JW treatment it will be smaller in scope. Updated boats, signage, refurbished dinos, and one new dino at the climax. I'd still prefer if they just kept it JP, updated the existing animatronics and keeping everything else pretty much the same.

This. If the T-Rex jaw is still not fixed it's likely because they're waiting on parts and not because they're just ignoring it outright. That said, I'd like to imagine at least some of the broken effects will be fixed between now and Dominion opening.

The cost of a full revamp of the ride on the scale that Hollywood got is rumored to be similar in cost to the entire Velocicoaster expansion so I still think IF it gets a JW treatment it will be smaller in scope. Updated boats, signage, refurbished dinos, and one new dino at the climax. I'd still prefer if they just kept it JP, updated the existing animatronics and keeping everything else pretty much the same.
Crichton's contract with Universal ends after Dominion. They changed the name to JW to keep the timeline moving forward without using the JP name. At some point it has to change to JW unless they want to pay royalties to his estate.

Getting rid of the mosasaurus screen tunnel at the start of the ride and instead plussing-up the existing lagoon scene would be where I'd start.
No way! I love that scene and reveal. The music, the size of the "tank", the cheap shots of water...I think it's a lot of fun and less likely to break down.