The Book of Boba Fett | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Book of Boba Fett

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Echoing what has been said prior, I am of the same mind that Han and Qi-Ra will be in the finale. Qi-Ra, as the post credits with Cad reporting the events. I do not think Season 3 is going to touch on Mandalore. In-fact, I am willing to bet Season 3 is going to focus on the Pykes, the conflicts in other planets as Djinn is sent by Boba to scout the other Pyke strongholds. That would also allow them to set up for the sake of Ahsoka, Lando, and other DIsney+ SW projects. Especially with Bo-Katan rumored to get her own show (And one that I hope is led by BDH), Mandalore should not be the priority.

Honestly, a big part of my issue is that we're basically seeing AARP Fett here and it just doesn't click with me even in the first four episodes because they did a major thing wrong. They said in interviews leading up to the show something to the effect that we were going to see Boba as a badass pretty much. He's been far from it in this show and he's barely been in any action scenes in the entire series.

Also season 2 of Mando was way better than season 1, not sure how it went over the top.
----------------------
Speculation for finale episode:
I have a feeling we're going to see both Qi'ra AND Han in the finale, but I hope they do Han right as in, let's pull another deepfake. Maybe Alden Ehrenreich can be a body double, but in an ideal world, with the technology we have now, they would make Han look like Harrison Ford did shortly after ROTJ.
Mando season 2 is amazing but this show to me is showing that they are going wayyyyy to hard on the "remember" this

In Mando season 1 we got Mando, Grogu, Greef (Carls Weathers Character), IG -11, Care Dune, Moff Gideon, Mayfeild, Kuill and Raser Crest. I was amazing how much "new" we got

Boba in ways tried this but at this point its just....here is Jedi because you will be excited. If people didn't want a build up to the main villain...fine but to me I'd have liked him to appear at the end of Episode 2 and liked more flashbacks of back story on the side characters.

I've said my piece on this but besides the excitement of seeing characters we like most people seem to also not like how this is Mando season 3 build up in a Boba Fett show. This show should have been about him and his new gang, if others wanted something else...cool but if in the Middle of Hawkeye, Falcon showed up and took over the show for an episode and a half I think most people would have disliked that too even if it was good (which the Mando stuff is all amazing but its the wrong show or they should have made more episodes)

You have to remember Luke has about perhaps a month or 2 worth of training, at this point Grogu actually has decades more training but is essentially having to relearn/unlock it all again. Luke leaving Yoda and going to Cloud City did exactly what Yoda said, nothing other then him losing a hand to Vader and almost dying. His decision affected nothing his attachment to his friends got in the way of his training. So from a certain point of view Luke's decision to distance from attachment makes perfect sense the same as Ashoka agrees with Luke, she saw her master fall to the Dark Side due to his attachment to Padme. All the people that have trained him have shown that attachment is bad for a Jedi.

I'm nervously excited for the finale, mostly because Robert Rodriguez is directing it and imo, his episodes have been the worst of the season. I don't mean to stomp on Robert Rodriguez like that, but if this episode isn't up to snuff, then i'll 100% believe that the reason this season was all over the place like it was is because he's the showrunner.

Hopefully in a short while i'll be blessed with a good finale and this will all be moot, but I can't help but be nervous going into the finale with him directing, which says a lot.

Overall, I like a lot of the things they did in this series, but it was a scattered series as a whole. I’m left slightly confused at what they were aiming for tbh.

This would be the first genre series D+ has done that I’d say is an overall letdown for me.

Finale was good if a little rushed. Nothing mind blowing. The fight with Cad Bane was REALLY underwhelming (although I don’t buy for a second that Cad is dead) and even in the finale Din and Grogu took up a ton of screen time.

Boba on the Rancor was cool and almost everything with Grogu was great. For the series, I really only had my expectations surpassed with Episodes 5 & 6. I’m no big Boba fan myself, but I know a TON of people will not like this episode or series as a whole. The finale episode felt like a big boss battle shoot out at the end of a video game and it was just that for a solid hour and I don’t mean that positively.

Also, why tf did they waste a post-credits scene on Cobb Vanth in a bacta tank? Clearly Vanth was alive after getting shot, but we didn’t need that right this second lol.

Overall, I like a lot of the things they did in this series, but it was a scattered series as a whole. I’m left slightly confused at what they were aiming for tbh.

Finale was good if a little rushed. Nothing mind blowing. The fight with Cad Bane was REALLY underwhelming (although I don’t buy for a second that Cad is dead) and even in the finale Din and Grogu took up a ton of screen time.

Boba on the Rancor was cool and almost everything with Grogu was great. For the series, I really only was had my expectations surpassed with Episodes 5 & 6. I’m no big Boba fan myself, but I know a TON of people will not like this episode or series as a whole. The finale episode felt like a big boss battle shoot out at the end of a video game and it was just that for a solid hour and I don’t mean that positively.

Also, why tf did they waste a post-credits scene on Cobb Vanth in a bacta tank? Clearly Vanth was alive after getting shot, but we didn’t need that right this second lol.
Agreed on all counts. Even the last shot reminded me this wasn’t even about Boba after episode 5.

The Book of Boba Fett is a show that could've had a lot of potential--if it wasn't for the show feeing like a jumbling act that lost it's handling about a quarter of a way through it's act.

My problem lies in too much time being taken place in past tense, when they should've had the show mostly in present tense. Focusing on Tatooine, focusing on the various gangs and groups. Keep Boba in, show him as we see as a restrained man looking to find a ground that does not go simply towards the past methods he has done, but it didn't work. I really think the problem here lies in the flashbacks, in that it should've been trimmed down to only being the first two episodes and that's it.

I would've cared for the Space-Vespa gang if I was given a reason to justify caring for them, same with many of the other members. The only ones I have attachment towards, is Mando, Grogu, Peli, and Cobb. Other than that it was a wash (Even for Boba, which I think was unfortunately dumbed down thanks to the bloated flashbacks).

Not everything needs to be shown, nor told. And while I love the first episode, and love 5, 6, and 7, this should not of been a legitimate show. It should've been morphed into The Mandalorian S3.

(did I really just not talk about Episode 7, but harbored my thoughts of the series as a whole? yes. yes I did.)

Reactions: lowbudget
The ending episode was fun watch. I did enjoy it, but I think it comes down to I like majority of the characters and seeing them play off of each other.

This felt more like a greatest hits of Star Wars content, and while it doesn't push the envelope, it more of a fun romp through the goings on of Tatooine.

In hindsight, you could've called this miniseries the Battle for Tatooine, treat it like an anthology/comic book miniseries, and each episode more focused on a faction and build to an explosion in the finale:

1. Set up/Boba
2. Tusken Raiders/more Boba
3. Hutts/Pykes/mayor.
4. the Mods/end the Hutts plot
5. Mando
6. Cobb Vanth/Freetown
7. Battle

Boba didn't/couldn't carry this because he didn't have enough conviction beyond saying "I want to be the boss (aka I want to have a family)" I think it would've helped if Cad Bane showed up earlier with it being unknown who he's working for or trying to get a piece to be a dark mirror of someone trying to just profit at the cost of others vs Boba's empire building. That, combined with their history could've been a dramatic focus and help define Boba throughout the series.

Now the final lines of not sure wanting to run the place, one review I read said it's setting up Cobb Vanth to become the new head of Tatooine. Not sure, but could be an interesting angle.

Also, Fennec was truly unleashed in her scene with the heads. That was great, but it would've been nice if Boba was there too to gloat/do the job. He's not truly earned the seats because he cleaned the board, albeit reluctantly.

Ultimately, I think this show botched Boba Fett, as a character, in some pretty fundamental ways. It was never made clear-enough what his objectives were, why he had such a radical change of heart compared to the Original Trilogy, and exactly why he thought taking over a massive organized crime outfit made sense to him. The show sidestepped any clarity on those matters to its detriment.

And if they truly...
killed Cad Bane after just introducing him (in live action)
... that would be a gigantic mistake.

I'm gonna do a quick stock watch for my temperatures on most characters based on events in this series. I'm very high on most everyone in this series, but the one i'm lowest on is the title character and basically the main villain. So while there was a lot of good Star Wars stuff in this series, if you mess up with the title character and the villain, i'm not gonna be over the moon about it.

Book of Boba Fett
Boba Fett (Near Market crash/Sell)
Fennec Shand (Buy)
Cad Bane (Sell) - We saw very little of him, and while he was badass, they did him extremely dirty with something that seemed right out of a Filoni wet dream.
Tusken Raiders (Buy)
Pyke Syndicate (Sell) - They were the main antagonists in this series and were severely underdeveloped and then killed by the wrong person (Boba should've done it, not Fennec given what they did to the Tuskan's).
Vespa Gang/Cyborgs (Low Entry/Growth Potential)
Black Krrsantan (Buy) - Somehow both didn't meet my expectations of being the anti-Chewbacca, but I still loved him.
Fett's Rancor (Buy)

Mando 2.5
Din Djarin (Buy)
The Armorer (Buy)
Paz Vizsla (Buy)
Luke (Buy)
Luke Deepfake (Buy)
Ahsoka Tano (Hold) - Pointless cameo for all intents and purposes. There's really no reason she needed to be in the series.
Grogu (Buy)
Peli Motto (Sell) - She's grown on me a bit, but I still dislike her overall, although she does balance out Mando's serious side a bit.
N-1 Starfighter (Buy)
Cobb Vanth (Buy)

Reactions: belloq87
All I can say for this series is . . . Meh.

It’s sad that two best episodes were the ones that didn’t involve Boba Fett. I thought the series finale was quite underwhelming and felt very rushed. If we’re getting a season 2, I just hope that Robert Rodriguez doesn’t direct any episodes, because so far they have been mediocre.

Its really surprising. Before, I was more excited about Boba Fett than Mandalorian, but now? I’m more excited for Mandalorian Season 3 than a BoBF Season 2.

You know what actually? I don’t even know if I want a season 2 at all? I’m just very worried of what they’ll do with Boba in the future. I can only hope that they do him justice in another season.

Well with Grogu choosing the armor, we didn’t get one final scene with Luke on what he thought about it? Oh god, please don’t tell me he is going to stick with old flawed ways of the Jedi, because what I was SERIOUSLY hoping for them to avoid.

The fight between Boba and Bane really felt rushed . I seriously hope they didn’t kill Cad Bane off. I really felt they should’ve been building up to him at the start of the series rather than throwing him in on episode 6.

And that post credit scene, really? Cob Vanth was shot in the shoulder, so we know he lives. Did they really have to show him getting cybernetics? I felt they wasted a potential post-credit scene that can tease an upcoming series or another character.

Reactions: Nico
I liked it, the Tone was dark and nothing was easy like it normally is. Was it over the top? Sure at times but think the action was really great and besides Bane being killed in one fight I think the show ended in a way that makes sense. I just wish we got more backstory on the side characters and more time with boba and think this story would have worked better.

Still had fun, and while not up to Mando standards. I enjoyed the show

There were some directorial choices in this episode that were just extremely stupid. I'm talking specifically about whenFennec was narrating who was going to be where around Mos Espa. The dialogue was fine there, but then you look at what the director chose to do and it's like he treated the audience as if we're stupid.

Reactions: Nico and HalfGlass
There were some directorial choices in this episode that were just extremely stupid. I'm talking specifically about whenFennec was narrating who was going to be where around Mos Espa. The dialogue was fine there, but then you look at what the director chose to do and it's like he treated the audience as if we're stupid.

There we’re definitely some stylistic references to other films in this. That montage specifically felt like the Oceans series. There were also some attempts at The Godfather 2 ending. I almost wish they made the whole thing be more Godfather if that’s what they were going for.

I’m glad I got my scene with Grogu in the droid slot. I also agree having the villain show up in episode 6 was a mistake. The whole narrative was in flashbacks, we should have focused on Bane in them.

There we’re definitely some stylistic references to other films in this. That montage specifically felt like the Oceans series. There were also some attempts at The Godfather 2 ending. I almost wish they made the whole thing be more Godfather if that’s what they were going for.

I’m glad I got my scene with Grogu in the droid slot. I also agree having the villain show up in episode 6 was a mistake. The whole narrative was in flashbacks, we should have focused on Bane in them.
When Grogu jumped into Din's arm's it really got me. It's so stupid because it's a dude in a helmet (and we've only seen his face about 3 times) and a puppet, but the chemistry between the two characters is amazing.

I don't want to see a ton more of Luke, but I would like to see a scene or two where we see him with young Kylo eventually, which would potentially lead us to a point where we could see a quick cameo of Han & Leia real quick. I'd think Billie Lourde could do some body double work for her mother and maybe even provide new dialogue.

Here is the thing as is...the show is like a 6/10 because of how they did it.

similar to how I didn't love Hawkeye show...I think this show also way too much focuses way to much on other characters and stories...we just dont need unless you have more time of them

I hope Boba gets a season 2 and its ALL him. Do some flashbacks to him as a kid, as a hunter, and then show him now kicking ass. The main actor wants the next season to be him huting Mace Windo...which could fit in with Mando and lead to an interesting in fighting within the Mando characters...so I would be up for that

But also find it funny...Fett is cool but unless Mace is like Blind and wants to die...at least from what we have seen Boba can't take Mace..lol

Hawkeye was way better than this show and anytime the show focused on present day Fett, the show sunk. The flashbacks with Tuskans was good. The Mando stuff was great. Fennec and BK were great. But when we focused on modern Boba Fett, this show simply fell apart at the seams.

I personally think they just didn’t know what to do with him.

Hawkeye was way better than this show and anytime the show focused on present day Fett, the show sunk. The flashbacks with Tuskans was good. The Mando stuff was great. Fennec and BK were great. But when we focused on modern Boba Fett, this show simply fell apart at the seams.

I personally think they just didn’t know what to do with him.
I mean, it comes to editing and I agree they had no idea what to do with him.

But by the end it was full of so much fun, I like parts of it more than other shows but overall it feels poorly edited, not enough focus on the main character/s, not enough episodes for a WAR wasting an amazing villain.

In my opinion Hawkeye is the only decent show there has been on D+. Sure the fighting was a bit slapstick like but the rest was decent.
I'm just saying I have similar issues with both

Espcially here is an amazing big bad....who just loses because hero plot armor. Like my brain literally forgets Kinpin was in the show because of how poorly he was used and bet the same will happen with Bane from this show