The Book of Boba Fett | Inside Universal Forums

The Book of Boba Fett

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Coming December 2021. This is the next "chapter" Kathleen Kennedy was talking about. Season 3 of Mandalorian will release in 2022, not at the same time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
From what it sounds like; this and Mando 3 (Mando Takes Manhattan in my eyes ;) ) will be shot back to back, and that The Mandalorian 3 is in pre-production.

To address the obvious: I thank god they're having Robert on for this project in some way. His work on Chapter Fourteen was amazing and really gave a reason to why Boba Fett was this badass.

From what it sounds like; this and Mando 3 (Mando Takes Manhattan in my eyes ;) ) will be shot back to back, and that The Mandalorian 3 is in pre-production.

To address the obvious: I thank god they're having Robert on for this project in some way. His work on Chapter Fourteen was amazing and really gave a reason to why Boba Fett was this badass.
I wonder if it was Robert who actually shot the post credit sequence?

I actually think Chapter 14 was saved by the use of cool Star Wars *things* and was kind of a weak episode from Jon on the writing side of things. Dark Troopers, Storm Troopers, Grogu using the Force to call the Jedi, and Boba Fett looking like a PG-13 John Wick (and Fennec - I'm so happy Ming-Na is in the Star Wars universe as a leading character) saved the show from plot holes and just flat out stupid character moments.

And I'm not saying it was bad, because I honestly think there's only one episode out of the 16 total I would classify as "bad" (Chapter 5). Robert Rodriguez definitely provided an action packed episode though (in only 33 minutes). I'm not sure if he's going to direct that whole series or what, but having him around I think will help in terms of providing a keen eye for action.

If he helps them with the action scenes and some of the shooting thats more than enough for me.
Also I it is nice knowing Boba got a shows after how many people freaked out seeing him return and we got no word at the Disney stock meeting...wonder what else they have stashed away

Reactions: belloq87
Since Kathy said this will be the next Chapter, I wonder how literally they'll take that. Like, will Episode one be titled Chapter 17?

Also, is this the only Star Wars show of 2021 aside from Bad Batch and Visions? I think this is the only live-action one we have confirmed.

I wonder if they do a two episode finale on the 22nd - especially since it’s a Christmas show with a finale after Christmas.
I think it’s more likely they do a two episode premiere of Hawkeye if they don’t want it bumping into Boba.

As there’s more and more of these big shows, they’ll have to start getting more creative with release dates in order for the shows to not run into each other.

Reactions: HalfGlass
I honestly don’t think it would be a bad thing if the two franchises overlap. Not all Marvel fans like Star Wars and vice versa. Giving people both options would help keep a healthy subscriber count.

Reactions: HalfGlass
I mean...I would love ten epsiodes but the fact we get a Boba Series at all is just so amazing.
Eh, the Mando seasons were 8 episodes and felt plenty fine in length. I do hope this series has those episodes trend a bit longer per episode, but I think 7 should be fine.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Eh, the Mando seasons were 8 episodes and felt plenty fine in length. I do hope this series has those episodes trend a bit longer per episode, but I think 7 should be fine.
I know but this is a long time coming and hopefully there is a season 2....I could just watch a new episode of Boba doing normal chores and be entertained..lol

Pretty disappointing pilot IMO. Weird pacing between the flashbacks and present day stuff and I literally have no idea where the story is going. Compared to the first episode of Mandolorian where you’re like “whoa what does that mean?”….this is more like “what is this show even about?”.

Not to mention the action was fairly lackluster and unimpressive compared to what came before.

Really hoping it’s a weak start with a promising future.

Reactions: tielo
Pretty disappointing pilot IMO. Weird pacing between the flashbacks and present day stuff and I literally have no idea where the story is going. Compared to the first episode of Mandolorian where you’re like “whoa what does that mean?”….this is more like “what is this show even about?”.

Not to mention the action was fairly lackluster and unimpressive compared to what came before.

Really hoping it’s a weak start with a promising future.
It was fun and filled in gaps for people who don't pay attention to every nook cranny of the of continuity, but it was a very standard setting up the table type of pilot. Hopefully things heat up in later episodes.